Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-17, 21:37   Link #61
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Well, most of the jokes as it comes from the manga is because Kanna is

1. As someone not used to matters of sexuality she will obviously be very embarrased about it as shown, and
2. In a way she's quite perverse herself even if she doesn't realize it until it's too late herself.

The OVA did go the usual anime route of emphasizing the ecchi parts, with many one-panel shots in the manga having several seconds devoted to it in the anime, and some anime original moments (like Kanna and her cellphone *ehem* ). But they did nail the things that make the entire industry so awkward in the first place.

And the only thing really admittedly "illegal" so to speak is the fact that Kanna is working for the eroge industry at 16 years, but not only did Kanna have the option of not accepting the work (despite the emotional blackmailing), but she did realize she needed to give back to her family in a financial capacity, even if it is working for something she isn't comfortable with. So while it's a thin line, Kanna does go into the work with consent.

It's hardly like she has to actually do the deed (although there are several jokes of that nature in the manga). And as another character mentions in later chapters, they're only saying such things because it's their job, otherwise the ecchi parts are off limits. As someone who's honestly read and seen much, much worse cases of sexual exploitation in both IRL and in media Koe De Oshigoto isn't even on the level of "exploitation" that would demand raising an eyebrow at, with the only unusual matter being the subject matter of the product they're making. Otherwise, they're just your typical VN game company.

I was kinda bummed that the OVA OP showed

Spoiler for Future Chara:

And yet knowing that the OVA is only 30 minutes long means they couldn't get to that particular part right away. Maybe if they release a second OVA, which if they stick to the manga would steer the OVA into a rom-com.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 22:01   Link #62
Seiryuu

Short manga bit:
Spoiler for onii-san:

Yes, this is an OVA. That means straight to DVD, never airs. With the way things are going, give it another year and they possibly could air it though. I mean, so many shows are pushing the limits.

One thing I've noticed is that there have been a few shows lately with characters who are focused on sex but never do any. Take B Gata H Kei for example, a girl who wants to have 100 friends with benefits in high school but can't even seem to lose her virginity when she falls in love and starts to feel she won't need another 99. And in this one, the girl's such a pervert that she can go all the way with a DAYDREAM, but she's got no experience at all.
I must admit, it's an interesting setup to contrast the constantly building sexual tension and desire with the development of a romance that doesn't even really seem to need sex to work, they'd be fine waiting and taking it slow. Can't wait until the other guy in the opening is brought in. He and Kanna's friends are among the best. And I wonder if they'll show the part where
Spoiler:

I don't know about the first removed orgasm, but I think the way they did it with the second one actually works better. It's a little amusing to see the girl suddenly find herself having an orgasm in a computer chair, it's even better to see her almost have one, fall out of her chair, and hit her head.
One odd thing is, I don't recall the manga ever showing a nipple.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 22:44   Link #63
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Whoa. That was a little crazy. I laughed so hard when she started sucking her finger in the classroom, haha.

The other voice actress is pretty hot. I wonder if she says those typical lines when she has sex out of habit, haha.

I'll be sure to watch the next episode when no one is home, lol.

And why do they censor the words? Sorry if someone answered that already, but I don't have the time to read much this week.
Old 2010-11-17, 23:41   Link #64
Rin-chan

Send a message via AIM to Rin-chan Send a message via MSN to Rin-chan
I honestly dont know what to think of this anime....

But I do know one thing, I feel really bad for Kanna :x
Rin-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 00:17   Link #65
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The other voice actress is pretty hot. I wonder if she says those typical lines when she has sex out of habit, haha.
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2010-11-18, 00:55   Link #66
Forsaken_Infinity

ROFL.

Absolutely brilliant. This was so much fun.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 01:59   Link #67
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

The debut episode was really good, and it covered the first 6 chapters from the manga pretty faithfully. I've read up to Ch 15 and have to say the cast overall is quite entertaining which makes for some truly funny scenes. Its as hilarious as it is vulgar and I look forward to the next episode.
Old 2010-11-18, 02:54   Link #68
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Man, Ryuumaru's subs gave me false hope. The subs said it was "Hiroki's brother", implying that Kanna knows another childhood friend apart from oniichan. Japanese friend of mine said it was mistranslated or something, as he's pretty sure the first name of Nagatoshi is Hioki.

So bah, there goes my double pairing. Oh well, I guess I have to settle with Onee-chanXOnii-chan pairing, as I have a pretty good feeling about them. Still in close proximity, working in the same job after all these years gotta mean something. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 03:00   Link #69
Lumine
Band Army Member

I've been waiting for this for a while.... It turned out pretty good.

Btw, the mangaka really loves his earlier work "Puberty Crazes" , the heroine and her 2 friends on that H-doujin are almost exactly as Kana and her friends...
Old 2010-11-18, 03:22   Link #70
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

My first thought when I read the manga was, "Kanna doesn't know what a penis looks like? And she's SIXTEEN?!?!?" I thought Japan was a little more on top of their sex education than that. Then again, they DO have a declining population....

Regardless, I can't believe they actually made an anime out of this. So... is this considered a hentai or what? Or is the word-censoring make it more... "softcore"? In any case, it's a good thing that it's an OVA, because there's no way it would ever, EVER get produced if they planned to air it.
Old 2010-11-18, 06:01   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh man, that was amazing. Soooooo hilarious

I didn't expect this OVA to be so graphic (RAINBOW DICKS! Better than mosaic in my opinion) despite the subject matter. It's weird they can show so much and yet have to censor the words. The way they did it was pretty funny though, like using a "nyan" sound for pussy, so no complaints. Kanna is incredibly cute and suprisingly perverted. She's just found the perfect job for her.

The voice acting was very good, it'd be fun to see the actual recording of the OVA. I doubt it's anywhere as arousing
Yes, I found some scenes very arousing, the finger fellatio in particular. Keep it up, Kanna!
Old 2010-11-18, 06:17   Link #72
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

My reaction: "Oh s***, this is freakin' hilarious!"

It was funny in the manga, but when watching and listening the animated version was just...hahahahahaha XD My sides hurt. That awkwardness and embarrassment.

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 07:08   Link #73
uis

MY MAKO SAID THAT WORD... MY MAKO SAID THAT ECCHI LINES...

Okay the OVA is really good and more awesome especially they actually animated all that ecchi scenes... I am manga reader and i am very satisfied with the adaption but...

I NEED MORE TIMES BECAUSE MY MAKO SAID THAT THINGS... WHY MAKO WHYY... but i like it...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 08:09   Link #74
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Spoiler for manga:
I thought from the OP that wasn't the case. I am surprised but oddly enough, I like her more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't expect this OVA to be so graphic (RAINBOW DICKS! Better than mosaic in my opinion) despite the subject matter. It's weird they can show so much and yet have to censor the words. The way they did it was pretty funny though, like using a "nyan" sound for pussy, so no complaints. Kanna is incredibly cute and suprisingly perverted. She's just found the perfect job for her.
The creative censoring was really funny. I laughed at the rainbow too. Rainbows do symbolize happiness after all...
Quote:
I doubt it's anywhere as arousing
Yes, I found some scenes very arousing, the finger fellatio in particular. Keep it up, Kanna!
Yeah, I think it's normal for your blood to move a little faster with this.
Old 2010-11-18, 18:17   Link #75
Seiryuu

Actually, I think the censor for Kanna is "Iyan(Noo!)", which sort of fits with Fumika's "Dame". After looking through stuff on Mako, I see she's also Yurie from Kamichu. It's cool they got a seiyuu who apparently doesn't have any experience with the H seiyuu work (as far as I've heard), but I can't help but wonder how they convince a good seiyuu who's already established to do a role that comes so close to the 18+ boundary?

BTW, is a release date set for the next volume?
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 20:22   Link #76
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 21:19   Link #77
Qikz

err... wow...

I won't go into details of how good that was, or what I felt afterwards, I'll just say wow. That voice acting... *faints*
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 21:49   Link #78
Jaden

This is hot. And also hilarious. Makes me wonder how it's really like to record that stuff...must be funny...never mind the embarassment, how do they keep a straight face? Actually how in character are they actually getting?? I'll just get my vodka so I can stop thinking about this now.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 22:25   Link #79
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai Feng View Post
My reaction: "Oh s***, this is freakin' hilarious!"

It was funny in the manga, but when watching and listening the animated version was just...hahahahahaha XD My sides hurt. That awkwardness and embarrassment.
Among all the variants of Koe De Oshigoto I found first drama CD to be the funniest one(and it had more fitting seiyu). They didn't have to rush there, and no graphic disturbance brought out the most out of it.

Last edited by SinsI; 2010-11-18 at 22:37.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 01:08   Link #80
Goblinator

Apparently, My anime taste is out of touch with what anime fans actually like, and I wanted to rectify that, so today, I decided to download the most seeded anime without even knowing what the hell it was all about. So basically, a teenage girl sucking on a finger, and then she started drooling all over it. Okay, I think I'll go back to my outdated anime for grumpy old men.

Have fun with your sexual shenanigans.
Goblinator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, not for children, seinen