AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-16, 12:37   Link #1
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Anime you hate but everyone seems to like?

As the title states, what anime do you hate/dislike but everyone seems to like? Ok you don't have to hate it but hasn't there been an anime that everyone LOVED but you thought was just ok.

Also is there an anime you feel people don't give a chance? They skim an episode and they say it sucks. If so you can list those too ^^. (Melazoma and Knuckles idea put a more positive twist on the thread).

I myself haven't given Full Moon o Sagashite a chance because it looks... yeah... but I'll get around to it sometime. Its grabbed #1 at AnimeNfo so I'm just curious... hope I don't regret it.

I personally don't like DBZ, Sailer Moon, the Gundam Series(all of them), Evangelion is overrated, and does Yu-Gi-Oh count as anime? If it does, hate it. At Best Buy the Evangelion box set has a sticker on it "Best Anime Series Ever" or something similar. I don't know about that... And Yaoi... that's just plain wrong...

Edit: I don't know about that worst animes thread. But I meant like people who don't like Cowboy Bebop (yes I overheard someone saying they like Yu-Gi-Oh over Cowboy Bebop, hence the reason it is on my hate list), Scrapped Princess, Naruto, and other well known series, none of which qualifies (or even come close) as the worst anime ever.

-Please refrain from flaming-

Last edited by Liquidus; 2004-04-17 at 15:13.
Old 2004-04-16, 12:45   Link #2
7thMethuselah

Don't we have enough i love this anime threads allready?

best anime

what's yr all time favorite anime

We even have the

Worst anime's that deserved to be used as frisbees thread which seems more or less the same as the thread you created here
Old 2004-04-16, 12:59   Link #3
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah

Don't we have enough i love this anime threads allready?

best anime

what's yr all time favorite anime

We even have the

Worst anime's that deserved to be used as frisbees thread which seems more or less the same as the thread you created here
i think that this thread hasn't been around. Is about popular series that you hate! for me is DB-DBZ-DBGT i can't stand those...
Old 2004-04-16, 13:05   Link #4
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Though I certainly wouldn't say I hate it, I didn't really like Ghost in the Shell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus
Evangelion is overrated, and does Yu-Gi-Oh count as anime? If it does, hate it. At Best Buy the Evangelion box set has a sticker on it "Best Anime Series Ever." I don't know about that...
It sounds like you haven't seen the DVD case for Kai Doh Maru yet.
Old 2004-04-16, 13:13   Link #5
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Though I certainly wouldn't say I hate it, I didn't really like Ghost in the Shell.

It sounds like you haven't seen the DVD case for Kai Doh Maru yet.
Correct haven't seen the case. Does it say best anime ever also .
Old 2004-04-16, 13:31   Link #6
Keiokie

Send a message via MSN to Keiokie
I don't HATE this series, but I dont exactly like it. A lot of people seem to like Inuyasha. Its not bad, but the storyline is kind of boring, and all of the characters names seem to start with the letter K, which gets confussing. I also didnt like Dragonball GT all that much. They should have stopped making those shows at the end of Dragonball.
Old 2004-04-16, 13:33   Link #7
Arwyn

I pretty much dislike anything that Cartoon Network decides to air, since is usually gutted. DBZ in particular makes me ill.

Kai Doh Maru goes down for biggest let down. Folks have raved about it, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what movie they were watching, cause I saw none of it in what I saw.
Old 2004-04-16, 13:41   Link #8
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
I pretty much dislike anything that Cartoon Network decides to air, since is usually gutted. DBZ in particular makes me ill.

Yeah Cartoon Network butchered DBZ. I don't think people would hate DBZ as much as they do now if Cartoon Network didn't screw it all up.
Old 2004-04-16, 13:45   Link #9
Suikun

Actually, I pretty much fit right into Liquidus' example. I personally don't see what the big deal about Cowboy Bebop is, and I'd much rather watch something like Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters (the Japanese version, of course) than most episodes of Cowboy Bebop.

Aside from the two double-part episodes and the episode where Faye receives a video tape of herself as a kid, I thought the show was basically just a bunch of episodic stories void of any real emotion or substance - and when it did display those traits, it seemed too forced. It is definitely entertaining - the fact that I own the Perfect Collection of DVDs that Bandai put out a while ago tells you that I don't think it's that bad... but at the same time, all you ever hear about is how great Cowboy Bebop is or how it's the definition of what anime should be, when it's just not that great. It's slightly above mediocre at best. Meanwhile, Yu-Gi-Oh!, though not the greatest thing in the world, does successfully do what it sets out to do - make a series about a card game entertaining. It's a bit deeper than that (especially if you've read the manga - then suddenly the reason why everyone takes a card game so seriously becomes a little more understandable) but in the end I don't think it ever doesn't live up to what it's supposed to, where as Cowboy Bebop constantly disappointed me in light of how much praise it gets.

I guess it mostly just bugs me that it's as popular as it is, when I really don't think it deserves to be. There are tons of other shows, like Now and Then, Here and There, Gunslinger Girls, etc. that deserve the amount of popularity that Cowboy Bebop gets.
Old 2004-04-16, 14:05   Link #10
nr.

It's somehow hard to answer, it's not like i care about the animes i don't like ... watching a couple of episodes and then going to something else. There are still some i can't really stand like pokemon/digimon/yugioh and all this sorta crap, but i'm prolly not the target of these kinda shows, so it's not a suprise ;-)

And, well, it's not like i don't like it, but the only anime which disapoints me while everyone seems to love it, is naruto, just so slow, no rythm and all, just been boring lately ... eventhough the 20 or so first episodes were nice ...

And if Jubei Chan counts as a popular anime, well, i just don't like it ...

That's about it ...
Old 2004-04-16, 14:05   Link #11
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
DBZ makes me ill as well.
Old 2004-04-16, 14:17   Link #12
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus
Yeah Cartoon Network butchered DBZ. I don't think people would hate DBZ as much as they do now if Cartoon Network didn't screw it all up.
Ugh.
CN didn't mess up DBZ. Most of the edits were ordered by Saban when DBZ was in syndication. Anyway most of the complaints are directed at the pacing and plot. Those two things are not changed with the editing done by CN.
Old 2004-04-16, 14:19   Link #13
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Liquid--you're an inspiration!

Seriously, no sarcasm--you are an inspiration!

Now, this thread still has potential to turn into grade-A flame bait... but if you will entertain this thought for a moment...

What if we switched--perhaps for use of the name of a separate, hypothetical thread-- two words in your title? The words being "hate" and "like."

If, said switch were to occur, then the title would look like:
"Anime you like but everyone seems to hate"

In this hyphothetical topic then, a person would be free to talk about what he/she likes (in a positive manner), without going into a bash of "Man I hate this [Insert Title]," and perhaps voice his/her opinion (in the positive attitude of "like")--and perhaps convince others to like said title.--All the while not involving the usage of "I hate" because by using "I hate," one would effectively go outside the purview of this hypothetical thread. Thus needless flaming may be averted.

I realize human nature may inevitably lead us to a flame war in any given topic of discussion, but remedies are everywhere. I'm in no mood of starting a thread though... Maybe tonight.

Note: I actually have more thoughts on this... But am a little tired and need to do grocery shopping--like I said, perhaps tonight. I can go into concrete examples if you like, all in good time.
Old 2004-04-16, 15:02   Link #14
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma

Now, this thread still has potential to turn into grade-A flame bait... but if you will entertain this thought for a moment...

What if we switched--perhaps for use of the name of a separate, hypothetical thread-- two words in your title? The words being "hate" and "like."

In this hyphothetical topic then, a person would be free to talk about what he/she likes (in a positive manner), without going into a bash of "Man I hate this [Insert Title]," and perhaps voice his/her opinion (in the positive attitude of "like")--and perhaps convince others to like said title.--All the while not involving the usage of "I hate" because by using "I hate," one would effectively go outside the purview of this hypothetical thread. Thus needless flaming may be averted.

I realize human nature may inevitably lead us to a flame war in any given topic of discussion, but remedies are everywhere. I'm in no mood of starting a thread though... Maybe tonight.

Note: I actually have more thoughts on this... But am a little tired and need to do grocery shopping--like I said, perhaps tonight. I can go into concrete examples if you like, all in good time.
I hope flames won't be a problem in this thread I'm sure everyone will respect eachothers opinions. I'll edit my post to state no flaming. Everything worked out for this thread:
Anime characters you like or hate
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11322
Old 2004-04-16, 15:41   Link #15
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

My opinions:
DB was the best series of the three. I hated the rest...
I don't like InuYasha.
You know an anime has gone too far when they release a Collectible Card Game...
Old 2004-04-16, 16:36   Link #16
momojigari
Great I-Jin

wow, alot of dbz haters here eh?...oh well, i used to enjoy the show but that was back then.

so anyways going back to the topic, does anyone here actually liked Scryed..cuz i really didn't like that anime. Also rahxephon, shheesh..although the graphics are quite good, it looks like an NGE ripoff.
Old 2004-04-16, 17:14   Link #17
Knuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma

I agree, by doing these changes one might hear good things about
an anime one would not give a chance in the first place.
With the thread as it is we will only hear about anime like, cowboy bebop
evangelion, db, naruto, or some other 100+ eps series that has a big following.

[edit]
Anime that I like. that some people don't give a chance: Blue Gender (many
people give up after first 2 eps.) and Gundam-X (because it was droped early)
Old 2004-04-16, 17:19   Link #18
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Never watched Scryed or Rahxephon. You can guess why I haven't watched Rahxephon (looks just like eva).
Old 2004-04-16, 17:56   Link #19
Worldestroyer
IRC lurker

Send a message via AIM to Worldestroyer Send a message via MSN to Worldestroyer
I hate InuYasha, Naruto, and DBZ. Although i still like the orginal DB. I don't in the life of me know why people would watch shuch crud.
Old 2004-04-16, 18:01   Link #20
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Rurouni Kenshin just sucks IMO, I could NEVER like this garbage. I don't see how Cowboy Bebop is all that good, it's pretty boring if you ask me. I don't understand Inuyasha all that much. .Hack//sign was boring too. DBZ was okay, but I'll give it credit because it truly sparked my interest in anime. I don't see how any Gundam series is good, I truly hated them. Lupin III seems kind of popular, but it's possibly the most boring show I've ever seen. I like Naruto, but I think it's waayyyyy overrated. There are more, but I guess I'll end there.

Last edited by ChainLegacy; 2004-04-16 at 18:13.
Closed Thread