AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-04, 12:48   Link #1541
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I think With the last moment in the ep when Hosaka was Dreaming ..he Deserve full Season with only him and Haruka
Old 2009-04-04, 13:18   Link #1542
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Late to the party, but I think was quite a strong ending. It's nice to see a series that isn't afraid to show the characters' vulnerable side, especially one that's normally humorous and fairly acerbic in tone. Chiaki is much more likable when she shows the vulnerability of her age, and Kana when she shows her softer side. As always, needs more Mako-chan - but a finale focusing on the sisters (almost 100% Touma-free, thankfully) is quite appropriate. And ending with a Hosaka delusion always works.

On balance, I'd rank this season just slightly ahead of Okawari but well behind S1. Quality-wise I didn't feel Okaeri had either the highs or lows of Okawari, but it was much more consistent both in terms of quality and (critically) tone. Okawari never seemed quite sure what it was trying to be, while Okaeri was just Minami-ke - not as good a Minami-ke as S1, but 100% M-K. I adore these characters and there's so many good ones that the source of material seems endless - I'd be happy to see a S4 even if it was anime original. A lot of the original material in S1-3 was quite good. Are the rumors of an OVA fact, or still rumor?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 21:33   Link #1543
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Are the rumors of an OVA fact, or still rumor?
Fact:
Minami-ke Original Animation DVD Reportedly Green-Lit
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 04:01   Link #1544
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I am late (gave up on waiting for Chihiro's avi and just watched everything with laggy graphics), but I guess watching Chiaki being so clingy is just too moe.

It is hard to believe that Kana is actually the middle sister given her black hair and lively personality.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 14:33   Link #1545
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I am late (gave up on waiting for Chihiro's avi and just watched everything with laggy graphics), but I guess watching Chiaki being so clingy is just too moe.

It is hard to believe that Kana is actually the middle sister given her black hair and lively personality.
Well considering Takeru oji-san has the hair and Fujioka reminds Hauka of their father I'd say Kana took characteristics from her mother.

Also with Kana and Chiaki being clingy. There is an underlying reason for their fears of loosing a family member.

We haven't heard anything about their parents. So it is not unbelievable that their parents went out and never came back from their perspective.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 17:27   Link #1546
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Makes you wonder sometimes about the sisters backstory. But I guess since it is suppose to be a comedy 4koma, that doesn't come to the front often.

Aside from the green lighting of the OVA, I have been unable to find confirmation on the StarChild site (though it is all in Japanese and therefore out of my language reading skills range) nor can I find anything to suggest Asread is doing anything really.
Old 2009-04-05, 17:48   Link #1547
reverse

Okaeri finally over so....

if their announced season 4. some stuff I like to see
Spoiler for scene:
reverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 17:55   Link #1548
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Makes you wonder sometimes about the sisters backstory. But I guess since it is suppose to be a comedy 4koma, that doesn't come to the front often.

Aside from the green lighting of the OVA, I have been unable to find confirmation on the StarChild site (though it is all in Japanese and therefore out of my language reading skills range) nor can I find anything to suggest Asread is doing anything really.
I've always thought of their missing parents as latent, exploitable drama, should anyone choose to go for it--not necessarily a good choice.

As for the Asread thing, I haven't heard a thing either, though I assume the OVA will exist (otherwise I expected 2-chan to have caught it).
A glance at this: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ny.php?id=4437 seems to suggest that asread is working on Kiddy Grade 2 except http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiddy_Grade says that Asread was originally supposed to do it but it ran into problems and now is being done by Satelight.
Conclusion: Besides minor production assists, they've only ever done Shuffle!, one movie and Minami-ke 2+3+OVA (?). This might explain the budget for Okaeri. Okawari DVD sales were presumably crap, and if that was their only source of money...
Sidenote: If they do end up doing a season 4, we can probably expect better quality, since Okaeri should generate more money to play with. But I question the choice of Asread in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
Okaeri finally over so....

if their announced season 4. some stuff I like to see
Spoiler for scene:
I'd like to see:
Fujioka attempt to ask Touma for advice on how to win over girls.
Anything at all about the fact that Yoshino is a rich girl. It was mentioned once in a character history blurb in the manga about her...
Old 2009-04-05, 18:12   Link #1549
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Fujioka attempt to ask Touma for advice on how to win over girls.
Just reading that made me laugh.

Quote:
Kana make her cross dresser "idea" into next level
Depending on what is meant by "next level", I think you have a good chance of seeing something along these lines.

Needs more Hitomi.
Old 2009-04-05, 19:43   Link #1550
neothe0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero View Post
Besides minor production assists, they've only ever done Shuffle!, one movie and Minami-ke 2+3+OVA (?).
Slightly off topic, but I thought they "jointed" GA-REI-ZERO with AIC, which would be more than "minor" (unless ANN is wrong again - they still think Goku SZS only has 2 episodes after all...)
Old 2009-04-05, 21:37   Link #1551
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by neothe0ne View Post
Slightly off topic, but I thought they "jointed" GA-REI-ZERO with AIC, which would be more than "minor" (unless ANN is wrong again - they still think Goku SZS only has 2 episodes after all...)
*squints* So they did. My eyes must be going. And late 2008 too. Well, forget what I said then.
Old 2009-04-06, 06:24   Link #1552
ReddyRedWolf

Those missing from this that I know of are Takeru Ojisan and Broken Nurse Kumada sensei. Oh yes almost forgot plain yogurt Shuichi.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 22:37   Link #1553
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Haruku needs to sparkle when she enters a room. Or at least in Mako-chan's vision.
Old 2009-04-06, 22:54   Link #1554
cicero

I advocate Takeru x Kumada. He should forget about that Rika person...

Doing a timeline for Okawari and Okaeri was sorta anticlimactic. Both series were chronological, and the only deviation from normalcy was that Okaeri ep. 1 was between season 1 and 2, while ep. 2 and the rest were after Okawari (Which ended ~mid-march. You can tell by the foliage and the cherry blossoms...). Okaeri ends at Tanabata, 2009, which is apparently either 7/7, 8/7, or 8/26.

Looking through the last episode again, I must say that Touma's eldest brother creeps me out to no end. Giving her an Onee-chan Love manga and then spending the last episode lovingly stroking a picture of Touma when she was younger... *shudders* Natsuki needs to be on guard and protect Touma from his disturbing feelings!
Old 2009-04-06, 23:04   Link #1555
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What if this Rika person is from Hinamizawa?

So we go from somewhere in August 2007 (first season beach episode) to maybe August 2009?
Old 2009-04-07, 01:23   Link #1556
cicero

That would explain the way he keeps getting dumped and reattached...if I understand this correctly.

And yeah that's about the gist of it. Theoretically Chiaki should be in middle school by now...

Incidentally, if they wanted to put the show back into normal time and do some sort of future thing, they still could. They'd just have to retcon Okaeri 8-13 back a year (8 being the first episode with a new school year where we see Hosaka when we shouldn't). We couldn't prove them wrong... They wouldn't have to do anything else because there's literally no in-show indications (in Okaeri) of which year it is and what grade Chiaki, etc. are. I'm convinced this kind of contigency is why they left out the time markers.
Old 2009-04-12, 23:50   Link #1557
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Probably.

We'll see what they decide to do for the OVA and if there is really enough material and profit in a Fourth Season of Minami-ke.
Old 2009-04-24, 03:40   Link #1558
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Finished the series at last, and wow it was a fun ride.

Remind me how enjoyable it was in season 1. What S2 killed, thank God, S3 revived it.

Last Ep was sweet and touching . My favourite character is still Kana(since S1), so i'm happy to see her being loved by her family. Before that i always thought the first one among three sisters would move out is Kana, but then it's not the case anymore
Old 2009-04-25, 10:20   Link #1559
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Is it a sinful thought to wish for Haruka and Hosaka embracing each other for real?

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2009-04-25 at 10:39.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 10:33   Link #1560
Molenir

God I hope not! Nothing more disgusting then that.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life