AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-07, 15:31   Link #841
kujoe
from head to heel

Hah, I guess everyone's waiting for the "samurai girl" to make her debut, voice-wise and action-wise. Sawashiro Miyuki sounds like a good fit.

I'm looking forward to how she'll be portrayed in these areas, but from the looks of things, it's going to be good.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:37   Link #842
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
This is getting really tiresome ... do we really need to resort to banning people outright in order to cull down the constant stream of spoilers and hints about future developments ? I will remind one more time, Spoilers and hints about future events are not allowed in anime discussion threads.
To be fair, nobody has really been spoiling future events or even hinting at future developments but rather stating that some people might not like certain characters. Now if you're stating no spoilers, period, then that's fine.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 16:06   Link #843
Iluvatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I started to ignore the fan service like, half way through. I realized it'd be a continuous thing so I tried to pay no attention to it since it usually annoys me a lot. But it annoys me more if it's added in out of no where, but here it seems to be a staple, so yeah. I hope they tone it down a little though. This is the first episode so they have to grab peoples attention after all.
I also don't like the fanservice, but I think that it will increase (or at least stay at the same level) instead of going down, but we will see.... But yeah, let's hope that it'll go down.

Last edited by Iluvatar; 2010-07-07 at 16:22.
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 16:11   Link #844
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

"Use your aggressive feelings, fanboys. Let the hate flow through you."

Pssh, all the female characters are histrionic that I find them ludicrous. Of course, with the exception of one girl, whom I expect a worthwhile character development.

What is most hilarious, if not absurd, about Arc.1 is how Rei's boyfriend is revealed to be exceptionally genre-savvy... after he becomes a zombie infectee himself. Brilliant!

PS: Hope the fanservice in action scenes decrease... as well as some breast reduction (most unlikely).

Last edited by ImAKami; 2010-07-07 at 16:23.
ImAKami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 16:55   Link #845
Arturro

I don't think Rei Miyamoto is a bitch, but I don't buying she is in love with Takashi (same with manga). Rei truly loves Hisashi. She didn't date Hishashi because Takashi was indecisive, like some people here, or Wikipedia, states, but because she loved him. IMHO the fact that female protagonist doesn't return feelings of male protagonist in survival manga/anime makes plot even more interesting. My favorite characters are Saeko and Kohta, but I like Takashi because of how he is reacting to his love problems.
Because of anti-spoiler policy I could only prove it with parts from Episode 1.:
1. Around 4:07 minute of episode:
Takashi: "Why did you flunk? You're an A student"
Rei: "You wouldn't understand"
As we see, Rei has, to Takashi surprise, problems in school. We don't know why, but we know Rei refused to talk about it to Takashi. What is means? Rei doesn't trust Takashi enough to talk to him about her problems.
2. 4:20 - we see Rei and Hisashi on the street, Rei is obviously happy with Hisashi.
3. 5:30:
Rei: "Takashi... I did have feelings for you back then... But you didn't return them."
Famous proof that Rei is dating Hisashi because of Takashi indecisiveness. In my book confession is a very decisive action, he just was too late. As Rei herself said - she had feelings for him then, it means she doesn't have it now.
4. 21:40 (Rei and Takashi speaking after Hisashi second death)
Rei: "I didn't want you to save me. I didn't want to see Hisashi like this. If this is how I'm going to live on, I'd rather have him bite me!"
Rei is shocked and scared, she is talking words, she would never said otherwise. It doesn't means those words are untrue, a contrary - shocked people tends to say what they feel, not caring about social rules. When Hisashi died, she feel like her life ended too. She would rather die with Hisashi than live on (with Takashi). Those are her feelings.
5. 22:00:
Rei: "That's how it is. You never liked him, right? Because he's my boyfriend, right?!"
Again, scared and shocked, a words she would never said under other conditions. And again - she said what she thought at that moment. She believe Takashi killed Hishashi because of jealousy (I highly suggest to compare that scene with manga). It's just another proof how much Rei loves and cares about Hishashi.
Yes, she said she's sorry when he tried to leave, and started crying. IMHO she did it because she was scared to be left alone, not because she suddenly found a deep feelings for Takashi in her heart.

If any Rei fan and a manga reader wants to proof I'm wrong, please PM me a scene (chapter and page) where Rei has shown same level of caring about Takashi.

Is there any chance for a dedicated forum for HotD? Both anime and manga threads are rather popular, there is a lots of HotD related merchandise, people would love to have character dedicated threads.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 17:25   Link #846
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ow , interesting comment there , good one , i agree with you
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 17:34   Link #847
bite_the_bullet
Biting bullets hurts Xo

Quote:
I don't think Rei Miyamoto is a bitch
I think a lot of people think of her being a bitch as when you look it at a first glance going out with your crush's friend is bitch like. But then its when you look at it more that you get a sense that its not the reason entirely(but probably a part of her choice to go out with Hishashi just to rub salt into open wounds)

On a different note I noticed that the music playing in the fight on the roof seems to be the same in some other zombie related videos both in 30 minute shorts and films.
bite_the_bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 17:35   Link #848
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Hah, I guess everyone's waiting for the "samurai girl" to make her debut, voice-wise and action-wise. Sawashiro Miyuki sounds like a good fit.

I'm looking forward to how she'll be portrayed in these areas, but from the looks of things, it's going to be good.
I'm more looking forward to the guy with the glasses and the girl with the pink hair, both look to be excellent characters!

In episode 1 did we see the glasses guy crawl out of the classroom during the announcement? I can't remember when I saw him exactly but I know I did see him leave at some point.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 17:45   Link #849
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
I also don't like the fanservice, but I think that it will increase (or at least stay at the same level) instead of going down, but we will see.... But yeah, let's hope that it'll go down.
This fan service sat better with me because it flowed. When the girl was dragged down the steps, her skirt went up, which is what would really happen. It's not like a female character swung a bat and we saw her breasts sway and jiggle for five seconds. They just pay extra attention and exaggerate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
I don't think Rei Miyamoto is a bitch, but I don't buying she is in love with Takashi (same with manga). Rei truly loves Hisashi. She didn't date Hishashi because Takashi was indecisive, like some people here, or Wikipedia, states, but because she loved him. IMHO the fact that female protagonist doesn't return feelings of male protagonist in survival manga/anime makes plot even more interesting. My favorite characters are Saeko and Kohta, but I like Takashi because of how he is reacting to his love problems.
Because of anti-spoiler policy I could only prove it with parts from Episode 1.:
As we see, Rei has, to Takashi surprise, problems in school. We don't know why, but we know Rei refused to talk about it to Takashi. What is means? Rei doesn't trust Takashi enough to talk to him about her problems.
2. 4:20 - we see Rei and Hisashi on the street, Rei is obviously happy with Hisashi.
Rei: "Takashi... I did have feelings for you back then... But you didn't return them."
Famous proof that Rei is dating Hisashi because of Takashi indecisiveness. In my book confession is a very decisive action, he just was too late. As Rei herself said - she had feelings for him then, it means she doesn't have it now.
Rei: "I didn't want you to save me. I didn't want to see Hisashi like this. If this is how I'm going to live on, I'd rather have him bite me!"
Rei is shocked and scared, she is talking words, she would never said otherwise. It doesn't means those words are untrue, a contrary - shocked people tends to say what they feel, not caring about social rules. When Hisashi died, she feel like her life ended too. She would rather die with Hisashi than live on (with Takashi). Those are her feelings.
Rei: "That's how it is. You never liked him, right? Because he's my boyfriend, right?!"
Again, scared and shocked, a words she would never said under other conditions. And again - she said what she thought at that moment. She believe Takashi killed Hishashi because of jealousy (I highly suggest to compare that scene with manga). It's just another proof how much Rei loves and cares about Hishashi.
Yes, she said she's sorry when he tried to leave, and started crying. IMHO she did it because she was scared to be left alone, not because she suddenly found a deep feelings for Takashi in her heart.
Well put, well put. Especially with what happened at the end. She totally did it for her own sake and not his. I think it will take her a while to think more of Takashi, if she ever does, but so far none of that is unjustified on her part.

Quote:
Is there any chance for a dedicated forum for HotD? Both anime and manga threads are rather popular, there is a lots of HotD related merchandise, people would love to have character dedicated threads.
Agreed. It might also weed out the spoiler talk that people can't help stopping.
Old 2010-07-07, 17:45   Link #850
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Yes, she said she's sorry when he tried to leave, and started crying. IMHO she did it because she was scared to be left alone, not because she suddenly found a deep feelings for Takashi in her heart..
I agree with the above. She isn't going to turn around suddenly and start procuring feelings for a guy from the past right that instant and not while she is grieving..... No, the profound reason she said what needed to be said was because, while she doesn't see Takashi as a romantic interest, she still doesn't want to be the person responsible to push Takashi into a self righteous suicidal idiot. Her bond with Takashi goes beyond the romance. Yes, it's possible to form a bond between two opposite sex that doesn't have to have romance in it. Takashi was pretty much going to go and hack away the zombies because the girl of his affection still insist to be with her dead boyfriend rather than be with him. While Rei said all of those at the peak of her emotion, she still was sensible enough to come out of it and said what needed to be said to stop the self-destructing idiot.

It's Takashi who has been pathetic from the start to end of the episode as far as Rei was concerned. Takashi himself also knows how pathetic he is as he projects his thoughts while holding Rei in his embrace at the end.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 17:49   Link #851
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bite_the_bullet View Post

On a different note I noticed that the music playing in the fight on the roof seems to be the same in some other zombie related videos both in 30 minute shorts and films.
Yeah , as said many times before , this is a remix for 28 weeks later movies
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 17:51   Link #852
bite_the_bullet
Biting bullets hurts Xo

Quote:
Yeah , as said many times before , this is a remix for 28 weeks later movies
Whoops must have missed that post(s)
bite_the_bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 18:04   Link #853
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Sawashiro Miyuki can do a badarse voice, so i don't see anything to worry about.
Amen this is what i have been waiting for. It funny because "we will just call her Katana chick for now" has several sides to her and i want to see just how Sawashiro San handles the change in voice.
Old 2010-07-07, 18:07   Link #854
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I think it's useless to argue why did Rei choose Hisashi over Takashi, or whether or not she has had or still has feelings for him, because for people who read the manga, it's almost inevitable to form an argument without resorting to spoilers. I did however expect a lot of posts about the relationship between the three. It always happens when there is NTR, even if it's slight, involved (just take a look at the Kimi no Iru Machi and GE - Good Ending threads, they went flying with posts during those chapters).
Old 2010-07-07, 18:10   Link #855
magnum
Lurking Around

One question.
Is there really a Director's Cut coming tomorrow?
Old 2010-07-07, 18:16   Link #856
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
, she still was sensible enough to come out of it and said what needed to be said to stop the self-destructing idiot.
Now, now you make it sound as if Takashi was losing his cool which is far from it. Anyone would had been taken aback by the comments that fickle girl said even though she didn't meant it.

How was he acting pathetic exactly? mopping around because of his lost love?
sure you could say he was pathetic, but l wonder how many wouldn't have been like that.

Rei was nowhere near takashi to see him in his "pathetic" state that was Saya. l fail to see how he was pathetic once shit broke lose, next to rei's now zombified b/f Takashi was the only one else keeping his cool.
Old 2010-07-07, 18:28   Link #857
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Now, now you make it sound as if Takashi was losing his cool which is far from it. Anyone would had been taken aback by the comments that fickle girl said even though she didn't meant it.

sure you could say he was pathetic, but l wonder how many wouldn't have been like that.

Rei was nowhere near takashi to see him in his "pathetic" state that was Saya. l fail to see how he was pathetic once shit broke lose, next to rei's now zombified b/f Takashi was the only one else keeping his cool.
Yeah that scene after her going to bitch mode made me glad that Takashi wasn't willing to put up with her shit while most male leads would have just stand there and take it like a wuss without saying anything back, gotta give Takashi props for that, it even made her go to "wah wah I'm sorry, I'm sorry! It was wrong of me, please don't leave me! wah wah" from her. Loved it.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 18:47   Link #858
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post

What? How dare you try to come up with sensible reasoning against my attempt at diverting some of the "hate" for Rei toward Takashi? That said, Takashi was indeed gar as far as the crisis management was concerned. He reacted quickly and sensibly from what he saw instead of trying to look for plausible deniability like most people were doing (including Rei). Once Rei came into the picture with her boyfriend, his sensibility waned. He is pathetic because he needs to be pitied. Let's be honest..., the reason we can't muster any sympathy for Rei at the moment because of Takashi's state of mind in regards to her feelings for her and how it isn't reciprocated. We can only look at him with pity as soon as Rei comes into the picture. Come on, you had to think of him as, "poor guy" more than once in the episode, right?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 18:55   Link #859
Slick_rick

Quote:

If any Rei fan and a manga reader wants to proof I'm wrong, please PM me a scene (chapter and page) where Rei has shown same level of caring about Takashi.

I don't believe proving she liked Hishashi disproves she also has feelings for Takashi. I think its quite clear she did have feelings for Hishashi. I mean from what we see he was a pretty upstanding guy. I can certainly see what she would see in a guy like that. It seems that Rei and Takashi had problems communicating. She told him at one point that she'd didn't understand what he thinks. They seemed to have both hesistated to get into a relationship and was waiting on the other. Maybe Hishashi made it clear that he liked her and wanted to go out and she seeing no signs from Takashi decided to pursue a relationship with him. I don't think she's wrong for doing that personally. A pinky swear is certainly not a life long contract especially if the guy doesn't take it upon himself to solidify it. I think if she didn't like Hishashi I'd find her a bad person since she'd only have been using him. All in all though that doesn't mean she doesn't love Takashi also. If he pursued her I don't doubt he'd have won her over but he'd didn't. He only sulked around and kept it to himself. I think there was equal blame to go around for why they didn't get together.

I also wouldn't take her actions in the end in such a cynical manner. She probably didn't want to be left alone but also I think she at the same time she didn't want Takashi to die in the same way that Hishashi died either. That was already traumatizing enough without seeing another person you love die.

I honestly like Rei. She's probably my favorite so far. I think she has a fairly understandable reactions so far to the situations she's been thrown in. Not idealized ones but much more closer to realism when a teenage girl is thrown in to such chaos. She has depth, well as much as you'll find in this kind of show anyway. A lot of hate will probably get thrown her way because she was the one who took action to move on when he decided take no action. It was bound to happen since neither seemed willing to conform their relationship. People are very likely to take option number 2 in that situation which she seemed to have done.
Old 2010-07-07, 19:02   Link #860
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I agree with the above. She isn't going to turn around suddenly and start procuring feelings for a guy from the past right that instant and not while she is grieving..... No, the profound reason she said what needed to be said was because, while she doesn't see Takashi as a romantic interest, she still doesn't want to be the person responsible to push Takashi into a self righteous suicidal idiot. Her bond with Takashi goes beyond the romance. Yes, it's possible to form a bond between two opposite sex that doesn't have to have romance in it. Takashi was pretty much going to go and hack away the zombies because the girl of his affection still insist to be with her dead boyfriend rather than be with him. While Rei said all of those at the peak of her emotion, she still was sensible enough to come out of it and said what needed to be said to stop the self-destructing idiot.

It's Takashi who has been pathetic from the start to end of the episode as far as Rei was concerned. Takashi himself also knows how pathetic he is as he projects his thoughts while holding Rei in his embrace at the end.
Takashi doesn't want to be Rei friend - he loves her. Rei doesn't consider Takashi as her friend, but as her "childhood friend" - this is a difference. When you have a serious problems you goes to someone you trust - a friend, a lover or a family member. With her problems she went to Hisashi, not to Takashi. Takashi is someone close and dear to her, but not on the lover of friend level.

I hope comparing first episode of anime with first chapter of manga is not considered as spoilers, because differences between manga and anime are minimal. Just in case I put rest of this post in spoiler tags.
Spoiler:

There is a cliche in shounen manga/anime about first girl winning and about "female childhood friend" being in love with male protagonist. Rei is both - first girl shown and his "childhood friend". Because of this cliches Rei "must" be in "true love" with Takashi and her relation with Hisashi are considered as "betrayal" of "true love", a proof of her being a "slut". So I'm not surprised there is so many "Rei haters". I'm sorry to disappoint "Rei haters", there is another cliche used, called "unlucky childhood friend" Takashi is the unlucky one.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse