AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-30, 00:13   Link #1801
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm using my will power to stop myself from reading the novel and it's working because had I did, I'll be like Tsunade and the others yanking my hair out at the apparent changed of scenes. Without it I'm happy as a... Happy thingy.
What I'm not that frustrated. Plus I'm currently at province. The smell of the air here is fresh. So it's not to swing some bat. I'm aiming to hit a HOMURAn on J.C.Staff XD

Quote:
Of which I should probably point that the they should be mentally prepared for more changes; this is the guy who did Shana after all.
What!? so this guy is the same that changes things in Shana! no wonder. Another thing that makes it hard to make Shana S3 is because it did a 180 degree curve ball in the story.

...... I will just listen to the cicada and wait for more episode to come.

oops I better maintenance my bolo if I start needing it. It needs to be sharp.
Old 2011-04-30, 00:13   Link #1802
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
A happy thingy? I guess I know what you mean, it's something I thought was best during Dai Maou's run.
Vocabulary is not my strongest point... Nor is grammar... Or anything language based really

Quote:
But what the heck! As a man, it is encoded in my genes to hug a cute girl. All it takes is some serious mental powers to ensure it borders on friendliness and not sexual harrassment
Your DNA must cry itself to sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Said the man with the bouncing boobie Riko avatar. XD
Obviously he's an astro-physics student!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 00:15   Link #1803
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I meant... I would give... advice too like... you know, advise her, that's what I would do...

But what the heck! As a man, it is encoded in my genes to hug a cute girl. All it takes is some serious mental powers to ensure it borders on friendliness and not sexual harrassment
I thought that as a tron, your APS (Automated Pervert System) overrides anything else.

Quote:
Said the man with the bouncing boobie Riko avatar. XD
Well she is just wearing a normal bra, not a sport bra you know. Besides, it's the issue of gravity! What do you expect me to do to my darling baby?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 00:30   Link #1804
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Vocabulary is not my strongest point... Nor is grammar... Or anything language based really
Not really pointing out that part, because I too can't find a better wording than "happy thingy"

Quote:
Your DNA must cry itself to sleep
You should see what my dreams are like

Quote:
Obviously he's an astro-physics student!
I was under the impression astrophysicists don't know a thing about females

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I thought that as a tron, your APS (Automated Pervert System) overrides anything else.

Quote:
What do you expect me to do to my darling baby?
Use your two hands! That's what they're for!

*runs*

mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 00:39   Link #1805
winkel

I think I figured it out: Aria is like a slower-paced SnS. I noticed they cut and rearranged some scenes already to speed developments, but I still can't help but feel that the pacing is lagging, and I feel that it's a detractor to the overall enjoyment of the show.

That or I'm too used to things going wam bam.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 00:46   Link #1806
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:

Uhm, so... how about Riko's uniform, eh? As a loli version uniform, Aria should be wearing that
Oh, seconded. She's a loli afterall....

Quote:
What do you expect me to do to my darling baby?
Just teasing. I have no problem with the avie, really, in fact it's kinda funny like that cheerleading Mikuru one someone had ages ago.
Old 2011-04-30, 00:57   Link #1807
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Y'know, I was originally just checking this show out just to see what Funimation was subbing on Youtube there.... but I was pleasantly surprised by it~

Can't wait for episode 3~
Old 2011-04-30, 01:10   Link #1808
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I'm using my will power to stop myself from reading the novel and it's working because had I did, I'll be like Tsunade and the others yanking my hair out at the apparent changed of scenes. Without it I'm happy as a... Happy thingy.

Of which I should probably point that the they should be mentally prepared for more changes; this is the guy who did Shana after all.
I'll agree that it is a lot of the time easier to watch something when you don't have the source material to compare it to. I'm not fighting that hard to go check out the novel though. Usually avoid the source material of an anime I'm watching out of habit anyways so this is just following in that case. Hearing what was changed made me think, but when watching I was enjoying it.
Old 2011-04-30, 01:25   Link #1809
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Y'know, I was originally just checking this show out just to see what Funimation was subbing on Youtube there.... but I was pleasantly surprised by it~
*gasp* An English dub fan that's actually watching seasonal anime!? Preposterous!

As for the source-material to adaptation discussion. This series' changes aren't really that bad. It's managing to stay true to the LN in it's own way.

I've seen much more severe series-destroying adaptations. *cough4kidsOnePiececough*
Old 2011-04-30, 01:30   Link #1810
ZeKeR
Superbad

also... 4 mangatron...

SIEG HEIL TWINTAILS! forget you ever read that... its freakin momentary weakness!

if Reki was to use a CheyTac Intervention, Im pretty sure the shot would reach 3km with her (hell even the SVD could become a long range butthurt rifle) but if its her, she would only use semi auto rifles and those that are lightweight.
Old 2011-04-30, 01:40   Link #1811
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I'd like to remind everyone that posting novel spoilers is not allowed in anime discussion threads.

Thanks.
Old 2011-04-30, 02:59   Link #1812
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I was under the impression astrophysicists don't know a thing about females
Love is a matter of chemistry. Sex is a matter of Physics.

Quote:
Oh, seconded. She's a loli afterall....
I would rather that her dress is made of cherry flavoured candy floss so I can lick - *dodges a molotov*

Quote:
Just teasing. I have no problem with the avie, really, in fact it's kinda funny like that cheerleading Mikuru one someone had ages ago.
Well, that goes to show I am not a pervert right?

Tron is the pervert, not me.

Quote:
Use your two hands! That's what they're for!

*runs*

How? If I grab them they will go out of shap.....er.....I mean her clothes will be crumpled!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 04:42   Link #1813
mangatron

Quote:
Whatever you say professa. Next ya going to tell me that Big Boobies are a matter of Nutrients

Quote:
Well, that goes to show I am not a pervert right?

Tron is the pervert, not me.
There! No sig! Who is the pervert now? Mwuhahahahahahaa...uh...

Quote:
How? If I grab them they will go out of shap.....er.....I mean her clothes will be crumpled!
Heh, don't you know that manga always told us if we massage them, they will get bigger? Wait, what were we talking about again?

Er.... yeah, uh. I don't think we've seen it, but isn't Aria tiny? So how did she manage to drive an SUV class vehicle? Booster seat? Custom extended pedals? No wonder why the helicopter incursion made sense
Old 2011-04-30, 04:44   Link #1814
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Quote:
Whatever you say professa. Next ya going to tell me that Big Boobies are a matter of Nutrients
No, it's a matter of Biology.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 05:23   Link #1815
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
AHO BAKA HENTAI.
Oh come on now, what's to get mad about?

Aria-chan has nothing to massage in the first place!!

And what I find refreshing about Riko-chan's portrayal is the fact that she is the rare anime girl who is open and comfortable with her sexuality that is not portrayed as a slut.

Sure, there are girls who know that they are sexy and are not afraid to show it (like Asa-sempai of Shuffle and Kuroko-chan of Railgun), but the fact their confidence is portrayed for shock value or used as an emotional weapon is still unfortunate and off-putting.

Riko-chan, on the the other hand, is the kind of girl who manages to make her sexuality endearing and adorable because she treats it as something completely natural, not something to be ashamed of or as a weapon to coerce or shock people with.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2011-04-30 at 05:34.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 05:24   Link #1816
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Er.... yeah, uh. I don't think we've seen it, but isn't Aria tiny? So how did she manage to drive an SUV class vehicle? Booster seat? Custom extended pedals? No wonder why the helicopter incursion made sense
ah yeah, that scene... it left me a little perplexed too. not as much as the "magic" skirts, obviously.
Old 2011-04-30, 05:36   Link #1817
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
ah yeah, that scene... it left me a little perplexed too. not as much as the "magic" skirts, obviously.
Well, let's hope the "unnatural wind problem" when the girls get acrobatic can be rectified for the DVD release.
Old 2011-04-30, 06:13   Link #1818
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
No, it's a matter of Biology.
Haha lol, I've never been a straight-forward person and I'm not going to start now

And shouldn't love be a matter of psychology? I know love potions don't exist *runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Magic skirts, eh... I guess every series have to have their controversy, but I think magic skirts tops my list of most strange ones
Old 2011-04-30, 10:20   Link #1819
tsunade666

fig are too much for my wallet. I can't afford it -_- \

though a maid aria as a fig isn't bad. reminds me when I go berserk mode to to a koromo fig.
Old 2011-04-30, 10:30   Link #1820
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

I want a ****** d**** dakimakura.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere