AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-20, 21:40   Link #441
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Actually, I don't doubt that we'll be seeing another season. With this kind of financial success, there's no reason not to.

They had just better do it quickly. After Little Busters, of course.
Depending on how much better the movie did than the standard series DVDs/advertising, they may just move to a movie-based release for the rest of the series.

Also, you know Little Busters won't get an anime until the game is completely translated, that way everyone can play the game, compare it to the anime, and be saddened by the transition. Isn't that how it always goes?
Old 2010-04-20, 21:45   Link #442
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Depending on how much better the movie did than the standard series DVDs/advertising, they may just move to a movie-based release for the rest of the series.
That wouldn't work. There's still five short stories left to animate, plus Intrigues and Dissociation/Surprise are too long for a movie release, if the ridiculous runtime of Disappearance is any indication. Besides, Intrigues is considerably less... cinematic, shall we say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Also, you know Little Busters won't get an anime until the game is completely translated, that way everyone can play the game, compare it to the anime, and be saddened by the transition. Isn't that how it always goes?
Unfortunately, yes, that is how it goes.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2010-04-20 at 21:58.
Old 2010-04-20, 21:48   Link #443
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
That wouldn't work. There's still five short stories left to animate, and Intrigues and Dissociation/Surprise are too long for a movie release, if the length of Disappearance is any indication. Besides, Intrigues is considerably less... cinematic, shall we say?
And much more episodic. Definitely more series-worthy.
Old 2010-04-20, 23:15   Link #444
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
It's the ability of animation/live action to visually show it to you (enhanced as well) instead of you having to picture in your mind. While reading you, and I did the same as well, likely said "oh Kyon's getting stabbed by Asakura, where did that come from?" instead of thinking "Wow! He just got stabbed!" Visually it is an impressive scene and likely one that they focused on to get correctly adapted.
Yup, have to agree there. I believe watching/reading it for the first time, everyone's reaction was "WTF?! Where the hell did that come from?"
Have to say... that girl is SCAAAAARY.

Quote:
Quote:
But yeah...
Spoiler:
The beauty of that explanation is that any plot holes that could come up are solved simply by that person.

There's one big question if we continue down that line of thinking:
Spoiler:
I would assume:
Spoiler:

Quote:
They left out my favorite Koizumi/Kyon dialogue!
"So am I just paying for Suzumiya-san only?"

If you're paying for me as well, I'll tell you even more.

"Then, I'm all ears,"
Haha, that reminds me. They also left out the part where:
Spoiler:

Dammit, I actually found this comment really funny as well.

Quote:
Besides, Intrigues is considerably less... cinematic, shall we say?
Thats true. Besides the car chase, I don't think there is much to add in the cinematics/effects sense. But then this is KyoAni, they're pretty good at bringing out surprises when you don't expect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Spoiler for Near-End Scene Spoiler:
I don't recall that extra detail in the novel either, but man... that extra smack had me cringing, I felt a shiver go down my back in fact.

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2010-04-20 at 23:41.
Old 2010-04-21, 04:33   Link #445
Airman8
Helvetica Standard

Quote:
Intrigues and Dissociation/Surprise are too long for a movie release, if the ridiculous runtime of Disappearance is any indication. Besides, Intrigues is considerably less... cinematic, shall we say?
I was getting all psyched up for an Intrigues movie, but that totally knocked some sense into me. That book is long enough to take up 4 hours worth of movie time if it was done as completely as Disappearance.

It could also possibly be around 10 episodes, which would take up the bulk of a new Haruhi season should they make one. You're right that Intrigues is a slower and less cinematic story, but I think this could work, especially if the Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru came at the beginning to set the stage:

Spoiler for book 7, etc.:
Old 2010-04-22, 01:00   Link #446
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman8 View Post
I was getting all psyched up for an Intrigues movie, but that totally knocked some sense into me. That book is long enough to take up 4 hours worth of movie time if it was done as completely as Disappearance.

It could also possibly be around 10 episodes, which would take up the bulk of a new Haruhi season should they make one. You're right that Intrigues is a slower and less cinematic story, but I think this could work, especially if the Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru came at the beginning to set the stage:

Spoiler for book 7, etc.:
I would assume 8, one for Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru, one to finish up disappearance, and 6 for the Intrigues arc proper, with the remaining 6 episodes to be split up amongst all remaining material through the 8th book in the series. (With the 9th book being the start of a 4th season.)
Old 2010-04-24, 10:04   Link #447
Tabasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I entered into a throes of ecstasy from watching-

Spoiler for Near-End Scene Spoiler:

Cheers.

Not that I remember. It was more that Kyon felt the knife go in, then the screaming started. No twirly cuteness mentioned, though the addition is certainly for the better in making that scene.

I do like the idea of having the complete first season and the movie come out together though. I actually sold my original DVDs back when they started airing the new additions, expecting that an R1 dvd complete collection would be available within a year. Hope springs eternal, I suppose.

Edit:
And I seem to have missed the boat. Anyway, I wonder if they'll stick to the 12-14 episode season length. Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but if volume 10 comes out in a timely fashion, and depending on how it plays out, it might be possible to bring the show up to date with the novels in one shot.
Old 2010-04-25, 10:37   Link #448
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
One thing I always wondered actually. Kyon's keeping the "start mentioning John Smith to Haruhi" card up his sleeve, that's the one thing he can use to get Haruhi to believe everything he says, if he needs to. In the same way, do you guys think talking to her about the 'new universe' she created at the end of Melancholy would work? Haruhi just thought it was a "bad dream" but I'm sure if Kyon starts talking about the contents of the whole thing, it'll be enough to get her attention, even she won't just pass it off as "we both had the exact same dream."
Of course there's always the possibility that she knows it was real all along but she's just keeping that to herself.

禁則事項です
Old 2010-04-25, 12:07   Link #449
Othello~
*Author

Yeah, but if kyon ever mentions that he would also admit that he kissed her. I'm not sure kyon would want to do that. John Smith to him looks safer.
Old 2010-04-26, 03:14   Link #450
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello~ View Post
Yeah, but if kyon ever mentions that he would also admit that he kissed her. I'm not sure kyon would want to do that. John Smith to him looks safer.
Yeah, if it's "fate of the world" or "admitting to Haruhi that you kissed her", the world better have a backup plan... Kyon's not just a male tsundere, he's the tsundere Kwisatz Haderach.
Old 2010-04-26, 04:23   Link #451
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Quote:
Yeah, but if kyon ever mentions that he would also admit that he kissed her.
LOL that didn't cross my mind actually... how can I forget about that little detail.
I guess going down that route is a no no for him then. Although if he ever does have to play the John Smith card, he's gonna have to mention the "dream sequence" at some point... but knowing him, he'll probably try to think of a smart-ass way to dodge the topic.

禁則事項です
Old 2010-04-26, 11:15   Link #452
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Apparently just telling Haruhi that Kyon is "John Smith" is enough to get her all hot and bothered and do the whole stereotypical "I R Woman! Watch me faint!" thing. Anything more would just be icing on the cake.
Old 2010-06-01, 19:39   Link #453
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm happy now. The camrip was small and some detail was lost. But on a big screen...one smile. That one smile is all that is required.