AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-05, 18:10   Link #1101
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnedgirl03 View Post
that's just how i took it when the good dr said that heero dear just keeps in all of his emotions when he's on missions but when he's not he's compassionate, you know more human. but wtf with all the "..." that i saw as his lines in the translations and the way he acted when he was a young boy, it wasn't any different than how he really is. or maybe that's just me. grr. nevah mind.
Hm, now that you point it out... One of the most obstinate fanfic clichés has always been that Heero is as sensitive as a piece of rock. People believing that usually tend to forget about the scene in which Heero was playing with those dogs or how he bade farewell to Relena.
Other clichés include Duo having bratty kids, Wu Fei being a stuck-up, antisocial misogynist and- ahem. You get the idea.

It would make sense that Heero would be more relaxed as kid and go sulky after his parents died. Trauma and stuff, you know?
But I think you got Heero mixed up with Trowa in this case. I don't know where I read it and I don't know if there's even solid evidence for it (untraceable interviews ftw) but a lot of people have mentioned that Trowa was supposedly more energetic as kid but became withdrawn later. It was tied into the grand rape victim debate, to prove one way or another. Never got a satisfying end
In case you aren't though, I beg your pardon.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 18:29   Link #1102
wingzerosnuggles

Agreed with you on Heero's emotional range. Feelings. He has them.

Looking at Duo Jr., isn't the cliché about the bratty nature of any potential fruit from his loins confirmed?

Meh...not enough people read EZ. Wufei is so misunderstood. -_-

Also, kinda random, but this makes me lol:

Wufei is all "I don't care about your yammering. I'm playing with this bendy thing. Heero's an idiot."

Last edited by wingzerosnuggles; 2010-12-05 at 18:45.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 18:47   Link #1103
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Hm, now that you point it out... One of the most obstinate fanfic clichés has always been that Heero is as sensitive as a piece of rock. People believing that usually tend to forget about the scene in which Heero was playing with those dogs or how he bade farewell to Relena.
Other clichés include Duo having bratty kids, Wu Fei being a stuck-up, antisocial misogynist and- ahem. You get the idea.
Agreed. Especially his last appearance in the series. He gave Relena a teddy bear. He remembered her birthday! That was random for him I reckon - him remembering her birthday. But yeah... anyway.

Quote:
It would make sense that Heero would be more relaxed as kid and go sulky after his parents died. Trauma and stuff, you know?
But I think you got Heero mixed up with Trowa in this case. I don't know where I read it and I don't know if there's even solid evidence for it (untraceable interviews ftw) but a lot of people have mentioned that Trowa was supposedly more energetic as kid but became withdrawn later. It was tied into the grand rape victim debate, to prove one way or another. Never got a satisfying end
I didn't exactly expect Heero to be Mr. Sunshine when he was a kid. But like gundamnedgirl03 I also thought Heero as a little boy wasn't as "gloomy" as he is now.
Old 2010-12-05, 18:49   Link #1104
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
This is one of the things that bugs me the most, too. He's not unemotional; he's just got hella self control.
Quote:
Other clichés include Duo having bratty kids,..
Like wzs said... canon now XD
Quote:
lol... wat. Trowa a rape victim? Now THAT'S some silly hurt-comfort yaoi fangirl BS if I ever heard some.

The main difference between Heero and Trowa (as I've had a huge discussion with someone before) is that while Heero doesn't need any kind of name to value his sense of self- only his personal experiences that have shaped who he is- Trowa is the opposite; he bases his self upon the value of having a name, rather than his experiences, which is what leads to his ID crises.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 19:20   Link #1105
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Agreed with you on Heero's emotional range. Feelings. He has them.

Looking at Duo Jr., isn't the cliché about the bratty nature of any potential fruit from his loins confirmed?

Meh...not enough people don't read EZ. Wufei is so misunderstood. -_-

Also, kinda random, but this makes me lol:
Spoiler for to save space:

Wufei is so "I don't care about your yammering. I'm playing with this bendy thing. Heero's an idiot."
How can anything be confirmed by a novel that is 'just testing the waters'? But fine. It may be confirmed but it still rubs me the wrong way.

It's too fanfic-y for my taste. Like the perma sugar rush thing. Really, I must be blind because I didn't see anything in the series to point in that direction. Duo being a brat? (or having bratty kids) Sure, his street urchin phase in Ep Zero is one thing. But that's justified. In the series he was always fairly polite, if a little casual. Remember him saving Relena from Heero? Or him 'enlisting' in OZ in space?(when he met Hilde the first time). Notice the tone. He's pretty gallant toward women and has no problem playing along with authorities. Now let's look at Duo Jr. ...umm, yes. I wonder whom he's taking after. Can't be his dad.

If anyone's gonna have a brat for a kid it should be Heero. Kid got no manners at all. Duo offered to help him with repairing his Gundam and he not only turned him down but also stole Deathscythe's parts. The first person he actually thanks is Trowa (in Sicily I believe?). Because he's been taking care of his hide for a whole month. Yeah, he can be nice. And how nicely he treated Zechs for returning his Gundam to him. Or how he wanted to thank him for that matter. Or even better, Relena interrupting his duel with Zechs.
Heero: "You're in the way! Get lost!" Zechs: "Princess! Please leave at once!"
Now, that's a difference if there ever was one. Need I say more? That boy's manners are a catastrophe, something even Duo himself complained about lol.

Anyway. That scene is indeed funny. Wu Fei of all people complaining about a guy blindly rushing off after a girl. He has no room to talk xD The second part of that scene is even funnier, when Trowa tells him to at least welcome Relena because it's easy to hurt a girl's feelings. He looked like he was about to eat his bendy thing. And then Duo drops the bomb; 'he can mess up, too you know.' Cue dramatic pause. I swear, I expected bendy to fly out of Wu Fei's hands and into Deli Grill any moment there xD

EDIT: What, you never heard of the rape victim theories, Kitsoru? When it was revealed in Ep 0 that Trowa was raised in a mercenary unit, people started shouting 'rape victim!' all over the place, since they had supposedly found the cause to his withdrawn nature. I wouldn't call it fangirl BS, the arguments are pretty good. There were some really heated debates going on back in the day. I myself don't think the mercs ever laid hand on little No-Name but the way Trowa draped himself over him was weird... Kind of bordering molesting.

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2010-12-05 at 19:48.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 19:38   Link #1106
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=178135

Glory of the Defeated Chapter.01 and Chapter.02.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 19:43   Link #1107
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
How can anything be confirmed by a novel that is 'just testing the waters'? But fine. It may be confirmed but it still rubs me the wrong way.

It's too fanfic-y for my taste. Like the perma sugar rush thing. Really, I must be blind because I didn't see anything in the series to point in that direction. Duo being a brat? (or having bratty kids) Sure, his street urchin phase in Ep Zero is one thing. But that's justified. In the series he was always fairly polite, if a little casual. Remember him saving Relena from Heero? Or him 'enlisting' in OZ in space?(when he met Hilde the first time). Notice the tone. He's pretty gallant toward women and has no problem playing along with authorities. Now let's look at Duo Jr. ...umm, yes. I wonder whom he's taking after. Can't be his dad.
BLOODY HELL! AGREED!!!
Duo is a goose but he sure ain't rude and effing hotheaded. His son is his fanfic-y version it pisses me off.

Quote:
If anyone's gonna have a brat for a kid it should be Heero. Kid got no manners at all. Duo offered to help him with repairing his Gundam and he not only turned him down but also stole Deathscythe's parts. The first person he thanks is Trowa (in Sicily I believe?). And let's not forget how nicely he treated Zechs for returning his Gundam to him. Or how he wanted to thank him for that matter. Or even better, Relena interrupting his duel with Zechs.
Heero: "You're in the way! Get lost!" Zechs: "Princess! Please leave at once!"
Need I say more? That boy's manners are a catastrophe, something even Duo himself complained about lol.
Well this was the Heero in the first half of the series. IF he didn't change [which he did in the second half], I would say yes, if anything it's his son who should be like Duo Jr. Heck, he probably wouldn't even have a son at all.

Also, that photo of Duo Jr and Heero together, I kept staring at Duo Jr but for some reason his novel description doesn't fit. He doesn't have the same eyes as Heero. Like, at all unlike how Kathy describes them.

Quote:
Anyway. That scene is indeed funny. Wu Fei of all people complaining about a guy blindly rushing off after a girl. He has no room to talk xD The second part of that scene is even funnier, when Trowa tells him to at least welcome Relena because it's easy to hurt a girl's feelings. He looked like he was about to eat his bendy thing. And then Duo drops the bomb; 'he can mess up, too you know.' Cue dramatic pause. I swear, I expected bendy to fly out of Wu Fei's hands and into Deli Grill any moment there xD
I don't understand Wu Fei at times, actually. He goes, "I don't fight women and bleeding hearts". Bloody hell. I read a character description of him [can't remember where] that said he values women and such but when I was watching the series, I honestly reckon he was a little sexist. But yeah. That's just me.
Old 2010-12-05, 19:44   Link #1108
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Thanks Deacon.
Old 2010-12-05, 21:36   Link #1109
gundamnedgirl03

Quote:
That boy's manners are a catastrophe, something even Duo himself complained about lol.
agreed on all accounts. but note, heero's manners WERE a catastrophe. HE CHANGED.

he was rude, cocky, competitive, ungrateful, everything i hate in a guy. he started off like natsume of gakuen alice. but he changed. then i fell for him <333 hahahaha

even relena. she started off as an annoying brat. she was scheming, rebellious and pretentious. she acts nice and polite but deep down she questioned people's sincerety. i saw her as a cynic and an introvert. but in the 2nd half she changed drastically. she matured by a considerable amount. she was like blair waldorf then turned padme amidala. haha prolly bad examples but couldn't think of anything else

ya know, i think those two were well-written characters. they were very realistic. seriously. ppl GROW UP. they're not consistent. hate anime characters who have no room for character development really. they're cheap. everyone just buys them. ugghhh....
gundamnedgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 23:49   Link #1110
wingzerosnuggles

@IkuzeMinna I wouldn't be surprised if the theory that Duo Jr. is Heero and Relena's love child proves true should the boy's attitude be any indication. He could have been conceived in the time those two ran amok between freezings. There was also that bit about Duo Jr. going "Hn..." in an earlier chapter, I think? Duo's wife may have been who Duo Jr. recognized as his mother hence Duo's statement about having trouble with him after the mother died. Another case of the foster mom stunt they pulled with Relena and Mrs. Darlian. And since both Heero and Relena have memory problems, they won't remember the kid if this is the case. Man, I want the next chapter of this trainwreck already... xD
Old 2010-12-06, 00:08   Link #1111
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
@IkuzeMinna I wouldn't be surprised if the theory that Duo Jr. is Heero and Relena's love child proves true should the boy's attitude be any indication. He could have been conceived in the time those two ran amok between freezings. There was also that bit about Duo Jr. going "Hn..." in an earlier chapter, I think? Duo's wife may have been who Duo Jr. recognized as his mother hence Duo's statement about having trouble with him after the mother died. Another case of the foster mom stunt they pulled with Relena and Mrs. Darlian. And since both Heero and Relena have memory problems, they won't remember the kid if this is the case. Man, I want the next chapter of this trainwreck already... xD
Lol I wouldn't be surprised now if Duo Jr is a 1xR kid considering Sumisawa is making everyone related. After all, Duo Jr was described to have the same cold eyes as Heero. But it's also kinda stupid imo coz the photos of him, come on, no Heero eyes there. He's just a total Duo clone. MINUS DADDY'S COOLNESS.
Old 2010-12-06, 00:13   Link #1112
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Anyway. That scene is indeed funny. Wu Fei of all people complaining about a guy blindly rushing off after a girl. He has no room to talk xD
Wufei didn't complain. Considering he hadn't had much interaction with Relena, he didn't understand why Heero went to save her. And he himself said that he thought Heero was the "sanest" among them which shows he's well aware of his faults.
Old 2010-12-06, 00:13   Link #1113
Kitsoru
:3c

You guys can go on and hate him, but I am LOVING brat!Duo :P

To each their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post

Thanks!

Is there any chance of an online-posted or direct download version (of chapter 2 at least)? I can't do torrents ^^;
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 00:15   Link #1114
Ammy-Pie

Hey,
I've been following this thread for a while now, I've just now now gotten off my lazy rump to make an account. I've also been downloading the chapters of Glory of the Defeated along with everything else but I haven't been able to open them on my computer. What is everyone else viewing them with? Baaaa. I am just so fed up with not being able to read them ><

Also, the idea the Duo Jr. is actually a Heero/Relena spawn wouldn't bother me, really. But how old where they when they were frozen? I mean, how old would they had to have been when he was born?

Thanks for the help!
Ammy-Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 00:20   Link #1115
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post

Thanks a lot Deacon.

Are there any direct downloads available?
Old 2010-12-06, 00:23   Link #1116
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

It's at times like this I feel the true suckyness of not being able to torrent.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 00:24   Link #1117
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammy-Pie View Post
Hey,
I've been following this thread for a while now, I've just now now gotten off my lazy rump to make an account. I've also been downloading the chapters of Glory of the Defeated along with everything else but I haven't been able to open them on my computer. What is everyone else viewing them with? Baaaa. I am just so fed up with not being able to read them ><

Also, the idea the Duo Jr. is actually a Heero/Relena spawn wouldn't bother me, really. But how old where they when they were frozen? I mean, how old would they had to have been when he was born?

Thanks for the help!
Duo Jr. is not Heero and Relena's son. That is all.
Old 2010-12-06, 00:38   Link #1118
wingzerosnuggles

We didn't say he was. Just that it was a possibility with what is implied. Granted, a really unlikely possibility but that's what speculation is for.

EDIT: @Ammy-Pie I think Heero and Relena were frozen thirty years prior to current events but there's talk of a time where they were briefly defrosted and ran amok thus prompting them to be refrozen.
Old 2010-12-06, 00:46   Link #1119
Ammy-Pie

I honestly don't believe that he is theirs. Like wingzerosnuggles said, it's just speculation. I didn't mean to offend or anything!

EDIT: @wingzerosnuggles - ...what chapter is that from? Haha, I totally missed that bit I guess.
Ammy-Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 00:54   Link #1120
wingzerosnuggles

The latest chapter, chapter 4, mentions Relena running amok when they defrosted her the first time around. In an earlier chapter, not sure which, it is mentioned that Princess Aurora (Heero) had his own little rampage when they defrosted him wrong awhile back which is why they're doing the memory download thing.

As for EW: GotD, you just have to unzip the RAR file to view. Download WinRar. It's a program for RAR files.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing