AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 14 21.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 23.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-13, 19:10   Link #281
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I'm so game for that. But Japan is stingy with their hour long specials. I can't remember the last time I saw an hour long special for an anime. They usually leave the hour+ stuff for OVAs these days.
I know. It's a shame really. I know Naruto has had hour long episodes before. But that's Naruto.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:11   Link #282
kivredia

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
They both develop as a character pair. The story focuses on their relationship with one another. They compliment each other perfectly. Haruto has a degree of trust and faith in L-elf that he does not have for anyone else. L-elf views Haruto as being similar to Liselotte. Haruto was first "penetrated" by L-elf (remember the knife in the chest) and Haruto and L-elf became "one" so early in the series so yea. They sleep in the same room, open up more to each other than anyone else, and show their worst moments to each other. Haruto is the first person that L-elf called by his first name (remember episode 12) in JIOR. He's closer to L-elf than his childhood friend Shoko and that's saying something.

The amount of fanart and I believe the blu-ray sales were pretty darn low to be considered mainstream.
At this point an L-Elf x Haruto ending might be the one which makes most "sense". This doesn't have to be in any way romantic but I really hoped the story would go in this way and the last episode was finally doing it. If this would be the half way point(or had happened at the end of S1) we could have had a season of L-Elf and Haruto curb stomping ARUS, Dorssia and the Magius all at once. Both of them enabling the other to accomplish his goals with their unique strengths.

Sadly I expect more of the usual cliche ending(including Zessica 2.0 and I am not prepared ...)for the last 2 episodes.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:16   Link #283
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I know. It's a shame really. I know Naruto has had hour long episodes before. But that's Naruto.
Naruto hasn't had any hour long specials in years. *sigh* Well, VVV's finale may so epic that it'll feel like an hour was contained in 22 mins...XD
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:18   Link #284
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Oh no! Poor A-drei and Saki. They deserved their respective love interests after all the pain and devotion! At least we hope they are swingers.
Obviously they should go for a foursome polygomy there. Solves everything. Next episode they drop in on Shoko in Carmilla. "Hey, we all got married on moon."

And besides, if Saki doesn't deserve her own harem as its queen at this point, no one does.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:18   Link #285
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Naruto hasn't had any hour long specials in years. *sigh* Well, VVV's finale may so epic that it'll feel like an hour was contained in 22 mins...XD
Maybe we'll even get a shot of the Golden 7 as a stinger?

Blizzard Saki gets her own personal harem like Zero in Drakengard 3
Old 2013-12-13, 19:22   Link #286
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Did Pino or someone else mention that all the students weren't human (or rather genetically engineered humans) to Shoko? I thought Pino just said humans can't move the Valvrave?
Your right, Pino didn't flat out say all the students. I figured Shoko would put it together but she probably won't until everyone gets together and starts talking to each other. That said, Irene mentioned she didn't think Shoko knew she'd been modified and I think that answer is Pino did say she wasn't human. I need to see how CR handled it but the version I saw Pino told Shoko to sign the contract and that she (Pino) didn't eat humans. That's a clear implication that Shoko is like the other Valvrave pilots and thus isn't human. Shoko probably doesn't realize it's genetic modifications for why all of this is happening but Pino made it clear Shoko was a candidate and she didn't take humans. Shoko may still need to be flat out told by the Prof, Haruto and/or L Elf but it really matters on the writers (this has to do with my feeling that Shoko made her mistake trusting ARUS last week mostly because the writers decided she was going to be that stupid so their story would work vs her character up to then being that stupid )

Quote:
The sadist in me is actually looking forward to the students finding out. It's a harsh truth, especially that their parents ok'ed this, even if they were tricked. Wonder what Iori's expression will be like? Denial? Probably don't have enough episodes or time to waste on it.
Just how they're going to explain all of this to the kids is going to be a doozy but I'm thinking it'll be off camera like the post cour one events were That is if they even get around to dealing with it at all .
Old 2013-12-13, 19:22   Link #287
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Maybe we'll even get a shot of the Golden 7 as a stinger?
Oh, now that would be sweet, but it'll also be a serious teaser. Seeing the G7 at the last moment will make me go crazy...XD
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:24   Link #288
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
That highly not possible, next episode they retake Module 77 and then the finale. Down to only 4 Valvrave, it will take deus ex machina to beat a combined United ARUS's and Dorssia's army. I'll say a third season because having Cain in Valvrave-02 debuted just so Haruto can kicked his ass is so anti-climax.

Btw, the waffe's pilot say something about UN's regulation. United Nation actually existed in Valvrave-verse?
Old 2013-12-13, 19:24   Link #289
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Oh, now that would be sweet, but it'll also be a serious teaser. Seeing the G7 at the last moment will make me go crazy...XD
"Here they are! See how cool they are?! Like what you see? Good! Cause that's all you're getting!"
Old 2013-12-13, 19:32   Link #290
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Though...didn't the school accept eruerufu and Q-Vier as students first season? That would either make them serious candidates for modification or imply that there might be other "human" students. Not to mention they obviously weren't happy family children of Drossia what with ending up in Karlstein.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:35   Link #291
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Will be interesting if Okouchi has the silver ball of metal to do a actual gay couple in a mainstream show like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
This ain't mainstream. :/
Kill la Kill is mainstream.
On-topic: the gay couple is pretty much there already. Unless you need sex or a kiss between the two, it's pretty much blatantly in your face to the point where Haruto being with L-elf is the expected outcome. :v
And so what if it was mainstream?
Sailor Moon was mainstream and had two gay couples. That was in the early 90s. This is 2013, if he wants to do it, he absolutely can. Not like he's been shy with sensitive material either (not that anyone should legitimately consider this sensitive).

As long as it's portrayed as a normal relationship (e.g none of the cliche fujoshi stuff- no offense to those who enjoy it, but that is something else), I don't see why it should be a problem to have a gay couple in a show like this.

With these two, it does indeed make some sense, so I know where you guys are coming from.
Though I imagine L-Elf and Haruto will either end up dead or alone and content with that circumstance.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:43   Link #292
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
And so what if it was mainstream?
Sailor Moon was mainstream and had two gay couples. That was in the early 90s. This is 2013, if he wants to do it, he absolutely can. Not like he's been shy with sensitive material either (not that anyone should legitimately consider this sensitive).

As long as it's portrayed as a normal relationship (e.g none of the cliche fujoshi stuff- no offense to those who enjoy it, but that is something else), I don't see why it should be a problem to have a gay couple in a show like this.

With these two, it does indeed make some sense, so I know where you guys are coming from.
Though I imagine L-Elf and Haruto will either end up dead or alone and content with that circumstance.
I am talking about main character, side or supporting character doesn't count and Usagi still fell in a love with a men not a girl.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:46   Link #293
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Quote:
I am talking about main character, side or supporting character doesn't count and Usagi still fell in a love with a men not a girl.
Usagi kissed and crushed on plenty of girls though, such as Minako or Haruka and Sailor Stars changing genders on transformation thing is anime only. Originals were full time girls. She happened to need a male love interest to pop Chibi-Usa is more like it.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:47   Link #294
Thess

Quote:
Complete off topic: Shinji Ikari from Evangelion? Akira from Devilman? Although the homosexual love interests were never quite human and the gender issues are debatable. But Lieselotte isn't truly a woman either to take L-Elf into consideration. She's a lovely green alien glittering fog.

Utena certainly qualifies.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-13, 19:52   Link #295
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Complete off topic: Shinji Ikari from Evangelion? Akira from Devilman? Although the homosexual love interests were never quite human and the gender issues are debatable. But Lieselotte isn't truly a woman either to take L-Elf into consideration.

Utena certainly qualifies.
Off topic but Shinij is gay o_0? Well I do acknowledge there same sex couple for anime but compared to the rest it is few and Valvrave is likely not one of these outlier.
Old 2013-12-13, 19:53   Link #296
Thess

Quote:
Off topic but Shinij is gay o_0? Well I do acknowledge there same sex couple for anime but compared to the rest it is few and Valvrave is likely not one of these outlier.
Shinji is xeno-bisexual with a mother fetish.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-13, 19:55   Link #297
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Question:

Anyone else not surprised that Iori served her purpose and was relegated back minor character status? Or will she offer anything else to the storyline, like being one of the main people trying to convince Shoko not to trust the Kamitsuki?
Old 2013-12-13, 19:55   Link #298
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Quote:
Shinji is the gayest human boy to ever walk the earth. Or maybe Kaworu-kun-sexual fits better. But yeah. That was some hardcore homo shit they had.
Old 2013-12-13, 20:00   Link #299
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Wow, what's with the homophobic humor? He is bisexual as far as I can tell.
Old 2013-12-13, 20:00   Link #300
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

So...The discussion just went from HaruElf legitimacy into which anime characters are gay?

LOL, well Shinji's relationship with Kaworu was definitely strange to see, but aren't he & Asuka basically legit?

Anyhow, Ghost, as I was saying, if the finale does introduce the G7, then we're pretty much getting a third season.

VVV II has been shelved all season & as DevilHigh said, to unveal it just to kick it's ass is very anti-climatic. So I expect Cain to whip it out in the finale & we'll get a season one cliffhanger all over again.
Closed Thread