AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-05, 16:10   Link #81
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Eh... You can't actually compare CCS and Nanoha to THAT... Even without the original, it can't come close to those. Ok, I don't really know about Nanoha, but I consider slander for CCS to be compared to THIS

The only thing that I can compare to Mai Otome and Nanoha is the transformation sequence, and MO and Nanoha's are artistically more pleasing. Powerpuff Z's sequence makes me think the animators were high on something. Other than that, Mai Otome and Nanoha are on a whole different level. I don't expect Powerpuff to get dramatic, and it shouldn't, but they could at least stick close to the original characters. Mojo's not funny anymore, Mayor's certainly not funny anymore, ok Bellum is Bellum, and Utonium is not very far from the original, but I can't comprehend what in this show is going to make me go "WTF that was actually good".

Well, I'll watch one or two more episodes, but I don't intend to follow it if it doesn't pick up. There's one more series in my lifetime that I've dropped, and that's High School Girls, due to perceived crude fanservice, dropped right from episode one.
Good point. But thats all I was saying give a chance out side of just one ep. If you watch two and it still sucks then this one is going to the anime to never talk about again.
Reppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 16:51   Link #82
Supernaut

Ugh. Just finished watching. That was sad.

They have taken what in my opinion was a cute and clever parody of the genre, and turned it into just another watered down magical girl anime.

Credit to the subbers, Doremi and Fighting Magic for bringing this out though.
Supernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 17:19   Link #83
lommm
l'homme de lommm

okay, first off, i thought that FM-DOremi did a great job on the subs. the timeing was perfect and i thought their translation choices preserved the meaning of the original (or at least what little meaning there was).... which brings me to my second point... WTF? where was the humor? i guess the fish waving to the girls as they flew over was meant to get a laugh, but honestly... MojoJojo was one of the funniest things about the American series. ohe well, no humor, no biggie. and i don't expect something with PUFF in the title to be very deep and meaningful. THis is not Ergo Proxy or Mushishi. But what was with the animation. Usually for the first episode they will go overboard with animation quality just to hook viewers, but hear they were like, hmmm, city under them as the fly over? let';s make it look like a kintergardener drew it. we'll even color outside the lines! brilliant! the animation style, while done on computers, reminded me of some series from the late 1980s when i was a little kid. Maybe it's a stylistic choice, or maybe it will get better, or maybe they made this for the under 7 crowd and assumed that none of them will care about quality or style.

well, FM-Doremi - please keep subbing it and i will watch the first four eps before making a final judgement, but right now, the future looks bleak...

again, though, they did a top notch subbing job.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 17:32   Link #84
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Hidden pedo in the episode...

http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/9357/bscap0194gh.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8222/bscap0203qp.jpg
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4796/bscap0214oy.jpg
Old 2006-07-05, 17:46   Link #85
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

What pedo?!?
Old 2006-07-05, 17:50   Link #86
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tug
What pedo?!?
I'm guessing the one who took the little child away.

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 22:20   Link #87
wormspeaker

Well that was awefull wasn't it?

Lacking completely any of the charm of the original.

However, Bubbles is a right little tart isn't she?
wormspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 00:04   Link #88
Seiryuu

Embarrassed to admit I watched this, especially considering how much I personally loathe the American version(no offense to any PPG fans out there :P). Mostly just wanted to see what they did with it.
Pluses(over the American):
Dialect variations embellish personality quirks.
I can actually say they look somewhat humanoid.
Personalities are described and embellished enough that there might be some potential for real development.

Minuses:
The weapons. Just about the only thing A-PPG had going for it imho was the fact that the characters fought with what passed for fists, which made it possible to resemble intensity. The one ep I ever watched, where Bubbles goes nuts and beats the **** out of MJ, just wouldn't work if she was blowing bubbles at him.
The poses. NO combatant in any situation should stop to strike a corny pose before saving the civilians.
There's so many things wrong with this it's absurd. I always though the guys that made APPG were high on some sort of chemical(let's call it X?), but apparently the makers of JPPG were able to improve the drug, thus the Z.

I can't believe I just wrote all this about a show like this. Excuse me while I locate a noose to hang myself with...
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 01:14   Link #89
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

Just felt like posting this for no apparent reason
http://powerpuffgirlsz.ytmnd.com/
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 01:44   Link #90
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormspeaker
Well that was awefull wasn't it?

Lacking completely any of the charm of the original.

However, Bubbles is a right little tart isn't she?
I guess I don't share the opinions of many here. As far as I'm concerned the original just didn't have any charm period (though mainly because I almost don't watch any western cartoons anymore; heck Dexter's Lab now makes me wanna throw up). I actually liked PPGZ better in a number of ways, like how each of the 3 girls now seem to fit a particular category of anime girl:
Blossom - the upbeat chipper one who likes sweets and boys (just look at all those little hearts that spilled around here when those "sempai"s passed by her)
Bubbles - pretty and popular (though not exactly an 'ojou-sama'), and also a typical 'gal' (loves fashion and cute stuff)
Buttercup - the scrappy tomboy who's into extreme sports, and is popular among...girls!
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 07:09   Link #91
wavey_davey
Drifting through life~~

Send a message via AIM to wavey_davey Send a message via MSN to wavey_davey
well I watched it... and am sorry to say I LOVED IT.

I do like alot of camp anime's though so this suits me. Just 20minutes of silly no sense fun. Love it
wavey_davey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 07:25   Link #92
SinsI

After watching episode 1: absurd lolikon ultra-silly magical superhero show, it's so lame that it's funny.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 09:22   Link #93
DaFool
Resident devil

Damn, the transformation sequences were the best!

I watched Blossom and Buttercup's transformations, like, 20 times.

As for the rest, this show isn't worth following.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 13:00   Link #94
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
I think Kaoru (Buttercup) is a lesbian...
Old 2006-07-06, 13:02   Link #95
Rin-Sama
Banned

Well one things for sure. At least we know the anime series is bound to be better than the origanl.....
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 13:06   Link #96
monir
cho~ kakkoii

The Laugh A Day thread in the General Chat section of the forum can't even come close to the hilarity dished out in some of the posts in this thread. I hope those people won't stop watching!

Btw, my god is safely tucked away.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 13:11   Link #97
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

@Rin-Sama No, we don't As a matter of fact, most opinions expressed are negative in comparison to the original.
Old 2006-07-06, 13:20   Link #98
dubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
Well one things for sure. At least we know the anime series is bound to be better than the origanl.....
You have got to be kidding me...ugh...not liking these changing for JPPG. Why the magical girl route??
dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 13:22   Link #99
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

It's not the route that's the main problem, it's the massacre of all the funny characters, Mojo, Mayor, even the Professor is not as funny (or should I say not funny anymore).
Old 2006-07-06, 19:03   Link #100
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
Um... no.
Right now, they've got a lot of work to do to even come close to holding a matchstick to the original. As they get more episodes under their belts (and we'll probably see every mahou shoujo cliche more than once) perhaps they'll find their own voice and the series will become more tolerable... or not.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote