AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-13, 12:14   Link #2241
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Did anyone else screw up their romance?

I romanced Ashley and Tali respective in ME1 and ME2, and I thought, like the previous games, you can flirt around and fool with the romance options ( I know, what a player..). So I was doing so with Liara, and it locked me into her relationship!!

I eventually wanted to romance Tali, but I got stuck with liara. So now with this current save - I've romanced 3 different people in the trilogy.

This sucks. I wish I got more a headsup; in the previous games they would confront you to choose, which is what I was expecting.

Did anyone else do this? Also, is there a difference if you romanced a character in a previous game and then continued the relationship versus a completely new romance in ME3? Was just wondering if there were any noticeable dialogue differences if I had romanced Liara in ME1.
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 12:33   Link #2242
Nixl

I have a question for those that have played multiple endings,

Spoiler for About the Crew:
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 16:05   Link #2243
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
The more I think about it, the more I believe the "indoctrination theory" is correct. The ending makes so little sense it can't be anything but intentional.

I'm not giving Bioware a pass here, though. If the indoctrination theory is correct, then Mass Effect 3 was released with no ending. If the indoctrination theory is correct, then the ending to Mass Effect 3 was intentionally left off so that EA could sell it to us later on for $10.

I'm not any happier, at all. The two most likely circumstances lead to either laziness and incompetence or sickening levels of corporate greed.
Old 2012-03-13, 16:22   Link #2244
Alchemist007
*Author

After spending as much time playing these games as I have, I would rather it be intentional bullshittery by EA to get the shit by DLC (preferebly free). Because if it just ends as something horrible (if the indoct theory is wrong), then it's just a giant let down of following something for years. Not that it makes EA right either way, the game should've ended properly on release.
Old 2012-03-13, 16:33   Link #2245
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
After spending as much time playing these games as I have, I would rather it be intentional bullshittery by EA to get the shit by DLC (preferebly free). Because if it just ends as something horrible (if the indoct theory is wrong), then it's just a giant let down of following something for years. Not that it makes EA right either way, the game should've ended properly on release.
You know damn well that if this was an intentional non-ending (which seems increasingly likely), the DLC with the actual ending will not be free. And EA will blame piracy and the damage used game sales does as the reason they were forced to cut the ending off of ME3 and release it later as paid downloadable content.
Old 2012-03-13, 16:35   Link #2246
Alchemist007
*Author

Unless they just ran out of time (and were really hell bent on the 3/6/2012 date). I mean they've released stuff for free before. But yeah, I do think it would be very easy to charge and make bucket-loads. Everyone will complain, everyone will buy it.
Old 2012-03-13, 16:40   Link #2247
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Unless they just ran out of time (and were really hell bent on the 3/6/2012 date). I mean they've released stuff for free before. But yeah, I do think it would be very easy to charge and make bucket-loads. Everyone will complain, everyone will buy it.
Yup. All of the ME fans are too invested in the story to let it go over principle. We'll complain, but we'll buy it anyway. I bought From Ashes, even though I bitterly complained about day-one DLC. But I had to see what was in it, and watching youtube videos just isn't the same.

They've really got us over a barrel. This makes me concerned for future releases from EA/Bioware. It makes me not want to buy them, not get invested in the stories or become a fan of the series, because they'll use that to squeeze many dollars out of me.

Perhaps I should consider giving up gaming. It's changing so much and not in a good way...
Old 2012-03-13, 16:46   Link #2248
Who

People will probably have to wait a long time for that DLC if it ever does come. First DLC's details have been leaked.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...s--Races-.html
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 16:48   Link #2249
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

OF COURSE it's a stupid multiplayer DLC. Like I even gave two shits about the multiplayer and I'm already pissed off that it affects the single-player in any shape or form.
Old 2012-03-13, 16:52   Link #2250
Alchemist007
*Author

Anyone who didn't buy this for the MP, certainly has reason not to get it. Likely targeted to the bros on xbox though D:
Old 2012-03-13, 17:08   Link #2251
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
While the ending is indeed a catastrophically massive letdown, I honestly think having a DLC to change it is the wrong thing to do. If BioWare has to apologise for that ending, they should do so by making another, better game with a good ending, not by validating people's self-entitlement. Self-entitlement and the "need" for self-validation are the two absolute worst things about people on the internet.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 17:53   Link #2252
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Yup. All of the ME fans are too invested in the story to let it go over principle. We'll complain, but we'll buy it anyway. I bought From Ashes, even though I bitterly complained about day-one DLC. But I had to see what was in it, and watching youtube videos just isn't the same.

They've really got us over a barrel. This makes me concerned for future releases from EA/Bioware. It makes me not want to buy them, not get invested in the stories or become a fan of the series, because they'll use that to squeeze many dollars out of me.

Perhaps I should consider giving up gaming. It's changing so much and not in a good way...
I dunno. From the Ashes was good as Javik actually does quite a bit with everybody else in ME.

But if they release a DLC for the SP which maybe adds characters or something I dunno if people would be up for that. I mean at this point we all know in the end it doesn't change the poor ending. IMO there's very little incentive.

There's more incentive on the MP but there's only so much you can do for that one. I'm hoping that down the road people won't buy the DLC's from ME unless they do something to improve the ending (which is highly unlikely).

As someone posted before, how far can you go before the dam breaks? Yes people will buy it regardless but there's always a line that shouldn't be crossed and Bioware IMO is tredding dangerously close there.

Quote:
While the ending is indeed a catastrophically massive letdown, I honestly think having a DLC to change it is the wrong thing to do. If BioWare has to apologise for that ending, they should do so by making another, better game with a good ending, not by validating people's self-entitlement. Self-entitlement and the "need" for self-validation are the two absolute worst things about people on the internet.
I would disagree. It's not self-entitlement it's more on the lines that the game was awesome till the last 5 minutes where everything just got thrown out the window and it turned into a Deus Ex Human Revolution ending with plot holes. The issue is that most of these people had invested so much time crafting their story from ME1 only to have it bogged down to 3 choices which means everything you did didn't really mattered.

And besides, didn't Fallout 3 get a DLC that did an alternate ending?

It's highly unlikely anything will happen but I would like to hear an explanation of their side. I am also aware that there's a panel coming up on April 6th and unless Bioware addresses this it's going to be a gong show.

If there's one thing that really ticks people off it's the fact that they spent so much money and time in this only to have it revert back to a linear-style like game where everything you did didn't matter.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2012-03-13 at 18:05.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 18:01   Link #2253
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
People will probably have to wait a long time for that DLC if it ever does come. First DLC's details have been leaked.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...s--Races-.html
Eh, kind of expected. It is the same as Assassin's Creed after Brotherhood got multiplayer, the developer will try to milk more the multiplayer while they make a DLC for single player.

Honestly, considering how people are angry after the endings I don't see this DLC doing good.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 18:57   Link #2254
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Yes, FO3 got Broken Steel, which was developed primarily because the fans reacted negatively to the original ending. The Broken Steel ending is far better and nobody is the worse for it.
Old 2012-03-13, 19:03   Link #2255
Alchemist007
*Author

Unfortunately, this isn't Bethesda.
Old 2012-03-13, 19:08   Link #2256
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

No, its EA

E - Eternal
A - A--holes
Old 2012-03-13, 19:19   Link #2257
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I'm just waiting for a savegame editor that can let me set the readiness to 100% across the board.
Old 2012-03-13, 19:58   Link #2258
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
I'm just waiting for a savegame editor that can let me set the readiness to 100% across the board.
or just get max everything.
Old 2012-03-13, 20:24   Link #2259
Who

Quote:
There's two already.

http://svn.gib.me/builds/masseffect3/

I'll look up the other one later.

Edit:
http://wenchy.net/me3-coalesced-utility/ <-- this one is easier to use.

I've seen people use it for readiness levels but I haven't done it myself, since I'm already at 100% readiness from doing one day of grinding on MP.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 20:55   Link #2260
killer3000ad

This guy hits the nail on the head about the endings.

Tags
effect, games, mass