GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Chiaki-sama from two years ago:

Kana-chan from two years ago:

Banchou-san from two years ago:
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 11:31   Link #502
Cal-Reflector

I must say, the highlight of this episode was everyone's favorite lame television drama, Ninomiya kun and sensei. By far the best episode of it we've seen so far.
Old 2007-11-19, 11:38   Link #503
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
I must say, the highlight of this episode was everyone's favorite lame television drama, Ninomiya kun and sensei. By far the best episode of it we've seen so far.
The highlight of the episode for me, came from one image in the preview for episode 08.
Spoiler for Preview:
Old 2007-11-19, 11:47   Link #504
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The highlight of the episode for me, came from one image in the preview for episode 08.
Spoiler for Preview:
Yes, brilliant; the glare is such that I must shield my eyes.

But seriously, if Hosaka would only carry himself with a little more dignity, angst, and mystery, the girls would love him. Although it appears from the preview that there are some who may like him as he is now...
Old 2007-11-19, 14:45   Link #505
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Yes, brilliant; the glare is such that I must shield my eyes.

But seriously, if Hosaka would only carry himself with a little more dignity, angst, and mystery, the girls would love him. Although it appears from the preview that there are some who may like him as he is now...
If you ask me, Hosaka carries himself with TOO much dignity, angst and mystery. Well, maybe not mystery. heh
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 22:15   Link #506
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Hosaka is the clown of this series like the AEU ace pilot of the current Gundam 00. I don't really want to see him anywhere near Haruka! And i think Chiaki-sama would agree to this.
Old 2007-11-20, 00:52   Link #507
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
lol, keep that guy and his perspiration off Haruka.
Old 2007-11-20, 07:02   Link #508
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heresiarch View Post
Spoiler for a reference to Higurashi in Ep7:
lol that could also be a kanon reference.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 15:07   Link #509
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
I don't really want to see him anywhere near Haruka! And i think Chiaki-sama would agree to this.
I'd rather have a series where he's the main character. Though saying that, his random appearances to add to his LOL level.

He's still my favourite character in the show.
Old 2007-11-20, 17:34   Link #510
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
I'd rather have a series where he's the main character. Though saying that, his random appearances to add to his LOL level.

He's still my favourite character in the show.
Not because he's the only male character who is anything close to attractive? Who else is there, cross-dressing idiot boy, loser uncle/cousin...

Oh shit, Hosaka is voiced by Ono Daisuke. No wonder he gave off Itsuki (SH no Y) vibes.
Old 2007-11-20, 17:36   Link #511
JediNight
キズランダム

Minami-ke seems to be under the radar for a lot of people still. I'm guessing mostly because it didn't get hyped insanely like Lucky Star, and most of the comedy isn't very outrageous that tends to draw attention.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 17:37   Link #512
d.sinclair

Quote:
Not because he's the only male character who is anything close to attractive? Who else is there, cross-dressing idiot boy, loser uncle/cousin...
Actually I love all the male characters in this show, or more specifically how they're used in the show. Nothing but pure comic gold, and yet not too much nor too little.

edit: now that I think about it, they're my favorite male characters out of the entire season lineup. By far.
d.sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 19:40   Link #513
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, the male supporting cast is uniformly excellent on this show, and each of them is totally unique among the group.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 20:08   Link #514
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Minami-ke seems to be under the radar for a lot of people still. I'm guessing mostly because it didn't get hyped insanely like Lucky Star, and most of the comedy isn't very outrageous that tends to draw attention.
I think there are many shows under the radar this year, not only Minami-ke. For example, I considered Baccano! to be some kind of obscure title if you compare the quality of the animation/plot to how popular is here on Animesuki. One reason some shows are not as popular as others is because they didn’t receive enough exposure, there are few things to discuss about, the first episodes seemed boring/slow paced, or is not even worthwhile/interesting to actually bother. I find Minami-ke to be a great topic of discussion even though it’s a Slice-Of-Life type of show; whether is the relationship of the sisters or the wackiness of the supporting cast, there’s something to comment about. Slice-Of-Life type of shows are rarely popular if the focus happens to be those Slice-Of-Life aspects (settings, background) in anime such as ARIA and Sketchbook ~full colors~, unless there is some mecha, high school life, romance, comedy, etc. put together in the mix. LS was a great show, but a peculiar one whose popularity is mainly due not to the hype itself—which I think died in the first episodes—, but to the people who constantly reminded others how much they didn’t like it. Anyway, LS somehow picked up after the 4th episode and the majority of people who enjoyed the 'introduction part' were able to like the otakuness, moe overdoses, and the Slice-Of-Life/high school setting for the rest of the run.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 21:14   Link #515
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

this show's far more enjoyable than Lucky Star
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 21:44   Link #516
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Spoiler for Preview:
The inevitable:

Spoiler for Uho.:
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 00:02   Link #517
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Quote:
There're still more to come.

While Hosaka is an interesting clown, but nobody touches Haruka, the legendary banchou-san.

However, like Shiroth, i don't mind having him as a lead in another series, but still ... nobody touches Haruka-san, else he or she would suffer from the wrath of Chiaki-sama.
Old 2007-11-21, 00:06   Link #518
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
However, like Shiroth, i don't mind having him as a lead in another series, but still ... nobody touches Haruka-san, else he or she would suffer from the wrath of Chiaki-sama.
Those who dare defile the Holy Mother will be punished by the Holy Child!
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 16:48   Link #519
Falkor

Thanks to Ayako for the subs again. They seem to have ran out of jokes for the introduction part.

Spoiler for Random thoughts for episode 07:

I’m really interested to know what other stories made Haruka a legendary banchou.
Looking forward to next episode featuring Hosaka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist
There're still more to come.

While Hosaka is an interesting clown, but nobody touches Haruka, the legendary banchou-san.

Any person interested in Haruka would have to literally adopt her children.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 18:16   Link #520
X207
Gamyūsa

lol i loved younger haruka's personality, i wonder wat made her a kind and naive person. wat exactly is a banchou?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life