AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 12 17.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 25.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 25.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 22.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-25, 14:21   Link #641
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well he fills in the void of famous role models for her. Plus he's a great example of not needing pure insane power, being intelligent and using what you've got effectively. After all it wasn't blowing up a planet that got Chrono where he was...well he might have blown up a planet now and then. We could find out if they would get him in an episode!
well entrances can either make or break a guy...lets just hope that he gets more than 10 words unlike our ferret friend over there and im all up for tea going dere dere mode...just what you need to get the blood pumping and for amy to go into "slappy-slappy-think-of-the-kids" mode

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-25, 18:42   Link #642
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

Well then, shall I do the honors of doing the support defenses? I've got Defenser Plus EX ready as well.

By all means, please go in with guns blazing.
No really, I CAN'T

It's really one of those things that would make a secondary character TOO overpowered without reason

I'll sent you a pm though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Technically, he is stronger than our aces, so he would be telling stories about himself ^_^
To be fair, Chrono is comfirmed stronger (or more skilled) than Nanoha and Fate. But not sure about Hayate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well he fills in the void of famous role models for her. Plus he's a great example of not needing pure insane power, being intelligent and using what you've got effectively. After all it wasn't blowing up a planet that got Chrono where he was...well he might have blown up a planet now and then. We could find out if they would get him in an episode!
And for all we know, Chrono's motivation for becoming an enforcer might be the same as Teana's...

... Though I don't think he should tell Teana WHEN he became an Enforcer ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well entrances can either make or break a guy...lets just hope that he gets more than 10 words unlike our ferret friend over there and im all up for tea going dere dere mode...just what you need to get the blood pumping and for amy to go into "slappy-slappy-think-of-the-kids" mode
Well, since Amy's stuck at home most of the time...

... Nobody has to know.
Old 2007-05-25, 19:04   Link #643
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
To be fair, Chrono is comfirmed stronger (or more skilled) than Nanoha and Fate. But not sure about Hayate...
I believe Chrono was AAA+ while Nanoha and Fate were AAA. However, this was in A's. It's possible it has changed drastically by StrikerS.
Old 2007-05-25, 19:34   Link #644
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I believe Chrono was AAA+ while Nanoha and Fate were AAA. However, this was in A's. It's possible it has changed drastically by StrikerS.
Well that may be true, I don't believe it would be anything 'drastic'.

Hayate took the test to become a SS rank mage so that it would get her a promotion to a commander rank.

Chrono had became an Admiral, which I assume is a higher rank than Lt Colonel even though they're from different department, in his early twenties.

Using Lindy as a reference, she's an S rank mage so I believe that's more or less a minimal rank for an Admiral.

Like the Aces, 10 years is alot of time to develop skills...
Old 2007-05-25, 19:36   Link #645
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Well, as I have had already mentioned, Chrono being Teana's "mentor" is a logical step. Teana is currently the ONLY scrub without a direct senior counterpart. Nanoha is obviously linked with Subaru, while Caro and Erio can have Fate (and maybe Yuuno).

Chrono is an Enforcer, and a fairly famous one in the TSAB at that. He is also more experienced and can potentially teach better than Nanoha. Do not be fooled though, he is quite "unforgiving" in training as well.

Teana is the "odd" one out in the team as she is supposed to be more about brains than brawn, and this is where Chrono can show her what to do, because Chrono IS also about brains, and not just brawn (as he drawls about ever so often).

Another common factor is that Chrono's father was an Enforcer who lost his life in the line of duty. The circumstances were wildly different, but this is another point where they can relate to one another. Having lost a love one who died in the call to duty.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-25, 19:58   Link #646
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well, as I have had already mentioned, Chrono being Teana's "mentor" is a logical step. Teana is currently the ONLY scrub without a direct senior counterpart. Nanoha is obviously linked with Subaru, while Caro and Erio can have Fate (and maybe Yuuno).

Chrono is an Enforcer, and a fairly famous one in the TSAB at that. He is also more experienced and can potentially teach better than Nanoha. Do not be fooled though, he is quite "unforgiving" in training as well.

Teana is the "odd" one out in the team as she is supposed to be more about brains than brawn, and this is where Chrono can show her what to do, because Chrono IS also about brains, and not just brawn (as he drawls about ever so often).

Another common factor is that Chrono's father was an Enforcer who lost his life in the line of duty. The circumstances were wildly different, but this is another point where they can relate to one another. Having lost a love one who died in the call to duty.

Cheers.

Unless it was mentioned in the manga, which I have not read, AFAIK, Chrono's father was an Admiral that lost his life while trying to deal with the Book of Darkness.
Old 2007-05-25, 19:59   Link #647
Meophist

Quote:
Well that may be true, I don't believe it would be anything 'drastic'.

Hayate took the test to become a SS rank mage so that it would get her a promotion to a commander rank.

Chrono had became an Admiral, which I assume is a higher rank than Lt Colonel even though they're from different department, in his early twenties.

Using Lindy as a reference, she's an S rank mage so I believe that's more or less a minimal rank for an Admiral.

Like the Aces, 10 years is alot of time to develop skills...
Military rank ≠ Mage rank

I don't think there are any mage rank requirements for any of the military ranks. Subaru's dad, for example, has no magical capability and yet is of a very high rank. Chrono is probably S-rank, I'd wager. I don't think the position he's in would require much combat ability.
Old 2007-05-25, 20:10   Link #648
Ottocycle

The above might be true ,but actually I'd say that mage rank is a very powerful stepping stone toward promotion.

Having been in an actual military, my money's on Hayate being fast-tracked for Admiral-calibre posts. Its terribly unbelieveable IRL for a 1st LT to get to LTC within 4 years, or less, so that book she holds has gotta be something.

Though we might not know about the actual events, I daresay Chrono is the result of being fast-tracked. Big time. That's gotta say a lot for a normal Mid mage.

And of course, Genya having no such credentials, would lead to him leading some normal unit with under average funding, and stuff like that.

Probably also why we see all the TSAB bigwigs being briefed by Hayate and Fate being old and wrinkly.
Old 2007-05-25, 20:20   Link #649
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
The above might be true ,but actually I'd say that mage rank is a very powerful stepping stone toward promotion.
I agree, as it was said in the show itself. AAA+ is also a very high rank, one of the highest.
Old 2007-05-25, 20:24   Link #650
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Meophist

That's why I mentioned his age.

I would think that it's way too fast for someone of his age to become an Admiral this early, that means that like Hayate, he would have to have an exceptional mage rank to be promoted this quickly.
Old 2007-05-25, 20:28   Link #651
Meophist

Quote:
@Meophist

That's why I mentioned his age.

I would think that it's way too fast for someone of his age to become an Admiral this early, that means that like Hayate, he would have to have an exceptional mage rank to be promoted this quickly.
I'm not disagreeing. I just think that AAA+ and S ranks are already exceptional.
Old 2007-05-25, 20:30   Link #652
Skane
Anime Snark

His "deeds of valour" in the Lost Logia case can also be a factor. Fast-track promotions in such cases are not unheard of, if you read up on some of the more colourful military personalities in our history.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-25, 20:44   Link #653
Meophist

So… um… what were we arguing about again?
Old 2007-05-25, 21:00   Link #654
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

To be honest, I'm not completely sure if it's just between you and me, it's whether a not Chrono would be on the same or higher level than the aces...
Old 2007-05-25, 21:13   Link #655
Meophist

Quote:
To be honest, I'm not completely sure if it's just between you and me, it's whether a not Chrono would be on the same or higher level than the aces...
I just think he's S-rank in StrikerS. We don't have any evidence going either way though.
Old 2007-05-25, 21:36   Link #656
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow I really didn't think somewhat mentioning Chrono's power would open up such a big can of worms. Seriously I like Chrono I wasn't saying nothing bad about him. Not sure if this is Chrono being Teana's sort of mentor, how powerful he is, or the history of his military career.

Chrono is strong, but since we haven't seen him in so long its impossible to speculate where his magical peak is. Don't think military rank is all that linked to power at least in the levels of admirals. If your good at organization and the running of a military then you should get the position. Highly powerful mages would probably stay in the area that they could still see a lot of action. But who knows really how this military works? No really does anyone actually know since I'm confused.

I'm just going to guess that he's S rank. But it's all guess work at this point. Curse them will they just give us Chrono already?
Old 2007-05-25, 21:46   Link #657
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The wait I can handle, I've long gotten used to it

But in exchange, they damn well better make it legendary!
Old 2007-05-25, 23:35   Link #658
Aaron008R

Quote:
No really, I CAN'T

It's really one of those things that would make a secondary character TOO overpowered without reason

I'll sent you a pm though
If it wouldn't be bothersome, then yes, please!

Quote:
Going by my perspective, I believe he should be at least S+. I'm positive he would have surpassed Lindy by now, anyway. In any case, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he surpassed even Hayate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Every bit right there. I remember that he brought Fate to tears (she thought that she failed the Contract Mage exam) after binding her then giving her a stern lecture about anticipation of enemies' tactics in battle. (Lindy and Leti were commenting that the treatment was pretty harsh of Chrono)

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-05-26, 00:12   Link #659
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
If it wouldn't be bothersome, then yes, please!

Quote:

Going by my perspective, I believe he should be at least S+. I'm positive he would have surpassed Lindy by now, anyway. In any case, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he surpassed even Hayate.
In terms of skill, I believe it could be possible.

Of course like I've said before, he would really need alot wits to match their level firepower with just skills alone.

Quote:
Every bit right there. I remember that he brought Fate to tears (she thought that she failed the Contract Mage exam) after binding her then giving her a stern lecture about anticipation of enemies' tactics in battle. (Lindy and Leti were commenting that the treatment was pretty harsh of Chrono)
(Actually it was Amy and Leti... ^^;; )

I won't call it a lecture , he's just simply telling her off ...

... That scene still makes me smile for all the wrong reasons...
Old 2007-05-26, 00:30   Link #660
Aaron008R

Quote:
Thanks!

Quote:
In terms of skill, I believe it could be possible.

Of course like I've said before, he would really need alot wits to match their level firepower with just skills alone.
Psychological warfare? (I'm looking at it from a one-on-one basis) But you do have a good point there. I guess what's really needed now is the grand entrance of Chrono to finally see what he got up his sleeves.

Quote:
(Actually it was Amy and Leti... ^^;; )

I won't call it a lecture , he's just simply telling her off ...

... That scene still makes me smile for all the wrong reasons...
Amy and Leti it is then.
And by the way, which part are you referring too? Am I right in saying that it's the combat part?

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Closed Thread