AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-03-22, 20:56   Link #6281
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildArms View Post
wtf happened in the last chapter!? EVERYTHING WAS DOING SO WELL, IS THERE A FREAKING LAW BUTLERS CANT HAVE A LOVER?! HE IS JUST GRATEFULL TO NAGI, HE IS NO LOLI LOVAR DARN, Hata will go to jail if hayate falls in love with nagi lulz (anyway for me is obvious he just sees her as a really beloved sister)
Isn't it normal nowadays that 14 year olds are allowed to have a romantic relationship, considering the fact that Hayate isn't even that much older than Nagi, only 2 years.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 21:00   Link #6282
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Isn't it normal nowadays that 14 year olds are allowed to have a romantic relationship, considering the fact that Hayate isn't even that much older than Nagi, only 2 years.
Nagi's only 13. In fact, barely 13, since her birthday is December 3rd.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 21:04   Link #6283
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Hayate is bad with dealing with girls anyways, so even if they are in a relationship nothing will happen.
Old 2010-03-22, 21:36   Link #6284
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
I'm not discounting the possibility that Athena did do something, but acknowledging the possibility that she didn't. Occam's Razor takes the possibility with fewer assumptions. That would be the one saying she didn't do anything except give him confidence.
Fair enough, although Im not sure why you would want to do that

Quote:
He doesn't show a significant difference in endurance until he's undergone a training that would give him that endurance normally, and we've seen that it's still growing stronger.
If the spell simply made a jump in his endurance, would we still be seeing increases of such magnitude ten years later?
There is no way to measure Hayate's pre-power up endurance since he was never in a situation that would test it before he met Athena, and she pretty much buffed him almost right after meeting with himcso discussing this point is meaningless for both sides now.

Quote:
The only 'superhuman' thing Hayate has done in his circumstances has been to pull things out of thin air, standard for anime/manga characters and having absolutely nothing to do with Athena's spell.
He can also ride a bike faster than a sport's car, get hit full force by a moving car/truck and survive and although a bit far fetched and maybe unrelated to this...travel through time.

edit: wasnt he pierced/scrapped deeply more than enough times by Midas on the most recent arc as well? Im surprised the guy can still stand
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 22:52   Link #6285
New/Old
Old to the New

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
He can also ride a bike faster than a sport's car, get hit full force by a moving car/truck and survive and although a bit far fetched and maybe unrelated to this...travel through time.
Don't forget. He also jumped off a bullet train going at normal speed and took a tumble.
Old 2010-03-23, 01:38   Link #6286
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

After watching the second season of Hayate the anime, I came to want to read the manga. And so, few days ago with the start of spring break, I finally had time to sit down and read through the manga. And man, it was sooo great. And as luck would have it, my timing was perfect as I was able to read the entire current Athena arc without a break (till chp 265). I must say, the child Athena arc and this portion was my favorite so far. After marathoning up till now, it feels as if the manga has ended.

Until I read the Athena sections, I was all for Hayate x Hinagiku ending, but now, even though it seems very unlikely at this point, I'm hoping for Hayate x Athena ending
Old 2010-03-23, 07:51   Link #6287
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Until I read the Athena sections, I was all for Hayate x Hinagiku ending, but now, even though it seems very unlikely at this point, I'm hoping for Hayate x Athena ending
I'd say Hayate x Athena is even more unlikely now, lol.
Old 2010-03-23, 09:50   Link #6288
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Athena still has that notorious ability of her to attract other shippers.

Even if it's .01%, it's the same as 100% in Gurren Lagann. ^^
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 09:52   Link #6289
Bangirasu

Not chapter of Hayate this week?
Bangirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 10:42   Link #6290
ridgezipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
No, this was a one-of-occurrence where Athena was very angry at Hayate for flirting with another girl (Even though it wasn’t his fault :/).
ohhh o___o so that's how it is ...

Quote:
Personally, I never thought that Hayate getting hit or punished by the girls very funny. Not when Hina does it, not when Athena does it, or when Nagi does it (the first two had their reasons, but Nagi does it at times when it isn't even his fault)
ahh, it's comedic in a way for me.. guess it really is relative..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildArms View Post
wtf happened in the last chapter!? EVERYTHING WAS DOING SO WELL, IS THERE A FREAKING LAW BUTLERS CANT HAVE A LOVER?! HE IS JUST GRATEFULL TO NAGI, HE IS NO LOLI LOVAR DARN, Hata will go to jail if hayate falls in love with nagi lulz (anyway for me is obvious he just sees her as a really beloved sister)
none... but there's prolly a tacit agreement that hayate remains single or else it's the end for the harem manga

hayatexnagi makes a lot of sense ^^; she's the person hayate wants to protect the most.. the difference is only 3 yrs plus hayate isnt even an adult yet..,

speaking of which, who knows there'd be hayate x athena when they're both 21 <3 (lol, but that's just wishful thinking hehe)

===

and on the subject of adults ... any spoilers about the development of hina's sister and the p.e. teacher? im looking forward to that too.,
(sorry forgot the names lol)
ridgezipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 10:58   Link #6291
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

What I'm really hoping for (though again, unlikely), is that Athena comes back to Japan, and then we have a love square with the main (?) heroines, Ayumu, Hina, Athena. This way, Athena can still have a chance. Though I guess there is still Nagi, Isumi, Izumi, and maybe Sakuya? At this point, I see Nagi and Hayate as more of sibling love than romantic love.

I mean, come on, its obvious Hayate and Athena still loves each other
Old 2010-03-23, 14:15   Link #6292
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Spoiler for Replies to Bastion_Arcion, cut for size:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Athena still has that notorious ability of her to attract other shippers.
I may be an Athena fan, but that doesn't mean I think she is the best fit for Hayate. Or that she would ''win''.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangirasu View Post
Not chapter of Hayate this week?
Tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgezipline View Post
ahh, it's comedic in a way for me.. guess it really is relative..
Pretty much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
I mean, come on, its obvious Hayate and Athena still loves each other
Yes, it is clear that the feeling is mutual, but then again like I said before, it takes more than love to make a relationship work.
Old 2010-03-23, 18:55   Link #6293
Koroshiya_Kame_13

At least Athena assured to Hayate that "although the chances that we'll meet are small, that day will eventually come". So I guess the author hasn't left out Athena and might be planning for her next appearance.
Old 2010-03-24, 06:00   Link #6294
Used Can

And, that day, the Ide will decide to take control, and we already know what happened when it did.
Old 2010-03-24, 07:19   Link #6295
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

ch266 spoilers are almost here....and we still have no ch265 RAWs?
Old 2010-03-24, 08:15   Link #6296
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
ch266 spoilers are almost here....and we still have no ch265 RAWs?
You know Shounen Sundays don't officially release until Wednesdays, right? Which is today?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 08:22   Link #6297
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

OK OK DONT GO CRAZY GUYS, THE CHAPTER ENDED WHEN ATHENA SAID IT (she is not going back), so something may happen!.
Though i know is not probable... i just freaking hope hayate becomes A REAL MAN IN NEXT CHAPTER, I DUNNO there ARE SOME GOOD THINGS he could do so Athena would not feel insecure about hayate's relationship with nagi (hayate is not ped0)...but.... BUT, the problem is.... HAYATE IS AN IDIOT... NOOoooOOO. and why would athena feel insecure anyway!? after all that happened!? this smells like hata just want us to run around circles... hata... or SHONEN!? that way they get more monah.
Darn i was finally getting happy and now this happens....
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 08:26   Link #6298
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You know Shounen Sundays don't officially release until Wednesdays, right? Which is today?
Shounen Sundays

Release on Wednesdays....?

JAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!
Old 2010-03-24, 08:40   Link #6299
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It used to be that the RAWs would come out sometime around Sunday or Monday (I think?); it's only recently that they've been this late.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 09:00   Link #6300
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

As far as ive seen, HnG has the more random releases of all the manga i read
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen