AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-08, 04:00   Link #61
iceyfw

Chapter 13 had me laughing when Masato double checked the digital camera only to find his teacher looking at them And I rarely laugh when reading manga.

Now I just have to wait for the other chapters to get translated.
Old 2009-01-03, 19:05   Link #62
Tiberium Wolf

LOL. The new character rocks (ch16). Masato had some hard delightful moments... hehehe.
Old 2009-07-10, 14:20   Link #63
Razzman

I've heard this series has been translated and released in french (I think by a company called Taifu comics). Does anybody know if these translations are available online anywhere. It looks like neither Dynasty or Geisha scans are going to continue the scanlations so if I could find the french volumes I could at least try translating them so I can finish reading the series. I've got the Japanese raws but can't make any sense of Japanese so French would be much better. Any help is much appreciated.
Old 2010-04-19, 14:28   Link #64
lost_boy032000

ive read up to chapter 30 and was wondering if that was the last chapter made, if so, probably the worst ending EVER! leaves you on a cliffhanger and leaves so many questions unanswered. if anyone knows where I can find anymore chapters beyond 30 that are translated in english, please type back. thanks!
Old 2010-04-19, 14:49   Link #65
Johnny
Working the bags...

I've seen the raws, there's a couple more chapters that need to be translated before it ends...
Old 2010-04-19, 14:55   Link #66
lost_boy032000

awesome, just wanted to know. they left it at a little bit of a hanger didnt they? thanx johnny!
Old 2010-04-19, 16:33   Link #67
CommS007

Yuki should stay male and snatch all his love interests away =D
Old 2010-04-29, 09:43   Link #68
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

well it's finally over. My final thoughts:

I hated but was mostly neutral on the main characters, but I started and wanted to finish. The story telling was kinda bland. And seriously wtf? There was no foreshadowing whatsoever about the human blimp hooking up with Yuki's hot cousin. It's like the author threw it in there for shits and giggles at the very end.
Old 2010-04-29, 09:52   Link #69
Johnny
Working the bags...

Well that was shits n' giggles. Reminded me of Mini Me and Fat Bastard from the Austin Power's movie...
Old 2010-04-29, 09:56   Link #70
RisArk

I'll throw my 2 cents:

Overall bland, despite the initial approach. It's like everytime they try to make it interesting, they somehow find that niche level of fail but not total fail that'd you drop it.

The artbook...very sharp...as in you put a piece of paper on their head and it slices in half instantly. So...pointy.
Old 2010-04-29, 15:34   Link #71
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I didn't get the couple end that i wanted, though apart from that i enjoyed the ride. Was rather fun, and that's about it.
Old 2010-04-29, 17:22   Link #72
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ahh well I guess OK sums it up.

I started reading in hoping I would get something really interesting but never really got it and well it wasn't bad enough to stop reading, so stuck with it.

Think I enjoy Prunus Girl more than this, even tho theres only 11 chapters of it out so far.

kinda feel like reading Pretty Face again now....
Old 2010-04-29, 18:05   Link #73
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
kinda feel like reading Pretty Face again now....
A much better series if you ask me.
Old 2010-07-28, 01:35   Link #74
Hoboishjoeishme

I usually only read mainstream manga like Bleach and Naruto and this just blew me away.
I would say Yuki and Masato make a better match than Oozora and Masato together. Yes I know that they're both boys but you have to look to the fact that Yuki and Masato hit it off a lot better than Oozora and Masato.

Despite Masato making Yuki get his hair cut it just made him more attractive. Yes I'll admit that Masato had a pretty superficial attraction to Yuki but it's not like his attraction to Oozora was any more profound. Masato actually tried to get a petition going for Yuki to start dressing like a girl again and that was the main selling point for me. It was also partly because of the time they spent together too. Masato had a lot more action with Yuki than he did with Oozora in terms of making out.

Also just the initial attraction Yuki had towards Masato, even though it wasn't the right person. It just seemed that even though Yuki had the wrong person he had built himself up and changed into his current state because of that person, and even though Masato was clearly not the person Yuki remembered (the swimming scene) they still had an intimate relationship, which proves that if anything, Masato and Yuki should ultimately have emerged as a couple at the end of the series because the relationship that they built up together and the Masato that Yuki found was his true lover in the end.

tl;dr Even though Yuki had the wrong person, the fact that he still fell in love with Masato and not the Ma-kun from the past proves that Yuki is genuinely in love with Masato for the way he is and that ultimately trumps the fact that Masato is the wrong Ma-kun. Though there is glaring evidence that Masato is the wrong person (think pool scene) he still loves Masato for who he is even though he is the wrong person.

The only reason why Masato ended up with Oozora was because Oozora was a girl and Yuki is a boy so it wouldn't have worked out as a shounen manga.

Sorry about this huge post this was my first time reading anything like this and I just had to get my thoughts out about this. I just hope I'm not gay for thinking Yuki+Masato is better than Oozora+Masato.
Old 2010-07-28, 02:22   Link #75
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I may be speaking out of turn here, but I couldn't quite get into this story's humor and found myself wanting to take a cricket bat to Masato's (And ESPECIALLY Hideki's) head. I just don't find any sympathy with the main characters in any way.

IMHO, Prunus Girl (manga with a similar premise) was a lot better humor and story-wise (not to mention the main guy has a reason for being bedevilled by his crossdressing friend--the latter does it ON PURPOSE...)
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, crossdressing, ecchi, shounen, trap