AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-05, 22:33   Link #121
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Spiggy: ROFL! Takeru into a thong!?! LOL! ED = Everlasting Derriere... Perfect! Even the acronym makes sense!

Heavenly: Lol...
Hikari: Yep, kids, that's where babies come from-- little red butterflies.
Grandkids: Grandma! Spontaneous generation was disproved centuries ago!!
Hikari: Then explain my pulling of a humanoid robot from concrete!! And how I came out of a cocoon!
Takeru: I swear it's true!
Grandkids: Mom! Dad! Our Grandparents are suffering Alzheimer's!!

I honestly didn't care how the series ended. I had my fill of bishoujo cuteness, that's all. In my ideal ending, Kimi Ninomiya would become queen of the world and would spread all of her 10-yr.-old kawaii-ness.
Old 2004-07-06, 13:15   Link #122
Paiser

just hoping for ova.... <- complainin, but who isnt?
Old 2004-07-06, 22:21   Link #123
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by weyoun6
I don't know about other people - but I have to watch an entire series to concider it garbage. I try to be as fair as a can, unless its a series that I am not interested in the ending at all. I watched the first episode - did not like it but gave it a chance, and after finishing it had none of my opinion changed.
yeah, I agree with you completely.. I just watched the last episode... I too thought it was weak initially... was hoping it would get better... but it doesn't... it was somewhat interesting in the last few episodes but then got all soft again in the last episode...
Old 2004-07-07, 07:22   Link #124
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
yeah, I agree with you completely.. I just watched the last episode... I too thought it was weak initially... was hoping it would get better... but it doesn't... it was somewhat interesting in the last few episodes but then got all soft again in the last episode...
Thank you. It was anti-climatic wasn't it? she's got pissed b/c Mari had her whole life to get with Takeru but couldn't then another girl pops from nowhere and she's jealous. Hikari pretty much just slammed Takeru's hopes and dreams or lack of. They spend a good 15mins playing tag before kissing and making up. The end of the world was stopped by a single attack within 10secs. The explosion was cool. Then Hikari and Akari leave w/ their clothes in space.

Ambience Blue - nice acronym (sp) ED...I like!!!
Old 2004-07-07, 15:25   Link #125
abubo

Final Thoughts

Oh boy, finally get to post some thoughts on the end of KonoMini. I can't say I loved the ending... it felt like, I don't know, a compromise of sorts. I think the "Hikari becomes nice girl again" part was done too abruptly... I mean, it's done in a sloppy soapish kinda way (oh let the hero go after the girl! Oh wait, she runs away but reluctant to go very far! Oh the hero kisses the girl!). I wanted more than this from Gainax. Maybe they did plan a EVA-ish ending at first, but had to cut back the degree for some reason. But it was still TONS better than the infamous Mahoromatic Ending.

I think it's a very GOOD shonen Mahou Kanojou story, but the ending was kinda too ordinary to match the setup. They definately didn't defy the genre, for sure, but added a good entry to it rather. Okay the girls did leave Earth and it's not really the "good" good ending, but I was hoping in the line of, Hikari became back only after killing a good chunk of the cast... Oh well, I guess merchandising potential for the Hikari/Akari twin is too great to resist. Just think of all the great doujinshi KonoMini's gonna generate . Plus this ending leaves the door wide open for a sequel anyway.

I think maybe this IS Gainax's big surprise... "Hey, since everyone's expecting a bloodbath, well, heck, let's give them a NICE and NORMAL ending instead! Ha!"
Old 2004-07-12, 03:01   Link #126
Paiser

sure buddy...
Ending was a-okay. Coming from Gainax. Your right it does open to a big sequal to fill in. Yet we have to wait one more year or next 6 months if they will do produce anything. Just hope konominikukumoustukushiisekai is smash hit at japan. If doesnt say good bye to season 2 or ova.
Old 2004-07-16, 14:07   Link #127
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

I hope theres Comedy and Ecchi, cuz that would be real great!
Old 2004-07-16, 18:37   Link #128
Paiser

like Full Metal Panic!? Fumoffu?
It'll be funny if they did. Cuz they should make one episode like south park, and at the end of that episode Hikari will blow up Gainax! Muahha and the world mUAHAHAH South Park style baby. Thats how we do.
Plot:
Takeru- bff ff ffff ff~ i cant talk with this coat on
Hikari- Shut the fuk up and kiss me
Mari- What the fuk are you doing?
Rest of the crew- oOoOoOohhhhh They're making out
Mari- Bitch leave Takeru alone! He's mine! (takeru puts the coat back on)
Takeru- Bff fff ff fff ffffffff x.X~
Mari- Must get this thing off
Hikari- U son of a bitch. BooOOOOOOMMMMMM~ x.X
Old 2004-07-16, 21:09   Link #129
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

Maybe Hikari will be nicer like:

Hikari- kiss me takeru
takeru- fufuufuufuuf
hikari- ok, kiss me later (she leaves the room)
takeru- (thinking to himself) thank god she left, she almost caught me jerking off to someone less perfect then her.

moral- if ur jecking off and hikari comes and asks for a kiss, giver her a freaking kiss and a little "something something"
Old 2004-07-16, 21:48   Link #130
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

Finally, AE and Akeep finished their version =). Now I can store it after all this time. Thanks AE/AK.
Old 2004-07-16, 22:10   Link #131
chucky
Always impatient

The only good stuff from Gainax is Princess Maker....
Old 2004-07-17, 02:27   Link #132
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

OMG OMG, thats not true, have u ever heard of Evangelion???? its only one of the best amines ever! that and Mahoromatic, ecchi and comedy, what more does can u ask for???
Old 2004-07-24, 17:35   Link #133
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
final thoughts

In the real world a creature like (Death-Hikary) it wouldnt have turned into a human being hehe It was a great ending though..bit philosophical, I love the series good ecchi parts, nice legs, etc.. , and I hope Gainax will continue making great series as good as this one
Old 2004-08-23, 11:50   Link #134
HellBreath

Send a message via ICQ to HellBreath Send a message via MSN to HellBreath
howdy im new and i got a question

well i read all those replays and i still dont get few things
1.will there be sequel\season 2?
2.whats about the movie?
3.and whats with eps 13? this site shows it got 13 eps http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...inikuku_m.html
but i cant find it anywhere
Old 2004-08-28, 17:33   Link #135
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBreath
2.whats about the movie?
3.and whats with eps 13? this site shows it got 13 eps http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...inikuku_m.html
Oh yea! a konomini Movie!!! and season 2!! The only thing that can make this better is if they gave out the dolls!
Old 2004-08-31, 17:30   Link #136
Hoshino Hikari
<3

I liked the ending but I didn't love it.
It didn't end how I expected or how I wanted. I thought atleast one person was going to be killed. and I really wanted Hikari and Takeru to be together. I don't really understand why the hell Hikari and Akari left earth. T_T
I cried, for sure.

I thought there would of been a more deadly fight, I thought Hikari would of been more crazy and killing. o.O But nope, not at all. x_x I thought the ending fight was kinda cheap. =x but not bad.. ^^;
Evil Hikari at the end sure was different from the scary evil Hikari that started off. o.O Her good self completly took over, and she was just lonely and hurt..

The very ending where Hikari and Akari are flying in space and that beautiful song plays.. waii that was great.
I also love how Takeru is being devoted to Hikari, waiting for her. His love is true. ^__^
I never really liked Mari, she's an annoying bitch if you ask me.. x_x

Konomini is my favourite series. I really hope theres a second season! <3
Old 2004-08-31, 17:36   Link #137
Hoshino Hikari
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsionicXero
Oh yea! a konomini Movie!!! and season 2!! The only thing that can make this better is if they gave out the dolls!

ehh?!?! Theres going to be a movie AND a season 02?!?!?!?!? @___@!!!
Seriously?! T___T!
Old 2004-08-31, 17:42   Link #138
Hoshino Hikari
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBreath
2.whats about the movie?
ah yeah i heard something about an episode13 too.. but i never did find it.. thats weird.. maybe they mest up?
Old 2004-09-12, 10:12   Link #139
Sankyuu
Akari Lover

Emm...
The ending seems Ok for me...

I seriously want 2nd Season or OVA of it...
Old 2004-10-12, 09:18   Link #140
GustaveElazul
Gus

I had the last few episodes still sitting on my computer (konomini is licensed now isnt it?) and ended up finishing it off.

I have to agree that the ending sucked.They should have ended it with it being months (maybe a year) later and show hikari and akari walking along the road heading toward Takeru's home. I was actually expecting them to be walking along that road during the ending music....sucks that they leave you hanging on the notion that they *might* be coming back. A series based on romance and alot of happiness shouldn't end in such a sour way; it's as if Gainax slacked off during the last 3-4 episodes. Things went too fast and ended wrong.

Oh well; I'll keep on wishing for a new season or movie to fix this. Though gainax probably gets their kicks out of torturing people like us
Closed Thread