AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-03-09, 12:55   Link #81
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I don't really see where you're getting the pervert thing from, I thought why she was disappointed was obvious. Like you said she reached out to Shin during the beach walk and was hoping for Shin to reach out to her by coming to her room. Instead he took her lie about #4 and made the situation worse by setting up a date between them two. Of course Shin thought she wanted that especially since she mentioned her eating lunch with Noe.
Let’s see if I can explain myself much better this time around… For starters, Hiromi doesn’t think he is a pervert (not now, not then, not even in my long paragraph). She thinks, however, by intruding into her room, that he was not paying any respect (if this word has too much of a strong connotation, I don’t know what else to do) to her sanctuary (her room).

“not different from any other pervert” =/ “pervert”
“perverted face (>.<)” <-- I meant this as a joke when he obviously doesn’t have a perverted face (I’m aware I have a unique sense of humor).

I did consider the scenario wherein she gets disappointed/frustrated because Shin is setting her up with Jun at her own expense. However, I find strange the belief that Shin was lying to her (is there any reason to distrust such comment concerning Jun to the point she believes it’s a lie or as a said multiple times, not leaving room to believe it’s true?). This led me to think that she perhaps had other/more reasons to get mad at him which I tried to elaborate in that long paragraph. Shin was a guy and Hiromi was a girl; it was the first time he was allowed into her room; Hiromi’s room is very important to her; the text message; and the list goes on. Just to point out that it wasn’t simply because she didn’t like Shin’s idea.

@golthin

Life is made by odd ideas…
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 14:02   Link #82
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

still an ep or two too early to declare hiromi the winner. though it sure looks like it'll be going that way.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 17:03   Link #83
JCMS

Yeah but I'm sure EP11 will bring a plot twist. I mean, we already know that hiromi says "I am not the one you like". I don't think it can be the Jun, since everyone already knows that- even her.
JCMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 18:33   Link #84
ZODDGUTS

The tone of her voice says otherwise I don't see her saying anything like that to Shin in that tone of voice also don't Jun still doesn't want the relationship with Hiromi to end eventhough she made it clear she doesn't want to be with him. The preview you hear him saying "You won't meet up?" most likely saying it to Hiromi which will lead to the scene in her saying "The one you like isn't me". But who knows I could end up being wrong but I doubt it.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 18:52   Link #85
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMS View Post
Yeah but I'm sure EP11 will bring a plot twist. I mean, we already know that hiromi says "I am not the one you like". I don't think it can be the Jun, since everyone already knows that- even her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
The tone of her voice says otherwise I don't see her saying anything like that to Shin in that tone of voice also don't Jun still doesn't want the relationship with Hiromi to end eventhough she made it clear she doesn't want to be with him. The preview you hear him saying "You won't meet up?" most likely saying it to Hiromi which will lead to the scene in her saying "The one you like isn't me". But who knows I could end up being wrong but I doubt it.
@ Zoddguts

Yes, I said it in the ep 10 thread that the main benefit of saying "the one you like isn't me" is that it implies that he, whoever that he is, likes someone else and not Hiromi.

If it is indeed Jun, it will be so that Jun realizes his feelings for Noe since he has been hiding them as fiercely as Hiromi was hiding her feelings for Shin earlier on in the series. And again, Jun still hasn't thought about who he likes in the positive sense, he's just been dwelling on Hiromi, and as JCMS points out, we all know he doesn't really like her that way. So that obviously begs the question of who he does feel that way about... and it would have to be Noe if Hiromi does pose that statement to him.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 19:09   Link #86
JCMS

Why are we even thinking of incest O_O
Old 2008-03-09, 19:30   Link #87
vio5555

Quote:
Why are we even thinking of incest O_O
That's not it; I'm just pointing out that you're not seeing the second half of what she says.

She says 2 things by saying "the one you like isn't me" if indeed she says it to Jun (which I assume here).

1) Jun doesn't like Hiromi. (You correctly point this out, "everyone knows it" as you say, he does, she does, and the viewers do).

2) Jun likes someone else - probably Noe by every indication in the anime. (This is the statement you're missing in your analysis).

That's all I was doing, just pointing out the second half of her statement, if indeed it is towards Jun.

Last edited by vio5555; 2008-03-09 at 20:03.
Old 2008-03-09, 19:38   Link #88
JCMS

Yeah but if he'd like noe, wouldn't that be almost incesnt >_>?
Old 2008-03-09, 19:49   Link #89
vio5555

Quote:
I guess, but I didn't realize you were concerned about that; I just thought you wanted an answer to why she would say that to him...

It would be incest for Jun to like Noe, but I'm not going to get into that here...
Old 2008-03-09, 22:46   Link #90
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Hiromi looked so happy in episode 10!

<3<3<3

Im really happy for her. If only Shin will really "do everything properly"! Grrr
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 22:50   Link #91
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Yes... also I advise you to never watch Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 22:55   Link #92
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yes... also I advise you to never watch Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru.
or Koi kaze!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 14:22   Link #93
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
Hiromi looked so happy in episode 10! <3<3<3 Im really happy for her. If only Shin will really "do everything properly"! Grrr
So happy, almost to the point of panic. I like Noe, but Hiromi and Shin belong together. And anyway, Shin is not the greatest prize in the world, lol.

As for whether NoexJun would be incest, I think there remains some doubt. I recall that when Shin first met Jun, he said that Jun looked like Noe, but Jun replied: "Not at all." They have been living as brother and sister, but they may not be related by blood. Maybe.

By the way, JCMS, we are talking about incest in that regard mainly because of one scene early on where Jun pensively stroked Noe's neck as he was putting on her bike helmet. As well as the pantsu flash in the fist scene where we saw them together at home. That second thing doesn;t say anything about him, but is a suggestive suggestion by the director.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-03-12 at 00:15.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 16:41   Link #94
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, i really enjoyed her laugh in ep 10. she's been so cold and sad throughout the series that its nice to see her warm up a bit.

i'm definitely expecting a plot twist in 11, but i can't see them breaking down Hiromi and Shin in the next 3 eps. if they do, i'll be upset because the way they've set it up, anything other than Shin and Hiromi would be awkward.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 18:59   Link #95
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
So happy, almost to the point of panic. I like Noe, but Hiromi and Shin belong together. And anyway, Shin is not the greatest prize in the world, lol.

As for whether NoexJun would be incest, I think there remains some doubt. I recall that when Shin first met Jun, he said that Jun looked like Noe, but Jun replied: "Not at all." They have been living as brother and sister, but they may not be related by blood. Maybe.
Panic? I dont see nor feel any panic, a lot of excitement, and hope though.

<3
Old 2008-03-11, 20:15   Link #96
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Panic? I dont see nor feel any panic, a lot of excitement, and hope though. <3
Well, I was joking a bit, but that extreme look on her face when you saw it over Shin's shoulder as she crashed into him looked kind of panicky to me. At first I thought it was panic that he might be hurt. Then I thought it might be panic that she was herself falling. But really you're right it wasn't panic related to her love for Shin, except maybe concern for him. And maybe it was just that feeling of painful happiness you can get when you are so happy you feel you might start to cry.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 06:24   Link #97
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Hiromi looked so happy in episode 10!

<3<3<3

Im really happy for her. If only Shin will really "do everything properly"! Grrr
Yes, when she got our of the truck, run towards Shin, I think Hiromi's feelings for Shin are overflowing back there.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 08:43   Link #98
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Well, I was joking a bit, but that extreme look on her face when you saw it over Shin's shoulder as she crashed into him looked kind of panicky to me. At first I thought it was panic that he might be hurt. Then I thought it might be panic that she was herself falling. But really you're right it wasn't panic related to her love for Shin, except maybe concern for him. And maybe it was just that feeling of painful happiness you can get when you are so happy you feel you might start to cry.
Oh, regarding that scene when Shin crashed, im sure she panicked there. Im also pretty sure she wasnt happy there either xD. I take the look on her face when she's falling as a shocked look, like "Oh no! Im falling!"

Old 2008-03-12, 19:40   Link #99
FuzzyWuzzy

I hope shin and hiromi ends up together cause they are both idiots.
Shin is an idiot cause he should be all over Noe since Noe is too good for him anyway.
Hiromi is an idiot because she can't fight for the person she loves. She couldn't fight for him, she is a coward. If she really has feelings for him, she should fight for him.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 10:44   Link #100
Falkor

Spoiler for contains some details from episode 08:

Please don’t expect too much out of this; this is the plain depiction of my thoughts and feelings.

Anything beyond this point is merely speculation from my part based on the seventh episode. It’s interesting to see that Hiromi’s screen time was reduced to a nil amount in order to give Noe and Shin some kind of focus. Now, as far as Hiromi concerns, she didn’t have any relevant role, but every bit of her has certain charm even if that’s only an opinion of mine.

If fatigue is no goal of hers, Hiromi is otherwise trying too hard at school and at home for no good reason. Before reaching her limits, she may come to agree that such revelation took part of her life and not exactly her whole future. She may no longer seem to have any interest in the events following her actions, but it’s more likely one way to hide her state of mind. She is straining herself with chores no normal girl would be able to handle—as such hope of calming her interior world is not easy. For once, it means that she has been desensitized to any form of divine punishment.

Noe didn’t intend to cause such a reaction out of Hiromi, although the person in question couldn’t react any better. Chances are low of having a day when the former really comes to understand the latter if she [Hiromi] is immersed at times in heavy feelings of frustration and perhaps jealousy. No words would come close to describe a situation as complication as hers, and probably no ordeal would be faithful enough to portray her life the way it is.

After confessing one of those little secrets she buries deep inside, there’s nothing left she feels would amend things, not after that. Ignoring him as she did for the first three episodes or so it’s her own way now of hiding the fact she was hurt again by a complex set of thoughts. Whether she wants to believe that any development occurred in the past few days should have an especial meaning beyond the mere memory of some happy-go-lucky day, it’s not up to her to decide, not anymore when those days are in the past. She opened new paths to him and he took the chance to escape from her—as such relationship was not allowed to exist. No other sight would be as detrimental when the object of her fear was taking form in front of her eyes. It was bound to occur and she wanted to say so—that life was unfair to her.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote