AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-12, 05:47   Link #101
Secca
nya`
*Artist

It'll be funny if Shinobu use Byakugan. That thing is like X-ray vision. I doubt it's gona happen tho. ^^
Old 2004-08-12, 06:08   Link #102
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
It'll be funny if Shinobu use Byakugan. That thing is like X-ray vision. I doubt it's gona happen tho. ^^
if it does happen, it will probably be something like "Ninpo: X-ray Vision Glasses No Jutsu!" ^_^
Old 2004-08-12, 13:56   Link #103
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
Some parody every now and then is always great. I love to read the naruto manga. And to a point, I love to watch the naruto anime. But being able to make fun of something you love is a mark of those who have sence of humor. ^_^

As for if this reference to ninja was made to be parody of naruto directly, it is almost absolutly certain. Alot of anime shows were made parody in this show, and judging by the mainstream popularity of naruto, it would be the most ideal to parodize.
I didn't see them parodize one thing from Naruto specifically. Everything they parodized are typical Ninja cliches.
Old 2004-08-12, 16:38   Link #104
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
I didn't see them parodize one thing from Naruto specifically. Everything they parodized are typical Ninja cliches.
yes, but it merely common sence that they are making a parody of Naruto rather than some obscure 1980s ninja anime, is it not? Naruto is fairly recent and quite popular. Although it is possible that this show is making fun of ALL ninja animes, it is far more likely that they are making fun of Naruto more specifically because more viewers in this day would identify with a recently popular show.
Old 2004-08-12, 16:52   Link #105
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Lol I like how Sasuke always wearing that ninja hood and mask. How he eat with his mask on? That must have been some high level ninja technique. ^^
Old 2004-08-12, 17:23   Link #106
Itlandm
Porcupine

I would be very surprised if the botched replication jutsu in the opening sequence is not inspired by Naruto. But overall this is clearly a generic ninja parody. (And there's a lot of non-Naruto ninja fiction out there.) I can't think of anything in Naruto that is remotely similar to a shape-changing yellow ball with wings, for instance.
Old 2004-08-12, 17:57   Link #107
HoboGod
Necromancer

it isn't just Naruto that's being poked fun at, of course. ^_^ Alot of popular animes are being parodized and alot of popular anime themes, too. But with every comedy, there is originality, and that yellow ball halk thingie you probaby wont find easily anywhere else.
Old 2004-08-12, 19:53   Link #108
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
I would be very surprised if the botched replication jutsu in the opening sequence is not inspired by Naruto. But overall this is clearly a generic ninja parody. (And there's a lot of non-Naruto ninja fiction out there.) I can't think of anything in Naruto that is remotely similar to a shape-changing yellow ball with wings, for instance.
Umm...I've seen the Bushin no Jutsu in just about every ninja manga/anime/movie/game ever.
Old 2004-08-12, 20:02   Link #109
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Umm...I've seen the Bushin no Jutsu in just about every ninja manga/anime/movie/game ever.
i believe he is refering to how the smoke magically appears while the ninja is doing a hand seal, not the jutsu itself.
Old 2004-08-13, 17:53   Link #110
thirdlc

As for the smoke, I feel a tradition from old live ninja films. Though, I've never watched them.
Old 2004-08-13, 19:51   Link #111
Secca
nya`
*Artist

hmmm, there is actually a plot in episode 6 ...
Old 2004-08-13, 22:25   Link #112
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Come to think of it, it's just a smoke screen bomb for ninja to escape or a prelude to an ambush. What's the magic in that when the air clears and there's suddenly half a dozen more blokes for you to fight
Old 2004-08-14, 13:07   Link #113
HoboGod
Necromancer

how can somebody take a smoke bomb out of their pocket and smash it on the ground while they are doing hand seals?
Old 2004-08-16, 16:56   Link #114
Avaj
?!!

Quote:
how can somebody take a smoke bomb out of their pocket and smash it on the ground while they are doing hand seals?
Ninja's probably can. Heh.

Onsokumaru makes this series, his crazy dialogue lines are great.
I also really like the animation style.
Old 2004-08-16, 18:21   Link #115
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I fell asleep when I watch it, it is supposed to be funny?
Old 2004-08-16, 18:31   Link #116
HoboGod
Necromancer

fell asleep? O_o... are you sure you are watching 2x2 = Shinobuden? I might understand some people not thinking it is funny, but with all the mindless chaos, how can one fall asleep. It is like trying to fall asleep when clowns are riding around you on tricycles while juggling bells.
Old 2004-08-16, 19:03   Link #117
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
this is the one with yellow talking ball using the macho voice and one klutzy ninja girl thingy wearing the pink dress kunoichi thingy right?

IIRC, the yellow ball dude VA is 59 year old veteran of Japanese animation voice acting industry.
Old 2004-08-16, 19:11   Link #118
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
this is the one with yellow talking ball using the macho voice and one klutzy ninja girl thingy wearing the pink dress kunoichi thingy right?

IIRC, the yellow ball dude VA is 59 year old veteran of Japanese animation voice acting industry.
that's the one... but i'm still not quite sure at what point you were given an opportunity to fall asleep. O_o
Old 2004-08-16, 21:08   Link #119
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
1: You're not the one tossing the bomb [remember, 6 other guys setup in ambush]
2: Who said anything about using hands to trigger a smoke bomb.? I'd just drop the thing and break it underfoot while ppl are too busy watching my hands.

Likely the mystique of the ninja stems from common blokes too embarressed to admit they've been screwed over by a dirty trick
Old 2004-08-16, 23:14   Link #120
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
1: You're not the one tossing the bomb [remember, 6 other guys setup in ambush]
2: Who said anything about using hands to trigger a smoke bomb.? I'd just drop the thing and break it underfoot while ppl are too busy watching my hands.

Likely the mystique of the ninja stems from common blokes too embarressed to admit they've been screwed over by a dirty trick
both reasonable explinations, but i wasn't debating how it was done, but merely that it was done in a way that most resembles Naruto.

also a reasonable explination is a time release, the movement of the hand that could drop a smoke bomb wouldn't be suspected if a smoke bomb didn't go off. Instead, it goes off seconds later, the ninja would time their hand seals to the time release smoke bomb. In this manner, a ninja can alone create this illusion without having to move their body as the smoke bomb goes off.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, seinen