AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 24 27.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 35.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 14.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 19.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-12, 15:00   Link #41
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
Well since Mugi's keyboard is a KORG Triton, I guess Tri-tan would work.
Key-Ko could be a better name. But remember she owns a keytar too.

I don't think she needs to name her instruments as long as they speak to her and fill her mind up with new songs.....

Quote:
Ritsu's Yamaha Hipgig is a bit harder to nickname though.
She could just name it Yama* to scare Mio , but if she needs a name for it, I think Hippie should be good enough.

* - Shinto/Buddhist God of Hell.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-12, 18:28   Link #42
Ezilled

The wrapping up for this episode was way too short. It could have been better if they added more gags and humors on the second half.

But nonetheless, I chuckled a few times in Yui's antics with her guitar. Personally, I liked the scenes where Yui was having a Gitah withdrawal and carried it on the class the next day.

Looks like the next episode will be centered on Mio. In before that Skull or Barnacles joke strikes again.
Old 2010-05-12, 18:53   Link #43
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
Is it just me or is Yui's voice rather deep during certain times in the episode, like her "finally" after she destroys her guitar cover? Really slow paced episode this time around. Interestingly, none of the episodes have referred to an upcoming concert, unlike S1 where all but 2 have at least a part dedicated to a future concert or practicing for it.
Scared me at first.
Old 2010-05-12, 19:02   Link #44
Qikz

Really enjoyed the episode this week, but I've enjoyed all of them.

I laughed alot when Ui was in her room and she heard the strange noise only to find out that it was Yui scratching on the wall.
Old 2010-05-12, 19:05   Link #45
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

That senior teacher seems to know that Sawachan is totally slack when alone with the girls.
Old 2010-05-12, 19:27   Link #46
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
That senior teacher seems to know that Sawachan is totally slack when alone with the girls.
Was that the same Senior teacher Sawa-chan was sitting with on the train in Episode 5? I think she walked around with her for a bit in the episode too. Maybe she worked out what was going on and had a go at her for it.
Old 2010-05-12, 21:39   Link #47
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

This week on K-ON!!

- We learn that Yui is neither heterosexual (sorry, otaku fanboys, and guys who find that she's alarmingly hot in a maid costume,) nor a lesbian (sorry Mugi, sorry siscon fanboys.) She's Gitahsexual! Seriously Gitahsexual. Psychology students could do their Ph.D theses on this!
- More nameless girls get speaking parts! What's up with that!
- Sawa-chan tries to get tough on her students just in time for teacher performance evaluation season.
- Azusa goes on an internet shopping spree!
- Yui names Mio's bass! Demonstrates that being instrument-sexual is a communicable condition.
- Everybody Ui has ever killed comes back from the grave to get their revenge! That, or the mice infesting their house have gotten into the radioactive cheese again . . . no wait, it's just Yui!

It was cute. It was funny. For some reason, I can't call it more than merely "good," though.

7 Sawa-chans molesting Yui out of 10.
Old 2010-05-12, 21:43   Link #48
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezilled View Post
But nonetheless, I chuckled a few times in Yui's antics with her guitar. Personally, I liked the scenes where Yui was having a Gitah withdrawal and carried it on the class the next day.
Yui gave me an impression of cat scratching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
We have to remember that Sawa-chan used to be a student in that school. I wouldn't be surprised if that teacher was there back in Sawa-chan's wild days.

Sawa-chan slacking shows she hasn't much matured.
Old 2010-05-12, 22:14   Link #49
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This episode did little more then affirm the fact (for me anyways) that Yui is a deranged freaking retard.

She's like borderline genius and insane at the same time. Being able to tell how many eighths of a note off your guitar is is pretty damn crazy, I imagine it's something that would take years and years of play and practice to get down.

And at the same time she's exhibiting some psychological traits that are borderline scary.

Ah well, HIMEKO SPOKE SOME MORE IN THIS EPISODE.

HIGH FIVE EVERYONE.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2010-05-12, 22:34   Link #50
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
She's like borderline genius and insane at the same time. Being able to tell how many eighths of a note off your guitar is is pretty damn crazy, I imagine it's something that would take years and years of play and practice to get down.
I think it's called having perfect pitch. It's something you're born being able to do, and it's not even close to being unique to Yui.
Old 2010-05-12, 22:53   Link #51
FateAnomaly

Yui walks like she is drunk. Has she achieved the highest level in cloudcuckoolanding?
Old 2010-05-12, 23:14   Link #52
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Yui walks like she is drunk. Has she achieved the highest level in cloudcuckoolanding?
Nothing new to me. Freinds have told me I sometimes walk like I don't understand what the term "sobriety" means.
Old 2010-05-12, 23:19   Link #53
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Was that the same Senior teacher Sawa-chan was sitting with on the train in Episode 5? I think she walked around with her for a bit in the episode too. Maybe she worked out what was going on and had a go at her for it.
Caught her sleeping in their room too during the field trip. But this is the K-on universe, there are no mean senior teachers! She probably turns a blind eye...
Old 2010-05-12, 23:26   Link #54
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Yui gets cat scratch fever... I LOL'd
Old 2010-05-12, 23:27   Link #55
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
This episode did little more then affirm the fact (for me anyways) that Yui is a deranged freaking retard.

I thought you, as an otaku, should be familiar with this kind of behavior.

Maniac passion! Go go go!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-12, 23:34   Link #56
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
We learn that Yui is neither heterosexual (sorry, otaku fanboys, and guys who find that she's alarmingly hot in a maid costume,) nor a lesbian (sorry Mugi, sorry siscon fanboys.) She's Gitahsexual! Seriously Gitahsexual. Psychology students could do their Ph.D theses on this!
To serious answer that....is it not more like she is just object obsessed? I mean she sleeps with the guitar and sees it as a person. Kind of reminds of somethings I heard about people being addicted to their PS3 or Xbox360.
Old 2010-05-12, 23:43   Link #57
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

And at the same time she's exhibiting some psychological traits that are borderline scary.

Ah well, HIMEKO SPOKE SOME MORE IN THIS EPISODE.

HIGH FIVE EVERYONE.
I think the term is "idiot savant" ... she's a high-functioning version of Dustin Hoffman's "Rainman" (that character was insane good with mathematics?).

And yes, high five for Himeko.
Old 2010-05-12, 23:55   Link #58
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Frankly, I've been loving this second season a lot more than I did the first. I'm susceptible enough to the kind of moefest the first season was, but this season actually seems to be building up the cast quite a bit better; always a plus.
Old 2010-05-13, 00:20   Link #59
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I think it's called having perfect pitch. It's something you're born being able to do, and it's not even close to being unique to Yui.
I never said it was unique, just that (as you noted) it's a talent she was born with, leaving her to be stupid otherwise .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I thought you, as an otaku, should be familiar with this kind of behavior.

Maniac passion! Go go go!
Sure I'm an otaku but you would never see me scratching the walls or the like the way she did here. Also, I've never given names to anything I've ever owned, but I don't consider that unique to otaku behavior though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think the term is "idiot savant" ... she's a high-functioning version of Dustin Hoffman's "Rainman" (that character was insane good with mathematics?).

And yes, high five for Himeko.
People that are born with that type of gift are usually socially incapable otherwise.

I SUPPOSE THIS EXPLAINS A WHOLE DAMN LOT DOESN'T IT?

And as a heads up, so noone thinks I'm 'trolling', I love Yui, even if she's a complete fucking moron.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2010-05-13, 01:50   Link #60
k3fan

I loved this episode and the fact that Kyoani puts immense details in the backgrounds. Good backgrounds help make the story more alive.

The title 梅雨 = plum rain,what the June-July rainy season is called in Japan. The rains start up when the plums are ripe according to the old Chinese saying.

Glad Yui didn't store gitah in that Nashville warehouse. Many irreplaceable instruments used by the best session musicians were destroyed in the recent floods. http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2...aged-in-flood/

Last edited by k3fan; 2010-05-13 at 02:12.
Closed Thread