AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-19, 22:35   Link #41
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_name_ever View Post
Not necessarily (about Joker's status). I mean, just because he quit the shichibukai, it doesn't he still doesn't have authority in Dressrosa. Will see but regardless, Joker is still feared and respected in Dressrosa, that's for sure.

Well yeah, but remember that the papers announced that he abdicated his throne, as well. So I just find it interesting that he's still referred to as the king when technically he SHOULDN'T be at this point. Another thing to note is what Sanji said last chapter about how odd it was to see that the townsfolk were so calm despite the news. Things like that are what lead me to believe that Dofla is spreading false info via the papers.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
We have already seen that just like they can sense it, they can also hide it. Animals don't have a reason to hide their presence, and they may not even be capable of it, so they are different than humans.

I dunno..... maybe it's just me, but I'd think that at least SOME prey animals would learn to conceal their presence in order to not get eaten by the big, bad predators!
Old 2013-03-19, 23:43   Link #42
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
We have already seen that just like they can sense it, they can also hide it. Animals don't have a reason to hide their presence, and they may not even be capable of it, so they are different than humans. And, even though close to the headquarters, Rayleigh was able to hide his presence successfully for years.

And even though we may not use is as an indicator (cause his opponent was not one of the strongest), Zoro was able to do something similar in his last fight. He showed his true colors at the end, after hiding his true strength earlier.
Hiding yourself
Saboady is may be close to where the old headquarters was, but it is a separate Island from the were the old MarineFord HQ was. I have never seen anyone being able to sense someone on another Island with mantra. Now if Rayleigh had been hiding on Marine Ford HQ island then I would not be asking that question. Luffy noticed the Blind Swordsmen power before he revealed his power. Rayleigh took Luffy to the Island training then started sensing them. Has for Zoro if you are referring to the Harpy battle, the harpy did not have any mantra skill to detect Zoro's power level with that I know of. She only recognized Zoro's power once he unleashed it in front of her. When she gauged Luffy during her confrontation, she went off the bounty and used her skills to determine how powerful Luffy was. If Daflamingo's mantra is on par or near Rayleighs, then he might detect the the blind man presence at the colosseum.
Old 2013-03-19, 23:46   Link #43
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong

ctrl.c ctrl.v!

And I'd love a tourny arc for a change!
Old 2013-03-20, 02:20   Link #44
Cutlas Don Gold

I've been saying it for years and am gonna say it again sanji is gonna inherit fire i wassnt expecting it to be ace's DF but its starting to look that way to me
Old 2013-03-20, 03:03   Link #45
mrShady

Quote:
Actually its supposed to be gladiators - classical MP error.
Ugh, yeah I noticed when I read another translation. Well that's the last panda release I'm gonna bother with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Thing is though, that Blackbeard first consumed a logia and got the paramecia afterwards.
There is also the point, that his fruit was the darkness fruit, and at the time he consumed Whitebeard's fruit, he was covered in darkness by his crew. I'm convinced that there is more to it than him just wanting that nobody can see what he is doing.
You might be right, but since there's nothing to go on might as well stick to what we know. The speculation of Luffy getting another DF is already pretty over the top as it is.
Old 2013-03-20, 04:40   Link #46
Meloria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Hmm I wonder if Blackbeard or someone from his crew will come to claim the Mera Mera fruit, if they're still looking to collect all the strongest fruits it wouldn't be too far fetched. Could you just imagine Blackbeard getting his hands on it in front of Luffy, now that I would love to see.
Have also been leaning on this theory myself back when the fruit was reintroduced, I just couldn't think of a plausible scenario that could lead them here. The tournament setting with a prize kind of solves that problem, but I guess they could just waltz in and take it regardless of the rules! I wouldn't expect Blackbeard himself to be there though, probably one or two of his crew members, but who knows?
Old 2013-03-20, 08:36   Link #47
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
You could try Yu Yu Hakusho if you want a good tournament. I never liked the one in Fairy Tail, but I'm sure Oda will do a better job than that.
yes, i've seen that too. as well as flame of recca. i didn't like them that much.
Old 2013-03-20, 08:48   Link #48
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Thing is though, that Blackbeard first consumed a logia and got the paramecia afterwards.
There is also the point, that his fruit was the darkness fruit, and at the time he consumed Whitebeard's fruit, he was covered in darkness by his crew. I'm convinced that there is more to it than him just wanting that nobody can see what he is doing.
i really don't consider BB's darkness fruit as a logia...
Old 2013-03-20, 08:56   Link #49
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
yes, i've seen that too. as well as flame of recca. i didn't like them that much.
well, that's as good as a tournament can get imo. If Oda can do it better, then more respect for him
Old 2013-03-20, 09:48   Link #50
Spammowarrior

Quote:

Anyhow, to all bloggers and members of this forum!!!!!!!!!

Who is willing to bet on who is gonna get the mera-mera-fruit or NOT get the mera-mera-fruit?
My bet is coby.
Also I'm pretty sure somebody is going to have it, otherwise it would be kind of wasted (as a power, i mean)

Also, I don't think Dofla is faking the news (remember the marines talking about it?), I simply think he's hiding it from his people.
Old 2013-03-20, 10:24   Link #51
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
well, that's as good as a tournament can get imo. If Oda can do it better, then more respect for him
i'd rather not see them fight in a tournament. i'd rather have them cause a ruckus while the tournament is going on. maybe declare war on dresrosa? steal the mera mera no mi? or like what my friend suggested, blow up the stadium!
Old 2013-03-20, 16:57   Link #52
Undertaker

I also don't see an actually tournament fight either, it'll be too drawn out and strait the focus away from the original Smile factory plot.

That said, I can see them messing up the actual tourney or leaving either Sanji or Zoro there to set up one of their match while the rest advances the story on the search of the factory.

That being said, I more interested in the cover story that apparently it's setting up Caribou to join Revolutionary through the mistaken identity.
Old 2013-03-20, 19:56   Link #53
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
That being said, I more interested in the cover story that apparently it's setting up Caribou to join Revolutionary through the mistaken identity.
Where the real boss of the army will show up and then Caribou kills him and forever takes his place and then turn it into another pirate crew.
Old 2013-03-20, 21:34   Link #54
marvelB

Speaking of the tournament, I haven't really commented much on it yet, but I AM actually pretty interested in seeing who the rest of the participants are. If they're powerful dudes from all around the NW, then this arc probably won't be the last we'll see some of them, depending on who stands out from the rest.

As far as Dofla's crew goes, I'm actually pretty interested in that Senor Pink guy (a fat dude with a pacifier AND hot chicks? Whoa!). Lao G caught my interest, as well (I like how his name sounds like a Chinese kung-fu master's, yet at the same time it kind of sounds like the English "lousy" ). Whether or not the tournament will focus on individual matches I can't say, but I am at least hoping that most of those guys will show off some unique abilities.....
Old 2013-03-20, 21:36   Link #55
danielevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammowarrior View Post
My bet is coby.
Also I'm pretty sure somebody is going to have it, otherwise it would be kind of wasted (as a power, i mean)

Also, I don't think Dofla is faking the news (remember the marines talking about it?), I simply think he's hiding it from his people.
im aggree with that too

i have feeling that coby will has mera mera fruit

but that just my feeling
Old 2013-03-20, 22:19   Link #56
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Lol Coby eats Mera mera or Garp....

Garp: BURNING FIST OF LOVEEEE
Old 2013-03-20, 23:08   Link #57
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I still don't see Luffy caring about the devil fruit, It just doesn't fit with his character. Makes me eager to see his reaction next week.

Also Gaburu on the cover might have something to do with Dragon and the revolutionary army.
Old 2013-03-21, 01:27   Link #58
marvelB

^They don't necessarily have to be related. In fact, I think it would be even funnier if they just coincidentally happen to resemble each other. They could be kinda like those goofy "twin" detectives from the Tintin series (who, despite being almost completely identical to each other (even by name), are NOT related to each other! ).
Old 2013-03-21, 01:29   Link #59
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
It reminds me of Sanji and the wanted poster. A guy ended up having the drawing's picture xD
Old 2013-03-21, 01:35   Link #60
marvelB

^There's that too, but in Sanji's case he at least wasn't completely identical to Duval.
Closed Thread