The correct link for toybox fansubs site is:

http://www.toyboxfansubs.com/
Hasnt been updated since june though
Old 2007-09-21, 23:57   Link #562
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Wow after episode 17 I stand by what I said before. I would rate this anime 8-9 and I'll lean close to 9. True that the plot actually sucks, below average, but they're just so cute. I may be saying this just because I'm sick of love triangles at the moment, but that's how I feel.
Old 2007-09-22, 00:05   Link #563
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Im holding off watching ti now until someone completes it, then ill do a marathon
Old 2007-09-22, 00:07   Link #564
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I think a marathon of Mamoru would make me hate the anime actually. :P I like it mostly because it's cute, so 10+ episodes with poor plot in a row will break me.
Old 2007-09-22, 02:04   Link #565
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

lol if an anime dosent last a marathon with me it gets deleted. I did that with GSD, watched all the eps in one sitting, found it lame and deleted it >.<
Old 2007-09-22, 02:37   Link #566
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

you found GSD lame?! I found it extrodinary, albeit not as good as the first season but hardly something i would delete after downloading 50 ep....
Old 2007-09-22, 03:55   Link #567
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I found it boring, it was 'okay' as anime goes, but it fails to live up to the original GS. By episode 30 i was thinking of giving up and going off to play guild wars or something >.<

I'm not a huge mecha fan as it is, so its got to have something special to keep me watching and for me to keep it.
Old 2007-09-29, 03:09   Link #568
Traece
:cool:

I have no issues with watching something in one straight sitting. I find that after a long period of time dealing with new episodes once a week, it can be quite relaxing to see several episodes in a single day. Gundam Seed was great for a sitting, I only watched the last half though because CN ruined it for meh.
New episode of Mamoru-kun Ni Megami no Shukufuku wo! Yay!!!!
Toybox got SERVED! <_< It's a good episode too.
Old 2007-10-16, 08:00   Link #569
Shin_Battousai

Perhaps this should be moved to the licensed forum now?

http://www.kadokawapicturesusa.com/a..._to_mamoru.php
Old 2007-10-16, 08:44   Link #570
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

LOL?? How does a show that doesn't even get finished fansubbed get picked for a license?(Talking about first group)
Old 2007-10-16, 08:51   Link #571
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Battousai View Post
Just who are Kadokawa USA?

I've never heard of them before in regards to US anime releases, yet I see that they have (among other things) Haruhi, Karin, and FMP:TSR listed on their website, which I thought were licenced by Bandai, Geneon and Funimation, respectivly? Are they just some sort of distributor?

Given the glacial pace that Mamoru-kun is being fansubbed, I would certainly welcome a US release, I just wonder about this company.
Old 2007-10-16, 09:11   Link #572
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

They didn't do those three.

This is odd, I have never heard of them either.

This was on their site.

Quote:
Kadokawa Pictures USA (KPUSA) is the Los Angeles based arm of entertainment giant KADOKAWA GROUP HOLDINGS, INC (KGH) in Japan. KGH includes KADOKAWA GROUP PUBLISHING and KADOKAWA PICTURES. KADOKAWA GROUP PUBLISHING is one of the oldest and largest publishing groups in Japan and the largest publishers of Japanese Manga. KADOKAWA PICTURES with its library of over 2000 titles, develops, finances, produces and distributes live action and anime films theatrically and for TV throughout Japan and Asia and boasts a state-of-the art production facility in Tokyo. Films that have garnered worldwide attention from these libraries include: THE RING, DARK WATER, PULSE and SHALL WE DANCE? KGH also includes a major exhibitor in Japan,Kadokawa Cineplex.

KPUSA distributes, licenses, remakes and adapts library films and books for an international audience in the English language. It also acquires foreign language films for distribution in Japan

Wiki said they are a Japanese company. The website is just their USA branch, but they havn't licensed anything. They distribute the shows to TV stations and such. They just take already licensed material and send it out. I can't find anything on a group that licensed this.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6803

Look at bottom, says Japanese companies. Kadokawa is there. Nothing about this being licensed.

On a side note, 18 was just released.
Old 2007-10-16, 09:13   Link #573
Shin_Battousai

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think they're like the US branch of Kadokawa Japan who have the licenses in Japan which is similar to how there's Geneon in Japan and the US. And yes, Bandai, Geneon and Funimation were just responsible for distribution (and i think production too) while Kadokawa are the ones who actually have the license. Anyone who followed the licensing development of Haruhi would remember that the original ASOS Brigade web site had a line that something to the effect of "Haruhi licensed by Kadokawa USA, distributed by Bandai" on the bottom of the page.

If you check animenewsnetwork's pages for those titles, you'll see Kadokawa Pictures USA is the one who has the licenses too. I suspect ANN hasn't mentioned anything because no distributor has been announced yet and consequently, no press release either. However, the anime is listed under their (Kadokawa USA's) licensing and distribution page and it seems like whatever Kadokawa Shoten has in Japan, then if it's going to be stateside, then Kadokawa Pictures USA is automatically the one who has the license.

Last edited by Shin_Battousai; 2007-10-16 at 09:44.
Old 2007-10-16, 10:05   Link #574
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Eh either way it still cracks me up this was chosen.
Old 2007-10-16, 11:18   Link #575
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

18! 18! 18! And is this a recognized Licensing company?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-10-16, 12:25   Link #576
relentlessflame

*Administrator

AnimeSuki should not consider it licensed, unless they want to consider all Kadokawa, Geneon, Bandai, and Shogakukan shows licensed in advance. Kadokawa USA is simply Kadokawa Japan's wholly-owned subsidiary that represents their properties in the U.S., just like Geneon USA, Bandai Visual, and Viz. By posting Mamoru-kun on their website, it means they're shopping for a partner or a licensor, since they themselves don't distribute anime in North America. It shouldn't be considered licensed, by AnimeSuki's definition, until a distribution partner or licensor is announced, as there are no plans for release yet.

In this case, it's not so dissimilar to Enoki Films USA -- the shows listed there aren't licensed, but Enoki has the right to license them if any company's interested. That's what the Kadokawa listing means.
Old 2007-10-16, 12:32   Link #577
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Well Animesuki doesn't list something as licensed when someone is shopping for a license. But it is clear that those subbers better finish this fast before it does become licensed!

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-10-16, 12:37   Link #578
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
Eh either way it still cracks me up this was chosen.
Why? It's a good show, and certainly as good as a lot of other things that do get licenced in the US.
Old 2007-10-16, 13:08   Link #579
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I think this is an excellent show. It's innocent, cute romance and comedy where the plot is just an afterthought. It's one of those unique shows that's as close to a slice of life as a fantasy can get.
Old 2007-10-16, 14:37   Link #580
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

I know it is a good show but this was picked over some other bigger titles is what I mean.

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, romance, school life, tsundere, zexcs