AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 104 69.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 22.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-13, 22:34   Link #201
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Railgun is a parallel story to Index (more or less)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 00:01   Link #202
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Any newbie to the franchise here ended up shocked after seeing this episode?!?

I am actually.... Was spoiled about it before, but didn't know the detail, and how cruel-some it is. Seeing the Sister crawl out to reach and hug that medal, before being crushed to death simply broke my heart. In fact i was slightly mad at how some of our members here refereed to her only by her number, but i guess the shock died off a few years ago to you guys

I didn't sign up for this.... Anyone know how long this arc is? As i gonna skip the rest. [mod edit: remove Index spoiler]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-14 at 12:49.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 01:10   Link #203
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
In fact i was slightly mad at how some of our members here refereed to her only by her number, but i guess the shock died off a few years ago to you guys
The thing is the poor girl never got another name. I guess you could call her Gourmand Imouto or something like that, but that would be somewhat unorthodox.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 01:16   Link #204
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

What do you call, that which have no name?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 02:31   Link #205
Dr. Casey

Quote:

I am actually.... Was spoiled about it before, but didn't know the detail, and how cruel-some it is. Seeing the Sister crawl out to reach and hug that medal, before being crushed to death simply broke my heart. In fact i was slightly mad at how some of our members here refereed to her only by her number, but i guess the shock died off a few years ago to you guys

I didn't sign up for this.... Anyone know how long this arc is? As i gonna skip the rest.
I personally refer to 9982 as 'Gekota Thief.'

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-14 at 15:17. Reason: edited quote and removed tangent
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 02:56   Link #206
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

That was a perfect adaptation! Accelerator is still the insufferable prick I remember him to be.

And as mentioned by others kudos to his voice actor. His manic immature teen laugh is perfect (especially in a series full of characters with silly exaggerated manic laughs).
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 03:36   Link #207
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I personally refer to 9982 as 'Gekota Thief.'
That actually a very good name. I will just call her MISAKA, or but i suspect more MISAKA will show up later so gonna be fairly confused. Misaka's first sister/imouto probably will get my vote

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-14 at 15:17. Reason: removed tangent
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 03:49   Link #208
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet..."
A MISAKA by any other name would smile as sweet~

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 03:58   Link #209
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Yup, sisters arc is even crueler when animated, only reason this didn't break my heart into a million little pieces is cuz I knew what was gonna happen. Perfect 10.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 04:13   Link #210
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I can't forgive Accelerator, either. I don't care how not-evil is supposed to become - he enjoyed mutilating and killing a living being. And don't give me that "he didn't know what he was doing!" shit, she was obviously suffering and running away.
At least Flandere know she's doing something wrong and want to stop hurting people.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 12:43   Link #211
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This topic is locked while I clean-up the off-topic and spoiler-filled mess and issue infractions to all involved.

Edit: Okay, in addition to the edits/deletions above, 49 more posts were deleted, 6 bans issued, 3 warnings, and this comment:

IF IT DIDN'T HAPPEN IN THE RAILGUN ANIME, IT CAN'T BE DISCUSSED IN RAILGUN ANIME THREADS.

But it happened in the Index anime! Don't care.
But it says so on the Wiki! Don't care.
But it we know it from the manga... Don't care.
But it's an important topic in the Raildex fandom! Don't care.
But I'm just answering a question... Don't answer.
But I'm not really giving anything away, just implying... Don't you dare.
But if I put it in a spoiler tag... NO.

There are so many other threads in this sub-forum where every single topic or conversation can go, but the Railgun anime threads are to talk about the Railgun anime and that alone. Anything else is off-topic. And the reason I'm being so strict about this is precisely because all it does is open the door to more and more chatter from novel/manga readers who give away more and more crap assuming that everyone else "knows already". It's not necessary because there are already so many other threads for those topics. Use the proper threads.

If anyone posts something off-topic, please do not make it worse by replying -- even replying just to say that it's off-topic. Please just report it.

For more information about the sorts of comparisons we do allow behind properly-labelled spoiler tags, please read this.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-14 at 15:39.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 15:44   Link #212
Kon the Magnificent

That had me shivering! Damn that was great. Absolutely loved it. I waited to see this for a long time. I read it so many times and it was worth watching it. If I could rate higher I would. I was not disappointed. She was truly my favorite Sister. Misaka go girl go, despair awaits your unfortunate soul.
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 18:56   Link #213
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Ah, so I was not mistaken. I dropped the first season after a few episodes, but this one has me hooked.

Was Mikoto always so harsh? I feel as if we are getting more of her harsh side this time around.

Being a romance junkie, I want to see more of Touma. I don't think canon (as opposed to doujin) Mikoto is interested in Kuroko that way, lol.
Yes, Mikoto has always been rather tsun. Especially with Touma and Kuroko. But with Touma there has always been that dere side, while Kuroko never gets more than pity from a friend who just isn't interested in more then friendship.

The first Railgun season wasn't bad...

It just had way too much fanservice for me. The plots where simple, but executed well. It was worth watching once, and Mikoto had a few cool moments as you got deeper into the season, but this arc was my favorite in the source material, so it's little surprise that I prefer this season.

Once again the execution is really solid, and this time they have a meatier plot to go with it.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 20:22   Link #214
Amber Masquerade

Quote:

I didn't sign up for this.... Anyone know how long this arc is? As i gonna skip the rest. [mod edit: remove Index spoiler]
Have you watched the first season yet? Or Index? You need it to understand what's going on.
Old 2013-05-14, 23:26   Link #215
Primary Consult

I've rewatched this episode about 4 times now - it might join the ranks of Season 1 eps 9, 12 and 24 as one of my go-to episodes for getting in the mood of the ToAru verse science side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Masquerade View Post
Have you watched the first season yet? Or Index? You need it to understand what's going on.
Watching Index isn't necessary to follow this. I am quite jealous of those who are able to watch this without Index knowledge. I do agree that the first season of Railgun should be watched though, the child error experiment Kiyama Harumi was involved in is a good indicator of the level of darkness the series has and probably would help people set their expectations. It always makes me sad to hear people dropping the series due to the darker parts (or lighter parts, or any reason at all really!).
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 01:20   Link #216
Kon the Magnificent

The darker parts is what makes the series. The Dark Side Academy City is a driving force of the series.
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 10:48   Link #217
whitecloud

most of railgun side of story is about darkside of academy city, unlike index side of story which mainly deal with magic side of story
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 20:24   Link #218
ChronoReverse

I've never watched Index nor do I plan to ever but following Railgun isn't any problem at all. And it's been amazing.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 14:00   Link #219
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ Good lord you guys, how hard can this be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Ah, so I was not mistaken. I dropped the first season after a few episodes, but this one has me hooked.
That's a crying shame and I don't mean that lightly. I would've thought you'd like a character like Saten since her story is quite shoujo-esque. Well each to their own I suppose. As of yet I've seen nothing to substantially link these two seasons together plot-wise so it might not matter.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 16:08   Link #220
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
^ Good lord you guys, how hard can this be?
Apparently, very hard.

Tags
clone abuse, despair