5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 2.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-29, 10:54   Link #221
NyxOne

Why do so many people now think the series is a complete and utter failure now that Lelouch is dead? When his plan was to die in the FIRST PLACE?

Some posters' sudden drops in their coherent posts and intelligence quotient actually makes me feel totally dumbfounded and aghast. Could you not take the WONDERFUL 99TH EMPEROR LELOUCH VI BRITANNIA HAIL TO THE KING dying? Jesus.

And for the record, Schneizel's Zero's slave, and Nina deserved redemption. "Oh, she humped a table" is the stupidest fucking reason I have ever heard for wanting a character to die. "Holy Lelouch didn't deserve to die, but she did because she got kinky with a piece of furniture! Never mind all the bastardry Lelouch pulled as Emperor and the fact that he intended to die in the first place!"

I'm speechless.

And for you, ZeroSama. Nina was being hunted by groups and people all over the world because of what she created. She said it herself. She could rarely set foot outside Ashford for fear of her life. She wasn't being let off scot-free before she redeemed herself. Nunnally, unless you weren't paying any attention, was being manipulated by Schneizel. But I suppose Lelouch shooting her or Geassing her into crushing herself with her wheelchair would have been better for you.

And, sure, an ending where Lelouch (HOLY LELOUCH LET HIM BE PRAISED) ruled over the world with an iron fist and where he slaughtered all the other named protagonists and antagonists in a bloody fashion whilst laughing like a typical madman would have been perfect, yes?
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 17:13   Link #222
NyxOne

By belieiving the words of a poster who has an obsessional attachment to a minor character and overplays her importance, saying that she was 'vital' to the plot and linking everything he could with her, even the damn Ragnarok issue. Sure.
Old 2008-10-29, 17:33   Link #223
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

I love Code Geass.....Makes you wanna watch more MORE MORE!
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 05:52   Link #224
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
And, sure, an ending where Lelouch (HOLY LELOUCH LET HIM BE PRAISED) ruled over the world with an iron fist and where he slaughtered all the other named protagonists and antagonists in a bloody fashion whilst laughing like a typical madman would have been perfect, yes?
No. My point was if one character is going to punished for their crimes then everyone should be punished as well.

Scehnziel serving zero after killing at least 40 million+ people when he bombed the imperial capital(no matter how you look at it Pendragon was much bigger than the Tokyo settlement and it was completely destroyed while Tokyo only lost about a quarter of its area) deserved death no matter how you look at it. No questions living as a slave was to good a fate for him.

Nunnally shit spammed FLIEA's like crazy against innocent(geassed) soldiers who had been forced into fighting for Lelouch(which she knew) yet she ends up getting to live as a queen/empress/whatever. Bitch.

Nina made the bomb in the first place which ended up killing oh at least 50 million+ people simply for the sake of revenge over one persons death. Being allowed to live, even in hiding is too good a fate for her.

The reason why i said Lelouch ruling as a tyrant would've been a better(and i did say better, not a perfect) end is because if all the afforementioned losers got off scot free then Lelouch should've as well. No if's or buts. Its the only way to maintain consistency in relation to crime and punishment. Either everyone is punished equally or no one is. Thats why the ending failed in my eyes.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 06:16   Link #225
Sol Falling

Take into account that the completely innocent Shirley and Euphemia were the other two major deaths of the series. If sin and punishment were to be equal in Code Geass, then you'd be demanding the deaths of just about everybody.

How exactly did you feel about those, btw? Justice disappeared in Code Geass the very moment of Euphie's death. Equality isn't something which exists in real life: so as for Code Geass, they've actually always made a point of showing just how unfair the world could be.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 07:43   Link #226
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Take into account that the completely innocent Shirley and Euphemia were the other two major deaths of the series. If sin and punishment were to be equal in Code Geass, then you'd be demanding the deaths of just about everybody.

How exactly did you feel about those, btw? Justice disappeared in Code Geass the very moment of Euphie's death. Equality isn't something which exists in real life: so as for Code Geass, they've actually always made a point of showing just how unfair the world could be.
Don't forget Rolo Sol, he was a major a-hol...death i mean as well, but i'm not surprised that you've a little bias.

In the case of Shirely(who tried to kill Villeta and then Lelouch), Rolo died so justice was served while i think if Euphie could speak from beyond the grave she wouldn't be blaming Lelouch or calling for his head.

I don't know why you think justice died with Euphie though, wasn't really any justice in the CG world from the start, people were constantly being crapped on even before EP1 of S1 judging by the timeline.

I case my viewpoint just comes from the fact that i've a real "eye for an eye" attitude. No jokes about everyone ending up blind please.
Old 2008-10-30, 08:44   Link #227
Attenborough Cortitc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Don't forget Rolo Sol, he was a major a-hol...death i mean as well, but i'm not surprised that you've a little bias.

In the case of Shirely(who tried to kill Villeta and then Lelouch), Rolo died so justice was served while i think if Euphie could speak from beyond the grave she wouldn't be blaming Lelouch or calling for his head.

I don't know why you think justice died with Euphie though, wasn't really any justice in the CG world from the start, people were constantly being crapped on even before EP1 of S1 judging by the timeline.

I case my viewpoint just comes from the fact that i've a real "eye for an eye" attitude. No jokes about everyone ending up blind please.
There was nothing bias about Sol's post considering all the horrible things Rolo has done so the fact that he left him out is justified. Euphie's death was just unfair since she died trying to do her part the best she can and geass basically took over her remaining life considering she wondered why after Lelouch shot her meant she still didn't know what had happened.
Attenborough Cortitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 08:49   Link #228
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attenborough Cortitc View Post
There was nothing bias about Sol's post considering all the horrible things Rolo has done so the fact that he left him out is justified. Euphie's death was just unfair since she died trying to do her part the best she can and geass basically took over her remaining life considering she wondered why after Lelouch shot her meant she still didn't know what had happened.
I meant that Rolos' death was a major one and was simply pointing out Sol's (understandable)bias by omitting it since they shipped ShirLulu.

His death had just as much impact on Lelouch as Euphies and Shirleys since it pretty much snapped him out of his doldrums and into his "dump my crappy morality and do whatevers necessary to call daddy out" mindset. Oh and saving his life as well can't forget that part either.
Old 2008-10-30, 08:54   Link #229
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
I meant that Rolos' death was a major one and was simply pointing out Sol's bias by omitting it.
Well Rolo died the way he wanted to, so I wouldn't call that being shit upon. Every main character has killed people. Lelouch, Suzaku, Schnielzel, Nina, C.C., Kallen, etc... If retribution were to happen everyone in the entire fucking univers of code geass would explode lol. It's just as Lelouch says, you have to destroy in order to create. He destroyed millions of peoples lives, but saved hundreds of billions of others.
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 11:03   Link #230
NyxOne

ZS, you have such a one-dimensional view of characters (Nina and Nunnnally) that it disturbs me. Nina repented, and Nunnally was being used by Schneizel, and he could manipulate just about anyone.

But whatever. Arguing with you's useless.
Old 2008-10-30, 16:12   Link #231
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
No. My point was if one character is going to punished for their crimes then everyone should be punished as well.

Scehnziel serving zero after killing at least 40 million+ people when he bombed the imperial capital(no matter how you look at it Pendragon was much bigger than the Tokyo settlement and it was completely destroyed while Tokyo only lost about a quarter of its area) deserved death no matter how you look at it. No questions living as a slave was to good a fate for him.

Nunnally shit spammed FLIEA's like crazy against innocent(geassed) soldiers who had been forced into fighting for Lelouch(which she knew) yet she ends up getting to live as a queen/empress/whatever. Bitch.

Nina made the bomb in the first place which ended up killing oh at least 50 million+ people simply for the sake of revenge over one persons death. Being allowed to live, even in hiding is too good a fate for her.

The reason why i said Lelouch ruling as a tyrant would've been a better(and i did say better, not a perfect) end is because if all the afforementioned losers got off scot free then Lelouch should've as well. No if's or buts. Its the only way to maintain consistency in relation to crime and punishment. Either everyone is punished equally or no one is. Thats why the ending failed in my eyes.
My keen detective senses tells me that there may be some bitterness in your post. Leaving aside whether I agree with your views of the aforementioned characters, punishment is not always metted out to all those that deserved it.

The point is, I believe, that Lelouch went the way he did because he actively sought atonement and to be punished while the others did not. It shows the kind of person Lelouch was, someone who not only saw the faults in others but can also see them in himself. His kindness caused him to seek that redemption through death.

You can also look at it another way, in that Lelouch himself was one of the main instigators that set in motion the events that lead to many of those tragedies either directly or indirectly and he is taking into himself all the hatred and sins spawned from his actions and being punished for them in place of all the others. Kinda ironic considering that martyrdom is what Suzaku sought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
ZS, you have such a one-dimensional view of characters (Nina and Nunnnally) that it disturbs me. Nina repented, and Nunnally was being used by Schneizel, and he could manipulate just about anyone.

But whatever. Arguing with you's useless.
The problem I have with this is that Nunally, with all her truth powers allowed herself to believe Schneizel, especially after the guy nuked an entire city to basically show Lelouch he was serious. Even if what he told Nunally about evacuating everyone is true, he still ruined their lives economically. Imagine being forced to flee with essentially nothing to your name and then having the place where you lived, where your livelyhood is was turned into a giant crater. Not to mention that Nunally believed Schneizel over the person that took care of her and supported her when they were driven from their former lives because she was blinded and crippled.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 16:17   Link #232
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Nunnally's power required touch as a medium, last I checked, and I don't remember her holding hands with Schneizel.
Old 2008-10-30, 16:30   Link #233
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Hm. Nunally annoyed me a little when she was with Schneizel, but I still liked her until the end.
Lelouch, on the other hand, was just too good for this world.
I think he's the only character I could easily forgive for shooting Clovis.
*hugs Lelouch*
Old 2008-10-30, 17:04   Link #234
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Hm. Nunally annoyed me a little when she was with Schneizel, but I still liked her until the end.
Lelouch, on the other hand, was just too good for this world.
I think he's the only character I could easily forgive for shooting Clovis.
*hugs Lelouch*
He made hundreds of people his brainwashed slaves, he killed thousands of innocent people, and the worst thing you think he did was kill an idiot monster?
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 17:14   Link #235
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
He made hundreds of people his brainwashed slaves, he killed thousands of innocent people, and the worst thing you think he did was kill an idiot monster?
Idiot monster?
Hm... have you listened to Stage 0.884 "The Imperial Siblings"?
If yes, than it's a rather big difference in opinion.
If not, then you have only seen one side of Clovis (uhm, except the paintings in the anime, of course).
In my opionion, he was the best example for the saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".
Both Cornelia and Schneizel thought of him as "too kind" to go to Area Eleven - but when he did so in order to honour his supposedely deceased siblings' memory, he soon lost focus and apparently stopped caring about... well, everything.
Maybe shooting him wasn't the most horrible thing Lelouch has ever done, but Clovis truly loved him. And thinking of how he lost his way never fails to make me sad.

Oh, and he certainly wasn't an idiot. He almost beat Lelouch in chess once.
Errr... after loosing 36 times, but hey, it's Lelouch. ;P
Old 2008-10-30, 17:23   Link #236
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Idiot monster?
Hm... have you listened to Stage 0.884 "The Imperial Siblings"?
If yes, than it's a rather big difference in opinion.
If not, then you have only seen one side of Clovis (uhm, except the paintings in the anime, of course).
In my opionion, he was the best example for the saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".
Both Cornelia and Schneizel thought of him as "too kind" to go to Area Eleven - but when he did so in order to honour his supposedely deceased siblings' memory, he soon lost focus and apparently stopped caring about... well, everything.
Maybe shooting him wasn't the most horrible thing Lelouch has ever done, but Clovis truly loved him. And thinking of how he lost his way never fails to make me sad.

Oh, and he certainly wasn't an idiot. He almost beat Lelouch in chess once.
Errr... after loosing 36 times, but hey, it's Lelouch. ;P
Clovis might have wanted to be good, but he quickly lost his way and become an idiot monster.
Old 2008-10-30, 17:29   Link #237
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Clovis might have wanted to be good, but he quickly lost his way and become an idiot monster.
*shrugs*
That's your opinion.
I like to think that Lelouch would have had no trouble in making him change sides.
Clovis was as much a victim of Britannia as everyone else, after all.
He wasn't a saint, sure; but I like flawed characters. There is always a lot of room for development.
Old 2008-10-30, 18:45   Link #238
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Nunnally's power required touch as a medium, last I checked, and I don't remember her holding hands with Schneizel.
It was not like Rohmeiyer couldn't keep her hands off Nunally. She asked to touch her hand to ascertain the truth, she did not attempt so with Schneizel even when being told that the person who was with her the most in her life and was the most important to her was the devil incarnate, or about if Schneizel really moved the people away from Pendragon.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 19:03   Link #239
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
It was not like Rohmeiyer couldn't keep her hands off Nunally. She asked to touch her hand to ascertain the truth, she did not attempt so with Schneizel even when being told that the person who was with her the most in her life and was the most important to her was the devil incarnate, or about if Schneizel really moved the people away from Pendragon.
Considering their time apart, did Nunnally really have any reason to not trust Schneizel?
Old 2008-10-30, 19:24   Link #240
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post

Look at it this way, the leaders to protect the world are Suzaku, Kallen, Ougi, and Nunnaly. Suzaku, Kallen, and Ougi are obviously not competent enough to run the world, since Suzaku, and Kallen, are soldiers and not leaders, and Ougi is overall a nice guy thrust into a position of leadership he can't handle.

What makes you think Nunnaly is any different?