AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2015-04-28, 00:16   Link #1921
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

They are cashing in as they've attached the "Love Live" name to this new project. It's a matter of will you follow it and will you like it as much as the original Love Live project. I'll wait to see what comes out.

I would have probably liked to see one or more of the other groups that participated in either Love Live Tournament. But I don't think it'd fit in the "ultra positive" mode that the series seems to be built around.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 08:03   Link #1922
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I hope it starts as audio dramas and then move onto singles so that the new girls get a chance to build their experience before attempting the anime scene. See how it goes. No point in worrying too much when we don't even know the format yet.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 11:08   Link #1923
l.kostas

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-single/.87598

"Mi wa Mu'sic no Mi" is the 10th consecutive Love Live! School idol project single to rank in the top five of the Oricon weekly charts on release. The first was "No brand girls"/"Start: Dash!!" which was released on April 2013 and reached the number five slot. The single "Fuyu ga Kureta Yokan" by Love Live! idol unit BiBi reached the number two slot in the Oricon weekly charts when Lantis released the single last December.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 18:16   Link #1924
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

u'sic hahahahahahhaha

That's funny
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 20:02   Link #1925
Hachitora

Super LOVE=Super LIVE is such a catchy song, though Mi wa µ'sic no Mi isn't that bad either.
Hachitora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 01:10   Link #1926
SubaruSumeragi

Special page for Love Live! Sunshine!! is available with character introductions:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/sp_sunshine.html

You can also find translated character descriptions here: http://www.seiyuuri.com/2015/03/31/l...ions-revealed/

They're taken from Dengeki G's Magazine May 2015 issue as a source, though. I don't know if these are identical with the images above.
SubaruSumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 01:47   Link #1927
Nork22

So if you want to give a name to the new group, go here.
http://sunshine.dengeki.com/vote/h04n3b0ma7dv/

If you don't know how to navigate it, here's a website showing you how.
http://www.seiyuuri.com/2015/04/30/s...sal/#more-1140

I've put in a name suggestion out of interest. Not gonna expect anything out of it though.

Last edited by Nork22; 2015-04-30 at 02:05.
Nork22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 06:38   Link #1928
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Let's all band together and put in a name to be a part of Love Live History! u's musiiiiiic STAAAAAART
Old 2015-04-30, 09:25   Link #1929
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruSumeragi View Post
Special page for Love Live! Sunshine!! is available with character introductions:

Images

http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/sp_sunshine.html

You can also find translated character descriptions here: http://www.seiyuuri.com/2015/03/31/l...ions-revealed/

They're taken from Dengeki G's Magazine May 2015 issue as a source, though. I don't know if these are identical with the images above.
After looking at these character designs provided by SubaruSumeragi, and after sort of carefully piecing things together by looking at all the links provided above as well as searching for Sunshine characters at the Love Live! Wikia, I'm starting to feel more confident about Sunshine.

I'm getting a greater sense that the creators behind this have a very good and comprehensive idea of what they're going for, and that they're borrowing inspiration from multiple sources (and not strictly the original Love Live!)

I also can already see some good internal dynamics within the full main cast of Sunshine. For example, two of them are sisters, which offers some good potential.

Other points - I read that Chika's family runs a traditional hot springs Inn. Chika's character design includes a small side-tail on one side and what looks to me like a green flower hairpiece on the other. So early impression is...

Chika = Honoka Kousaka + Ohana Matsumae (Hanasaku Iroha)

Kurosawa Dia seems a bit like Eli Ayase Version 2.0, personality-wise, which might give Konakaga concern... but at least they had the sense to not make her the blonde. Kurosawa's charater design makes me think of a fusion of two other Sunrise characters - Valvrave's Shouko and Saki.

Speaking of the blonde, I read that her father is a Frenchman who runs a chain of Italian hotels... This is almost certainly going to be a very fun character. I can already hear loads of multi-language dialogue coming from her.

The cast is also very colorful overall, including a hardcore chuunibyou.

I think the creators behind this have done a good job of piecing together a nicely diverse cast of characters with some nice distinctions amongst them. And those character designs provided by SubaruSumeragi look very good to me. They look a bit better "closer up" like that. There's a lot of color and creativity and personality that went into these character designs, and I'm feeling more upbeat about this project now. There's a definite professionalism and attention-to-detail here that's encouraging.
Old 2015-04-30, 11:04   Link #1930
l.kostas

http://www.otakutale.com/2015/love-l...in-30-minutes/

The official Youtube channel for music producer Lantis has revealed a 30 minute video consolidating the first full season of their Love Live! School Idol Project anime. The video was published on Lantis’ Youtube channel, who are one of the main producers of the Love Live! franchise alongside Dengeki G’s Magazine and animation studio Sunrise (Code Geass, Gintama). The 30 minute video was aired on Japanese TV as a cutdown version of the anime’s first season, which aired in the Winter 2012/2013 anime season. A similar video is expected to be produced for the anime’s second season. The video was produced in anticipation for the upcoming release of the series’ film Love Live! The School Idol Movie, which will be releasing on June 13.

YouTube
Old 2015-04-30, 15:30   Link #1931
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I do this, too.
Old 2015-04-30, 15:36   Link #1932
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

I did not know what I was getting myself into when I began watching Love Live. Now I'm obsessed with lesbian idols.
Old 2015-04-30, 21:05   Link #1933
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Let's all band together and put in a name to be a part of Love Live History! u's musiiiiiic STAAAAAART
You know what I actually put down? Melodia (メロヂィア) Why? Cause the Greek spelling is this: μελῳδία.
Old 2015-04-30, 21:10   Link #1934
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm having a hard time deciphering this Greek lol. Or maybe you chose it because it looks cool in Greek????
Old 2015-04-30, 21:30   Link #1935
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I'm having a hard time deciphering this Greek lol. Or maybe you chose it because it looks cool in Greek????
Maybe
But I just wrote it in English and put the Katakana next to it when I sent in the form.
Old 2015-04-30, 23:51   Link #1936
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I entered 海感 (みかん) or "Mikan" in English. That's the fruit that is what this new region is famous for, but also the kanji means "the feeling of the sea".

Last edited by boggart; 2015-05-06 at 13:07.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 00:07   Link #1937
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I came up with a name idea for the Sunshine girls.

It's based on this quote...

"I came from Akihabara the first time I visited this school… not to mention it was located in the middle of a mountain full of oranges. But now, every time I remember that, it really was like a series of surprises and laughs. However, now, it has become a place I’m the most fond of." – Sakurauchi Riko (emphasis mine)

And this song from an older anime show...

So my name idea for the Sunshine girls is... Hassaku!

"Hassaku orange (Japanese: 八朔) is Japanese citrus hybrid similar to an orange in color but with the size of a grapefruit. It originated in Hiroshima prefecture, but now Wakayama produces around 70% of the country's yield."

Seems like a fitting group name for them, no?
Old 2015-05-01, 00:52   Link #1938
l.kostas

Character profiles at Anime News Network
Old 2015-05-01, 07:26   Link #1939
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 16:31   Link #1940
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Love Live Movie 6 weeks till release Countdown Exclusive!

Spoiler:

Tags
idol, music