AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 21:11   Link #13481
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
This is like the third time I've gotten that mixed up. Jessica doesn't use Boku though. She uses "Ore" and sometimes a messed up "Watashi". Even though I'm bad at remembering I'm certain of that. So she can only be the first caller then. But that means Genji is mistaken about it being from an outside line if it's either Kanon or Jessica that's the first caller.
Jessica uses "ore"? I only remember her using "watashi"

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 21:15   Link #13482
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
*snip*
I'm relatively certain Jessica doesn't use 'ore'. No woman, ever, uses 'ore'.

And it can't be Rudolf. The caller is identified as sounding young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
Actually, there's something strange here too. Is Hideyoshi actually dead? I know Eva is acting all hysterical, but is it actually possible for Hideyoshi to have died?
Eva only explodes into hysterics for real after Hideyoshi is found. The family only seems to be blaming Natsuhi for anything (instead of just bullying her about Kinzo) after Hideyoshi is found. His death is never actually confirmed, but... perhaps he was supposed to fake his death, but was killed instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Jessica uses "ore"? I only remember her using "watashi"
She uses the corrupted 'watashi' when forced to sound polite and 'boku' at all other times, I believe.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 21:23   Link #13483
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Both. In some phrases she uses a corrupted "watashi", in others, she uses "boku".
I just found the quote I was thinking of.

Nobody should listen to me about this Japanese "I" stuff I never get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And it can't be Rudolf. The caller is identified as sounding young.
Still why can't George whose 23 "sound young"? And why can't Rudolf just fake sounding young for the first call? That's just a trivial description isn't it? It doesn't rule all of them out by itself.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 21:40   Link #13484
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Think what you want but I'm totally betting that

Shannon, Kanon, Beatrice, man from 19 years before

are all the same person.

Old 2010-07-08, 21:55   Link #13485
Digdri
Uu~ Let's solve a riddle

back @ Raiza Sunozaki

Spoiler for size:
Digdri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 22:12   Link #13486
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Still why can't George whose 23 "sound young"? And why can't Rudolf just fake sounding young for the first call? That's just a trivial description isn't it? It doesn't rule all of them out by itself.
Natsuhi says that the caller sounds either like a woman or a young man. It's sort of difficult to imitate something like that as a grown man without falling into a falsetto (especially if you're Jack Bauer) but I'll admit that George might be able to do it.

The question is why he would bother trying to sound fifteen when he's pretending to be nineteen. Most 19-year-olds sound something like, oh, Battler.

This is why I believe it has to be either Kanon or Jessica.

Quote:
Think what you want but I'm totally betting that

Shannon, Kanon, Beatrice, man from 19 years before

are all the same person.
...Okay, but why bring this up now?
Old 2010-07-08, 22:14   Link #13487
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Because you are discussing about who is the man from 19 years before that make the phone calls?

Old 2010-07-08, 22:25   Link #13488
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Because you are discussing about who is the man from 19 years before that make the phone calls?
Right.

Well, yes, it's definitely either Kanon or Jessica. I'd prefer it to be Jessica, since if she actually IS Asumu's daughter that gives her a perfect motive for wanting to harass Natsuhi.
Old 2010-07-08, 22:28   Link #13489
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Right.

Well, yes, it's definitely either Kanon or Jessica. I'd prefer it to be Jessica, since if she actually IS Asumu's daughter that gives her a perfect motive for wanting to harass Natsuhi.
Except when the second call comes in, telling Natsuhi to go to the closet, Jessica has been confirmed dead by Virgilia. And if Erika is investigating the cousin's room while Natsuhi is getting the first call (I can't remember this for sure) then it can't be Jessica either, since she's in the bed playing dead.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 22:35   Link #13490
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Nice point.... I can confirm that the scene where Natsuhi receives the phone call happens after Virgilia confirms everyone's death.
So unless "dead" doesn't mean "dead" then it can't be Jessica.

Old 2010-07-08, 22:40   Link #13491
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Except when the second call comes in, telling Natsuhi to go to the closet, Jessica has been confirmed dead by Virgilia. And if Erika is investigating the cousin's room while Natsuhi is getting the first call (I can't remember this for sure) then it can't be Jessica either, since she's in the bed playing dead.
You mean this red?

So, anyone looking at George, Jessica, Maria, Rosa, or Genji's corpses could confirm at a glance that they are dead

It says nothing about when they died or if anyone even saw them. We don't know if they are dead at this point in time.

EDIT: But this does make for an interesting sword against the Jessica culprit theory. If anyone looking at Jessica's corpse could confirm at a glance she is dead than it's also impossible for her to just be a person playing dead in the second game.

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-07-08 at 22:53.
Old 2010-07-08, 22:41   Link #13492
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Isn't Virgilia's statement made in a place explicitly stated to be outside space and time?
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 22:56   Link #13493
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Conflicting informations. Even if it was stated the place itself was beyond time and space. The Beatrice found there says that the first twilight had just happened.

Old 2010-07-08, 22:58   Link #13494
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Isn't Virgilia's statement made in a place explicitly stated to be outside space and time?
Except this red is directed at Battler most likely. Besides, you can say the same about any red stated in the game.
Old 2010-07-08, 23:14   Link #13495
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
No woman, ever, uses 'ore'.
Except for Ryougi Shiki
Old 2010-07-08, 23:19   Link #13496
ameskitty
Kupo

Yeah, my first hunch for the caller was Kanon, and since first hunches have an odd tendency to be right, I still have a feeling that he's the one doing it. (and if he's always speaking his usual bored monotone around her, then just a bit of "evil" inflection would be enough to put Natsuhi off-guard - on the other hand, it'd be difficult for a mother not to recognize her own daughter's voice)

Why he's doing it or how he knows about all of that is a bit harder to answer. Maybe it slipped during one of his random prank sessions with Kinzo.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 23:22   Link #13497
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Except this red is directed at Battler most likely. Besides, you can say the same about any red stated in the game.
I don't think Battler was present to hear it. And this is Natsuhi's imaginary Beato Virgilia is talking to. We don't even know what plane she exists on.
Old 2010-07-08, 23:24   Link #13498
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
I don't think Battler was present to hear it. And this is Natsuhi's imaginary Beato Virgilia is talking to. We don't even know what plane she exists on.
Battler wasn't present to hear it, but if you re-read the scene you can see that Beatrice is confused as to why Virgilia even stated that red. It's implied that Virgilia said to so that Battler would be able to see the red truth, since he's observing the game. If Virgilia isn't directing this red to Battler then there is absolutely no reason for her to even state it.
Old 2010-07-09, 00:01   Link #13499
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
It's implied that Virgilia said to so that Battler would be able to see the red truth, since he's observing the game.
Alternately, she's saying it for the sake of the player, who may or may not be Battler.

The identity of the person hugging his knees in the first two Hidden Tea Parties is still unknown, remember.
Old 2010-07-09, 00:12   Link #13500
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Alternately, she's saying it for the sake of the player, who may or may not be Battler.

The identity of the person hugging his knees in the first two Hidden Tea Parties is still unknown, remember.
the person hugging their knees is the new person in red

But seriously, I do think it was for Battler. That's just me. There is no point in her stating it unless it was directed for someone, so the whole 'timeless space' argument shouldn't really matter. Unless Virgilia is dumb enough to not realize that, but I highly doubt that as well.