AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-06, 10:22   Link #241
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Out of the new generations of showcased warriors in Rebellion Mirim stands as my favorite.

She's gullible but sweet and dedicated to her family, and I was very upset that she was turned into a warrior with aid of the Hyper Vibration Armor, courtesy of our loli Iron-Strategist Ymir, to fight and suppress Annelotte.

Mirim's not like that, but the situation will call for her to let out her unwilling warrior potential for the big battles ahead.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 17:02   Link #242
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
She's gullible but sweet and dedicated to her family, and I was very upset that she was turned into a warrior with aid of the Hyper Vibration Armor, courtesy of our loli Iron-Strategist Ymir, to fight and suppress Annelotte.
I pitied her, and how Ymir forces innocent loli in the world of pervertedness....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 22:52   Link #243
gustyvedova

QBR ED in Russian! I enjoy this version more than the original.

http://youtu.be/aJRlagC5yMc
gustyvedova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 05:39   Link #244
sweet_kungfuman

I also loves Mirim (i never follow QB before but I decide to watch Rebellion just because of her XD). My favorite moment is in episode 4 where she wears a cape, coolness +8 while still retaining her cute and innocent look (an incredible feat I must say). Though she tripped after that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustyvedova View Post
QBR ED in Russian! I enjoy this version more than the original.

http://youtu.be/aJRlagC5yMc
I can't tell which one is better, but I can confidently says that the russian singer is a real pro!
sweet_kungfuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 09:19   Link #245
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for QBR 04 - Not Quite a Silent Whisper:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 10:03   Link #246
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for QBR 04 - Not Quite a Silent Whisper:
Spoiler for recent episode:
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 10:46   Link #247
sweet_kungfuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
I hope we are out of the Mirim story line for good. It is painfully cliche.
I think you should watch queen blade because of the character, not for the story ... the story is just a bonus

Imagine if Hobby Japan substitute all the current casts with a standard full armor medieval warriors (with most of them are men), remove all the fanservice (this is probably good since most of the cast are men. I really don't want to see a middle aged priest doing a sexy pose lol) Are you still going to watch it ?

but I do think that QBR story and premise are better than most harem anime these days ^^; (the fanservice is also way better)
Old 2012-05-08, 11:52   Link #248
CGrascal

Spoiler for Episode 6:
CGrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 14:36   Link #249
gustyvedova

Ok, now that's Queen's blade! Amazing how the series went from the worst episode in the entire series (ep 5) to one that might possible be the best (ep 6)! Faith in QB restored. I hope it doesn't disappoint again.
Old 2012-05-08, 15:27   Link #250
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 6:
Old 2012-05-08, 17:31   Link #251
gustyvedova

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 6:
Well... I won't spoil anything, but they're not elven ears, but half-demons ears.
Old 2012-05-08, 17:32   Link #252
Clank

The annoying point with gustyvedova is that he always post my exact thoughts a few hours before I do it myself !

That last episode is rather different than the first three seasons of QB and is very nice: this is how Rebellion must be !
Also I thought Ymir became a true vilain and improved martial skills... In the end, she's still the token joker of the show, love her scream when she took a barrel in the face

Edit:
Quote:
Well... I won't spoil anything, but they're not elven ears, but half-demons ears.
Gasp ! He strikes again !
Clank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 19:05   Link #253
gustyvedova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clank View Post
The annoying point with gustyvedova is that he always post my exact thoughts a few hours before I do it myself !

That last episode is rather different than the first three seasons of QB and is very nice: this is how Rebellion must be !
Also I thought Ymir became a true vilain and improved martial skills... In the end, she's still the token joker of the show, love her scream when she took a barrel in the face

Edit:

Gasp ! He strikes again !
I'm always ahead of your thoughts! Nah, actually I just have more spare time to post here first than you but it's nice to know you agree with my opinions, I think we enjoy the show for the same reasons then.

About Ymir, I also agree with you: they finally managed to build a strong anthagonist on her, yet keeping some of its humor. I lol'ed hard when Vante threw her away to save Annelotte.
Old 2012-05-08, 19:22   Link #254
CGrascal

Quote:
Can't say that it's too much of a spoiler with Aldra, since it's stated in her Rebellion character background, she's half demon.
CGrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 19:37   Link #255
Midonin
Last Engage

We also saw her in the previous series, it's not like her identity is a huge secret. Her appearance and her voice actor are different, but she herself is not.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 09:13   Link #256
J-Xi

Ep. 6 is quite possibly the most enjoyable episode in the series, so far. I really enjoy this episode more so than I enjoyed ep. 1, 3 and 4. Let’s hope they keep the story moving in this direction.

@ars89, I can only tell you to wait for few more weeks. I don’t want to spoil anything.

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Old 2012-05-10, 02:56   Link #257
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I really liked the fifth episode, as there was lots of plot progression and quite a few good fights.

Annelotte's strong fighting-spirit won Branwen's respect.

Ymir, as always, is so machiavellanly evil and delightful, particularly changing her voice and attitude.

Yes, and I agree it would be smart that the plot moves from the Mirim arc, since the story needs to attend to other arcs with Annelotte finding a way to get to Claudette and engaging the Queen to a death battle.

BTW, Shanyang and Tanyang are so funny and quite adept sisters with martial arts, spells, and true gourmets when it comes to gulping down food.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 08:47   Link #258
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.5

so yea give annelotte & female harem crew trying to rescue mirim give they meet 2 kung fu females on diner who show them a gate & give a kung fu power up as a thank.

then enter the gate oh it that con-money person all bandage give "info" to where ymir but annelotte have to fight branwen (give get shock treatment by creepy gold tooth goblin not cool).

but it another con-trick at least siggy burn the con-man again oh fight was wow give end draw due kung-fu power up & branwen spare them & tell where ymir is hiding.

then found ymir & blah then run the guards cause lunaluna did it again see mirim but the bridge so another day to rescue.

next ep pirate girl, flower, & "yikes".
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 09:33   Link #259
Peanutbutter

Player 2 Annelotte is strong. Question is, how strong is she?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 21:29   Link #260
sweet_kungfuman

episode 5 is great! I have to add Shai-Fang duo to the list of my favorites characters ^^. Dine & Dash FTW !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Player 2 Annelotte is strong. Question is, how strong is she?
Spoiler for according to the books:

mmm .. I wonder who Mirim will end up with? Is she going to be Anellotte's girlfriend in the future?
Spoiler for according to the books again:

Last edited by sweet_kungfuman; 2012-05-10 at 21:39.

Tags
adventure, fantasy