Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-06, 09:22   Link #201
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
Spoiler:

Really? I didn't think the pacing was bad at all, certainly not the most confusing of the season. Horizon takes that spot in that I had to watch it a second time over to really grasp what was going on.
well... I read the manga and just found that they're pacing too fast...
ok.. that's maybe only my opinion.... I have slow response to catch this episode...

anyway, mangatron should run away... SWAT will bring him to jail again
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 07:00   Link #202
Nihokon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Here, more freebies

I'll take this.

I feel like watching another version of Hidan no Aria
Weird girl screws some guy's life, check. Childhood friend who got pushed aside with nice boat potential, check. Loli, check. Good-natured protag with unusual ability, check. (Rest omitted)
I still enjoyed it either way so I guess it's fine.
7/10
Old 2011-10-07, 07:33   Link #203
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Oh why don't we troll ourselves
Old 2011-10-07, 07:56   Link #204
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Never really thoroughly read the LN but the first ep is cute enough for an opener.

It seems that it may get darker from here on but only way to be sure is to wait and see....

Fear keeps reminding of Konata for some reason....

OP and its animation is damned nice
Old 2011-10-07, 08:55   Link #205
judasmartel
*Author

^
Well, to me, Fear has the physique of Erio, the "wackyness" of Senjougahara, and the A-Cup Angst of Index. ALL IN ONE. HELL YEAH!

@Narukahana Yeah, I found C3's story similar to Hidan no Aria, but with some differences. I could hope the male lead isn't as boring as a certain spiky-haired Anti-Magic kid.

Considering his VA, I have high hopes the male lead won't be like Touma, but rather like Kinji.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 09:23   Link #206
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

God I hope not, Kinji is painful male lead to follow in the Light Novel- a sizable portion of his monologue consist of complaints after complaints (Girls, His conditions, more girls, Butei life, more and more girls, normal life, and did I mention girls?) - Followed by a couple of bad decision making and a slice of angst for good measures.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 11:11   Link #207
ZeKeR
Superbad

So Fear was made during the Inquisition... this will be fun....

also, I NEED TO SEE THE GUILLOTINE PERSONIFIED OR EVEN PIER GERLOFS DONIA'S BLADE.

also....

*equips AA12*

now where did I hear of a certain guy that wants a deathwish for taking teh box? Might as well need to borrow Konoha for a bit....
Old 2011-10-07, 11:14   Link #208
judasmartel
*Author

^
Oh, you mean Kinji's even more angstier character to follow than Touma?

@back to topic

Considering Haruaki's VA (Subaru in RKB), he's potentially a nice character if they write him well. It's just that because of Touma I found Anti-Magic leads as Boring Invincible Heroes. Or probably I haven't watched enough anime with Anti-Magic leads (Alice from Gakuen Alice is one).
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 11:44   Link #209
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
There seems to be this new trend in anime of having first episodes that are completely different from what your show is actually about.

Who the heck thought this was a good idea?

Do anime market researchers now think that the same folks who love gorey action are into totally by-the-book harem? Do they think that the same folks who like VN-style romance narratives are into Sengoku Basara?

Sure, there's some overlap, but these genre distinctions are pretty severe.

Edit: But to get the full impact here, let's flip this around. How many people who liked this first episode are going to like gorey action? How many people into Sengoku Basara are going to want to watch a VN-style romance narrative? Talk about trolling your viewers...
Hey.....I'm totally like that.....

Most people will watch what entertains them regardless of genre. It's not that strict as you think. There are plenty of people who will be fans of Soukou Akki Muramasa while at the same time read Hantsuki...confining yourself to categories only means that you miss out on loads of amazing stuff.
Old 2011-10-07, 21:46   Link #210
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
^
Oh, you mean Kinji's even more angstier character to follow than Touma?

@back to topic

Considering Haruaki's VA (Subaru in RKB), he's potentially a nice character if they write him well. It's just that because of Touma I found Anti-Magic leads as Boring Invincible Heroes. Or probably I haven't watched enough anime with Anti-Magic leads (Alice from Gakuen Alice is one).
Kinji just bitches around at his misfortune as he is surrounded by girls of supernatural right and he's what you'd call an enhanced human amidst supernatural level humans.

Haruaki is gonna have a difficult time dealing with things like this tho... as they were once coated with evil and curses, some stay true to that and be evil killing machines. I was quite surprised that Konoha was cured so quickly back when he was still a kid
Old 2011-10-07, 21:50   Link #211
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Haruaki is gonna have a difficult time dealing with things like this tho... as they were once coated with evil and curses, some stay true to that and be evil killing machines. I was quite surprised that Konoha was cured so quickly back when he was still a kid

That's just an assumption though, we don't know how long it took to remove Konoha's curse. And I get a feeling Fear has done a lot worse things for a lot longer time than Konoha did.
Old 2011-10-07, 22:04   Link #212
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's just an assumption though, we don't know how long it took to remove Konoha's curse. And I get a feeling Fear has done a lot worse things for a lot longer time than Konoha did.
if what her use was actually true... then that box (not yet personified) actually has exotic ways of killing people... lets say, pull out a small iron maiden, make it into a Spanish garotte that needed a wheel and a valve, or a guillotine blade.

btw in the old days of execution by machines of malice, was there any record of screw-like things being used aside from the garotte device?
Old 2011-10-07, 22:08   Link #213
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
if what her use was actually true... then that box (not yet personified) actually has exotic ways of killing people... lets say, pull out a small iron maiden, make it into a Spanish garotte that needed a wheel and a valve, or a guillotine blade.

btw in the old days of execution by machines of malice, was there any record of screw-like things being used aside from the garotte device?
I don't know, for some reason this never came up in any of my conversations before

Depending on how the series go, maybe I'll have a new found interest... I mean, there's only so many times I can pretend to understand Aleister Crowley's Book of Law...
Old 2011-10-07, 22:26   Link #214
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't know, for some reason this never came up in any of my conversations before

Depending on how the series go, maybe I'll have a new found interest... I mean, there's only so many times I can pretend to understand Aleister Crowley's Book of Law...
lol well it was somewhere in the lines of the LN that I noticed she's a 'fear-in-a-box' so probably she has SHITLOADS of execution devices in there.

I agree with you here... but in all actuality... I thank the industry for not overrating Rie for this role
Old 2011-10-08, 04:55   Link #215
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'll just say one thing, if this shows supposed to have a hook in basically being a gory twist on what appears to be a pure fan service show with a moe aesthetic, why didn't they work that into the first episode or even hint at it? Like why did it need to be so bland? I just don't understand what the deal is, like I've never quite seen a show drop the ball by completing misguiding the audience to it's true premise that way.

Not that there are any guarantees that it will improve the quality of the show all that much, but still it couldn't have hurt anything. At this rate the only thing going for it is that Fear has kind of a unique and somewhat alluring design, which the show seemed very much aware of in how it showed her off quite shamelessly.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 11:47   Link #216
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'll just say one thing, if this shows supposed to have a hook in basically being a gory twist on what appears to be a pure fan service show with a moe aesthetic, why didn't they work that into the first episode or even hint at it? Like why did it need to be so bland? I just don't understand what the deal is, like I've never quite seen a show drop the ball by completing misguiding the audience to it's true premise that way.
They make a hint that its not normal when they show the blond girl with metal hands. Plus they didn't explain it at ALL!!! like when Fear first saw cow girl she already knew that she is the same as her. So the often tea cup getting slice in half is actually her doing
Old 2011-10-08, 11:58   Link #217
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Just a reminder folks that it is against the forum's Spoiler Policy to use knowledge of the source material in this "anime only" thread. So please stop the "hinting" of stuff not shown in the anime yet.

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 12:15   Link #218
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post

Not that there are any guarantees that it will improve the quality of the show all that much, but still it couldn't have hurt anything. At this rate the only thing going for it is that Fear has kind of a unique and somewhat alluring design, which the show seemed very much aware of in how it showed her off quite shamelessly.
The sudden change in story direction and/or mood are one way to make your show interesting. Many good series did it and it just worked (For example: a certain popular magical girl anime)
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 12:24   Link #219
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for C3 02 - Our Two Weapons Are Fear and Surprise:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 12:41   Link #220
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

never read the LN
and..
Spoiler for ep 2:

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen