AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-01-07, 12:13   Link #21
Eclipze

Yea, if you read further chapters, you'd realise that he wasn't much manly to begin with. He needed a girl to protect him....this should tell you alot.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 13:55   Link #22
eggplant
Eggplant

You know it's running late when you post in the wrong thread

So, the original contents goes into the Kage kara Mamoru! thread.

Sorry ^^;

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 01:30   Link #23
Tsunehiko
J.K.T.

Send a message via AIM to Tsunehiko
Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl ~

And the story goes: (info from www.animenfo.com)

Hazumu confessed his love to Yasuna, but was turned down. To ease his pain, he went to Mt. Kashimayama where he’d first met her. However, he became lost and night fell. Suddenly, he saw a big shooting star in the sky. As he began to make a wish, he abruptly realised that it wasn’t a shooting star, but a falling space ship! Although he was injured in the crash, he managed to survive through the help of the alien occupant. However, he became a girl due to an accident during the reconstruction of his body.

I wanted to know if any group has announced they will be subbing this series?

It has a great voice cast (Kana Ueda = Yumi from Maria-sama ga Miteru; Yui Horie = way too many good examples but for quick reference, Naru from love hina; Tamura Yukari = Sugiura Aoi from Mai hime/otome)

My first impressions were that it sounded a little 'odd', but I think this could have great potential for a good comedy/romance series, especially with the selected seiyuu.

Well, besides if knowing if any group has announced or shows interest in subbing this (this is FUTURE TENSE moderators) any other thoughts on this series?
Tsunehiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 01:45   Link #24
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Doremi-fansubs might do it, if the first episode gives good faith to the manga.

But 3 awesome female seiyuus make this series an instant win for me.

And it's Sugiura "Midori" ^_^

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 01:53   Link #25
deathcoy

hmmm interesting...
wonder if the alien gonna play a big role...
prolly gonna be some shonen-ai anime but hopefully no yuri ending...
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 02:03   Link #26
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcoy
hmmm interesting...
You realise that this anime/maga has a very yuri-nature to it?

Last edited by Eclipze; 2006-01-11 at 06:25.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 02:49   Link #27
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcoy
hmmm interesting...
Uh, if the dude turns into a girl, how could it be shonen-ai? I'm thinking yuri and a half!

EDIT: here's my first impression of Kashimashi

Last edited by froinlaven; 2006-01-12 at 20:28.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 02:53   Link #28
ctrl-z
Un Nuovo Mondo

Thumbs up

Manga is a win. Here's to hoping for a good anime adaptation. Janpuu!
ctrl-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 03:08   Link #29
FET-Kun

A raw should pop up in the next day, I'll be watching for it! Even more so for a sub. No doubt someone will sub this...at least I hope.
FET-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 03:32   Link #30
setsuka

I can't wait to see it. I love the manga when I read it a few months ago.
setsuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 03:36   Link #31
NeoSam

Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ is a seinen(young men's) manga/anime (a yuri manga/anime for guys), and I already started a thread about this.

Edit: thanks for moving the thread ^^

I'm looking forward for this; yuri goodness , I love the manga and I hope they will follow it.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-01-11 at 04:21.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 12:27   Link #32
gnuffiehot

So Doremi-Fansubs is going to sub this? I sure hope so:X I know that the fansubgroup I'm in will have a crack as well (new fansubbing group) but we fail without a decent translator:X

Anyhoe, I really like the manga so far! So I'm hoping for the anime to be cool as well ^_^
gnuffiehot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 12:42   Link #33
eggplant
Eggplant

My first impressions of the just aired ep1.

Spoiler for not actually much to spoil, putting it in tags just to be prudent:

All in all, an enjoyable show and I hope someone pick it up for subbing.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 18:47   Link #34
Omniscient

Episode 01 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 19:02   Link #35
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Okay, so I'm biased. But I loved it. I could quibble about the character design not being quite as good as the manga, but I got used to it. The overall look was very sweet. Suited the piece well. The drama was played quite straight, mostly, so I really felt for Hazumu and Tomari-chan and Yasuna-chan at various times.

That's partly because of the great voice-acting: the three stars all gave their roles a very nice feeling. I was also maybe expecting a deeper voice for Hazumu at first, but the notion of playing it quite effeminate all the way through made sense, too. I thought Asano Masumi as the third girl (voice of wisdom) did a great job. I maybe wasn't quite as convinced by the teacher or the parents (edit: here is where I see the awkward comic timing mentioned in the next post), but the spaceman's voice sounded good, the little we heard it.

The climactic coming-back-to-earth scene was new from the manga, and maybe a bit more fanservicey even than there. As I said for the manga, if you hate fanservice, steer clear.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but hearing the third-rate native English voice-acting made me wonder if Engrish wouldn't have been just as good. Lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-01-11 at 20:37.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 19:13   Link #36
hi no ken Jebus

Ok first episode. I thought it moved a little slow, another thing was the pacing of the comedy it had like no timing. I third the Ueda thing it just didn't work as a male voice. Well it's an interesting concept I haven't read the manga so it's all new to me. I'll follow for 4 more eps who knows this might turn out to be like peto peto-san and wow me.
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 23:42   Link #37
ctrl-z
Un Nuovo Mondo

Heh, having read some of the manga, I must say that I enjoyed the first episode. The character designs were just right, and I had no qualms with the voices except for the aforementioned issues with Hazumu's male voice.

Spoiler:

Thumbs up for Kasimasi so far.
ctrl-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 00:06   Link #38
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I liked it. Gives good faith to the manga, and the comedy bits are quite good. The trio of female seiyuus really did a good job.

Note, this is a joint with another group, so this won't get the "3 day after raw" quickie treatment.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 00:59   Link #39
Sakuya
*Artist

I finally watched this episode. It was pretty good. I liked how Yasuna was in this episode a lot wherea she was pretty much in the start ofthe manga.

Spoiler:
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 01:15   Link #40
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Now, having read a couple volumes of the manga, I must say the relationships are very shallow and largely unbeleivable, to me at least. I like interpersonal drama between the characters of a series, but for the most part it just isn't really present here and what there is is just so miserable in its presentation it actually angers me. I mean...

Spoiler:
I, personally, wont be watching or reading anymore of this noisome trash. Watch it, enjoy it, if you like but I have to find the person who suggested this to me and punch them. -.-

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2006-01-13 at 00:47.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, genderbender, romance, seinen, yuri