AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

Old 2012-10-24, 08:47   Link #701
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
They did say on their last poll that they're currently booked and won't take suggestions until next year, that's it.
Yeah, that's how I should have phrased what I said. (And that's what I came back to correct.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 09:17   Link #702
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Congrats to SSY for the sticky
I hope psycho pass and robotics notes will get this as well !
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 09:20   Link #703
garbage

wow suprprised newest sub fors

well it is deserved

Congrats to SSY

and its bee along time since i've seen a series get more VIEWING than SAO just now SSY 37 , SAO 33
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:13   Link #704
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sub form all ready I barely seen any pics
Old 2012-10-25, 00:17   Link #705
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Considering their age and the implied sex, would an American publisher really pick this up?
It's not like this anime is going to be seen on American television...
Old 2012-10-25, 00:54   Link #706
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Now, I demand everyone begin clapping for the new subforum. The first person who stops clapping will cause me to remove it and ban everyone.
Hey, can I do a dance besides clapping, something like this

Old 2012-10-25, 09:58   Link #707
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Considering their age and the implied sex, would an American publisher really pick this up?
Stephen King wrote a book once in which a bunch of 13 year olds have group sex, so I don't think this would pose a problem
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 12:13   Link #708
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
I know that many of the older books I read, would have scenes like that, so I think it wont be a problem
Old 2012-10-26, 12:18   Link #709
Kazu-kun

No episode 5 thread yet? I just saw the episode and it pretty much confirms our theories about sex.

Spoiler for episode 5:
Old 2012-10-26, 16:20   Link #710
Ray
Garnet

Woo! I take a short break, and this show gets its own sub-forum. Great stuff. *claps*
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 11:11   Link #711
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Scattering conversation because some people can not restrain themselves from clicking the "spoiler" button is not a good thing in my book
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 11:18   Link #712
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Scattering conversation because some people can not restrain themselves from clicking the "spoiler" button is not a good thing in my book
Uhh.. there's a lot more to sub-forums than just "scattering conversation": image threads (which provide, uhm, "interesting" conversations), avatar and signature threads (which I frequent and post in quite a bit), fanfic threads, and so on, that don't detract from the topic on hand (the show), and it helps focus the discussions. I like things that are structured and organized. But that's just me.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 08:24   Link #713
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

That was suprising, i didnt think id like this series so i laid off it then today i got bored so i downloaded all the eps, it was a damn good watch the action scenes in ep6 was very well done, but that almost sex scene in ep5 felt damn weird after watching 4 eps with them being friends and having fun together, the first chance a boy and a girl is alone they almost do it!?

Damn weird.....

and ill just forget that 6 titted slug thing >_>

Spoiler for are they planning a timeskip in this series??:
Old 2012-11-03, 12:20   Link #714
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
That was suprising, i didnt think id like this series so i laid off it then today i got bored so i downloaded all the eps, it was a damn good watch the action scenes in ep6 was very well done, but that almost sex scene in ep5 felt damn weird after watching 4 eps with them being friends and having fun together, the first chance a boy and a girl is alone they almost do it!?

Damn weird.....

and ill just forget that 6 titted slug thing >_>

Spoiler for are they planning a timeskip in this series??:
no, they are planning 2 timeskip in this series
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 22:16   Link #715
Darkmatterx76

Ok, after 45min of reading I've given up trying to catch up with whats already been said in this thread and the ones for each episode.

I have a couple questions but I only want info that would come from the anime.

When we see the teacher (I assume) stamp that red stamp over a kids name they go to a shot of an oddly shaped rock that has the same symbol burned into its side. I couldn't help but get the feeling that I was looking at an urn, or something similar that holds the ashes of all the "stamped" kids. Am I interpreting this scene right?

My other question is from the scenes where the kids are learning from the holo-library critter. Saki keeps having what looks like flashbacks. It's her with what appears to be the same old man that handled her "cantus" mantra ritual. We also saw a scene with her talking to the same old man at the beginning of ep 1. Anyways, during these flashbacks Saki looks very ill and it shows a disjointed scene of the old man being stabbed, and begging Saki not to kill him. This sort of thing is very odd given that the elders remove kids that cheat in school games, and yet Saki obviously wasn't removed. So, my question is... me/confused.
Darkmatterx76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 23:08   Link #716
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatterx76 View Post
My other question is from the scenes where the kids are learning from the holo-library critter. Saki keeps having what looks like flashbacks. It's her with what appears to be the same old man that handled her "cantus" mantra ritual. We also saw a scene with her talking to the same old man at the beginning of ep 1. Anyways, during these flashbacks Saki looks very ill and it shows a disjointed scene of the old man being stabbed, and begging Saki not to kill him. This sort of thing is very odd given that the elders remove kids that cheat in school games, and yet Saki obviously wasn't removed. So, my question is... me/confused.
i think that old man was stabbing himself to make sure saki was hypnotised (you know how they will feel pain if theyhurt someone)
Old 2012-11-11, 12:59   Link #717
momonae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatterx76 View Post
We also saw a scene with her talking to the same old man at the beginning of ep 1. Anyways, during these flashbacks Saki looks very ill and it shows a disjointed scene of the old man being stabbed, and begging Saki not to kill him. This sort of thing is very odd given that the elders remove kids that cheat in school games, and yet Saki obviously wasn't removed. So, my question is... me/confused.
That scene is coming from ep.1 but it seems that it's not included in the anime episode. I understand that he was testing that whether Saki had properly functioning "kishi-kikou" or not.
momonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 07:02   Link #718
neshru

Here's a Shin Sekai Yori AMV I made. I took scenes from the first two episodes and rearranged them to create a new story based on the Trickster Cat story from episode 1.

Let me know what you guys think
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 10:08   Link #719
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
While checking the TV schedule, I noticed that the channels broadcasting this only have 12- anime and other children shows (not even family), which can explain a lot if they participate in the production committee
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 15:39   Link #720
kuromitsu

Well duh? TV Asahi is all about clean, wholesome family fun and entertainment. Let it not be said that Shinsekai yori is their latest victim: they have produced and/or aired other inoffensive, inane anime geared toward children, such as:

-Sci-Fi Harry
-Koikaze
-Speed Grapher
-Red Garden
-Gankutsuou

Another obvious sign of their attempt at turning Shinsekai yori into wholesome family entertainment is the fact that on all channels it airs at like 2 in the morning. (Well, except on NicoNico. There it's broadcast at 23:30.)

/sarcasm
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, science fiction, supernatural