AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-11-02, 15:13   Link #4281
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post

Spoiler:
Her eyes look like Athena's usual eyes now...

Did Isumi just went "seed mode" in one of the pictures?
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 15:21   Link #4282
arand017

That's a nice observation ....maybe it's related to something
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 15:38   Link #4283
New/Old
Old to the New

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Her eyes look like Athena's usual eyes now...

Did Isumi just went "seed mode" in one of the pictures?
That's her serious/attack face. Part of her eyes went that way in the last chapter during her big lightning attack prep.
Old 2009-11-02, 15:56   Link #4284
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

Crap...that is a really big snake...

And he even blocked that huge-ass dragon attack! This is not looking good for Hayate and co. but they'll all probably receive power boosts either soon or before their next encounter.

As for Midas letting them go, bear in mind that if he did just kill them now the story would sort of end...and on a really down note too...Besides, it may even tell us something important! Perhaps Midas is strong but also dangerously overconfident and is letting them get away because "Ha. What could they possibly do to me?" You know, like the villains in RPGs that first show up in the beginning and kick your ass since you're Level 5 at best. It may also be because he knows he's a villain and that villains let the weak heroes go, sort of a code of honor or something like that. Given this series he may do that simply because that's how a manga villain is supposed to act, which means that he'll even fit in when the series goes back to being more lighthearted!

Well now we just need Hayate to get the Hakuo Sword (we all know it's either him or Hina that gets to use it) and stab that gem that either kills Machina or traps him in human form or something. Then Isumi needs to learn a Dangerous Forbidden Technique from her great-grandmother that can stop Midas or help Hayate beat Machina. I guess Hinagiku can just get even better at kendo or unlock more hidden potential from Wooden Masamune, you can never have enough hidden potential! As for everyone else, Ayumu turns them all into some kind of morale boosting team or something. I'd say with all the filler we're going to get and the Athena heavy stuff we might be expecting all of this will probably take about...call it two years worth of chapters.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 16:08   Link #4285
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
And he even blocked that huge-ass dragon attack! This is not looking good for Hayate and co. but they'll all probably receive power boosts either soon or before their next encounter.
Well, there are 3 of them, they can always pull a F/sn. Hayate just needs to replenish Isumi's prana, if you know what I mean.
Old 2009-11-02, 16:41   Link #4286
arand017

That would be a sight to behold xD, i can't imagine nagi's face if she knows about it
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 17:46   Link #4287
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
'nother spoiler pic, thanks to zak89 over that other forum.

Spoiler for :
I expect some Yugi-Oh! jokes
Old 2009-11-02, 19:30   Link #4288
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

can someone please pm me the page to download the raw manga please? thanks. Love ya, kisses, smooch smooch

EDIT: Still noneone D:? i feel alone...

Last edited by WildArms; 2009-11-02 at 19:47.
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 19:48   Link #4289
Used Can

Just think of a paradise for raws.

Anyway, nothing happened in this chapter other than the battle. But, well, these are battler chapters; so, I guess that's to be expected. It also seems Athena is unstable; so, there may be a way to get her back to normal. In addition to that, is Machina working for Athena or for Midas, perhaps he doesn't know about Midas' influence on her? Well, he's a giant snake, and snakes always know things.

All the same, hopefully, this is just a quick retreat, and the story won't get horrendously dragged.
Old 2009-11-02, 19:52   Link #4290
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Quote:
Just think of a paradise for raws.
thank you... my friend

As for her being unstable, i have the feeling hayate will do/say something and she will stop and most probably go away, dunno, but i have the feeling hayate will do something o.o
Old 2009-11-02, 19:58   Link #4291
Used Can

I wonder about that, he's being mostly useless in these chapters.
Old 2009-11-02, 21:01   Link #4292
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Quote:
I wonder about that, he's being mostly useless in these chapters.
That is the main reason why i think what i think =P
Old 2009-11-03, 00:12   Link #4293
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Just read the RAW, have the general idea of what was going on in this chapter. Seems like Isumi got the general picture of what was going on, and planned to retreat after she realized it. So in the next chapter, I hope she'll do some explaining to the company.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 00:35   Link #4294
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Pardon me while I read your mind. I see... uh-huh... oooohhhh...

Yes, that was very enlightening. I understand nothing!

So what do you predict now? The strategic retreat was successful, and Midas probably won't harass them until they return back to Japan. Will the vacation continue, or will they be returning home soon? Does anyone know how long are they on the vacation now? How many in manga days have passed? I'm not certain, but they took time off during the Golden Week, yeh? So, that's 7 days, which 3-4 have probably already passed.

Nagi wants to see everyone (yeh, mostly Hayate) to return back with happy memories. Just how will she manage to do that? Will Ayumu learn about Athena, and what will be her reaction? What will Hina do now? Hayate might try to explain the situation, but in the end he didn't get a clear answer. Love affairs are still off limits, eh?

What else is there to do? Thee last scene of the vacation will probably be fireworks, if they didn't watch them already. Can't remember squat. xD

Any ideas?

Let's try to construct the most logical outcome for the next chapter. Athena probably won't be shown, since the last scene in this chapter is probably meant to leave an impression of her. So, they've just escaped, perhaps still running out with smoke everywhere, or they ran far enough, and they're out of breath (if Hayate isn't carrying both). Is it time for Isumin' to explain a bit to Hayate? Will the explanation take long? Hmm...
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 00:49   Link #4295
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
So what do you predict now? The strategic retreat was successful, and Midas probably won't harass them until they return back to Japan. Will the vacation continue, or will they be returning home soon? Does anyone know how long are they on the vacation now? How many in manga days have passed? I'm not certain, but they took time off during the Golden Week, yeh? So, that's 7 days, which 3-4 have probably already passed.

Nagi wants to see everyone (yeh, mostly Hayate) to return back with happy memories. Just how will she manage to do that? Will Ayumu learn about Athena, and what will be her reaction? What will Hina do now? Hayate might try to explain the situation, but in the end he didn't get a clear answer. Love affairs are still off limits, eh?

What else is there to do? Thee last scene of the vacation will probably be fireworks, if they didn't watch them already. Can't remember squat. xD

Any ideas?

Let's try to construct the most logical outcome for the next chapter. Athena probably won't be shown, since the last scene in this chapter is probably meant to leave an impression of her. So, they've just escaped, perhaps still running out with smoke everywhere, or they ran far enough, and they're out of breath (if Hayate isn't carrying both). Is it time for Isumin' to explain a bit to Hayate? Will the explanation take long? Hmm...
Midas King might still harrass them before they leave Greece, since Athena just stated they'll meet again soon with no specific time allocation, but that's unlikely. It should be 3-4 days, with the plane over to Greece being a day, touring, beach volleyball, more touring with Athena's first reunion, Hinagiku's dinner with second reunion with Athena. I don't know how long the Golden-week holidays are, but it should be 7 days.

There's still a chance they won't tell Nagi or co. anything but that's unlikely, since Hayate is obviously injured. Hinagiku might tell Ayumu what has happened, since she said so herself.

I don't think the fireworks would mark the end of vacation, since they are in Greece and not in Japane at the moment.

I hope next chapter will have Isumi explaning some stuff since she said she got the general idea of what was going on.
Old 2009-11-03, 00:57   Link #4296
Rah

Hm...

Basically you think in a similar way.

If not fireworks, then how do you expect it to end? With a huge misunderstanding and Hayate getting smacked over the head, or just normally boarding the plane? Perhaps it's not gonna end in a happy way? Maybe Isumi will tell them to keep quiet, and they will figure out an appropriate course of action in Japan? So just stay happy...

And Hayate's injury will probably be reported as some guard dog biting him, or falling down a manhole...

*sigh*
Old 2009-11-03, 01:01   Link #4297
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Hayate's a genius at causing misunderstandings so that's always a choice. I would hope that Isumi will do some explaining to Hayate and Sakuya, but I don't really want the others to know what's going on, it just, doesn't seem like the best time to tell them what has happened.
Old 2009-11-03, 01:35   Link #4298
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Nagi wants to see everyone (yeh, mostly Hayate) to return back with happy memories.
Countdown to Hayate-truth-bomb commencing!

Oh boy.

But I see Hayate staying clammed up since he sees it again as his fault (depression face for the rest of the trip). If Hina wants to tell the truth, then it follows with everyone wanting to help Hayate solve his problems then I would get very irritated.

Nonetheless, my sadistic side is contented with a sad-depressed Hayate with everybody else wondering what's up with him. He needs to solve this problem with minimal help, but if it becomes Kubo-fied then..
Old 2009-11-03, 01:55   Link #4299
Rah

Either he will pretend that everything is fine and make everyone worry, or tell everyone the truth (perhaps shocking them a bit, but necessary - the past isn't going to change anyway) so they can help him.

I read the translation, and it's only Midas that's forcing Athena into this. We don't know if Machi is on it or not, but I'd conclude that he's oblivious to it, because he's shown a very sympathetic / caring attitude towards her when he perceived Hayate as a threat to her happiness. I still wonder, though...

How about this scenario?

They tell everyone, and after the initial shock and surprise, they agree to help them. After training / powering up, etc.. Hakuo, or the Sanzen'in mansion become the final battleground - or perhaps Athena's place in Japan, if they decide to invade her home (instead of Athena making the first move).

They somehow win, and manage to drive Midas away (perhaps temporarily). Normality resumes with tons of misunderstandings involving the now normal Athena & her relationship with Hayate.

Many things are answered here (finally), but the peace doesn't last long. Soon they receive dire news from someone, or something bad happens (perhaps a world ending scenario? okay, I'm exaggerating).

When making this up I'm thinking that Midas isn't actually the true villain in the story, but more like a Mid-Boss (Disgaea lol), and after his defeat the true bad guy makes his move. Perhaps it's really Mikado? This time the plot is heavily centered around Nagi, and her late mother. Hmhmhm....

Well, I'm probably completely off, but I wouldn't mind such a scenario. I shouldn't be predicting things that far in the future. Uhmm...

Next Chapter - Rah version: Continues from their escape. Hayate is carrying both, or they are all out of breath, someplace far away. Hayate isn't looking good (not just physically), and Isumin' tells them what is going on with Athena. Hayate faints after a while, shocking (more like startling) Sakuya & Isumin'. They bring him back (either call Nagi, or use other means). Upon waking up he acts like normal, perhaps even happier than usual (due to the advice that Isumin' gave him - not to let anyone worry), but his disguise is rather feeble, worrying Nagi to the point that she goes ballistic on him with questions (possibly even in tears).

Like:

Nagi: *whisper* op it....
Hayate: Eh? What was that Ouju-sama?
Nagi: *trembling* Stop it..
Hayate: Huh? Um.. what do you mea-
Nagi: STOP PRETENDING THAT EVERYTHING IS ALRIGHT!!
Hayate: ....
Nagi: I'm worried about you, Hayate. Why won't you tell me what's wrong? Where did you get hurt like that? What did you do to such an extent to get so badly injured? Why won't Isumi tell me anything?! ;_; (in tears now - or almost)

Uhmm.. well, this is pretty generic sounding, but still it has it's effect. Hmhmm...

Ah, how I hope that this week we will get some decent early spoilers. ^_^
Old 2009-11-03, 01:58   Link #4300
Used Can

One thing I'm sure is, whenever Hayate faces Midas-Athena once more, he'll be wearing his butler suit.

Tags
comedy, shounen