AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-05, 17:17   Link #1061
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
If you are talking about the movie, maybe. If you talk about the series, then the triangle still remains. As I mostly focussed on the series, both of us are correct... or even wrong. Whatever...
Eh. The movie was mean to give who was the "victor" in the triangle (that they delayed to show, not that they didn't have it decided in the Tv series. Kawamori wanted it resolved, right?). It was supposed to end the "suspense" (in a sarcastic way, considering what was promoted a lot in the interviews, the merchandising, etc. Besides Sheryl/Ranka, duh). Once that they move to the next series and the other, it'll be a tacit fact that

Spoiler for spoilers:

In every other series alternative endings would work, but Macross is treated as a growing 'verse. If something is promoted as "end of triangle" it's not "end of triangle... maybe." Before that, I would have agreed with you, but the OST, the subtitle of the stuff, the claims that was resolved already, etc? It's kind of final.

Quote:
Ah my favorite couples. Let me see. Ranka x Sheryl and Bobby x Alto or even Nanase x Sheryl x Klan. That would be my favored couples

Sheryl x Ranka.

But only second to Michel x Klan in my top list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
No, no, no...you got it all wrong. Nanase needs to marry Luca, so he can die in a mysterious accident and she can become a wealthy widow.
I...agree with this.

Originally I wanted a Sheryl x Ranka x Nanase triangle, but I can live with this.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-03-05, 18:44   Link #1062
wisteria233

Quote:
If you are talking about the movie, maybe. If you talk about the series, then the triangle still remains. As I mostly focussed on the series, both of us are correct... or even wrong. Whatever...

Ah my favorite couples. Let me see. Ranka x Sheryl and Bobby x Alto or even Nanase x Sheryl x Klan. That would be my favored couples
Macross is a special case where everything (as long as it is endorsed by Kawamori) is canon in some way to its universe. So if the triangle ended in one iteration it ended in all the others all well. Besides that didn't Kawamori say something along the lines of the movie is the end of the love triangle?

Besides that I always thought that the series would have been more interesting if it was Ranka-->Sheryl<--Alto (even though that's just how the series went anyway). Even though Sheryl/Klan Klan sounds awesome too.
Old 2011-03-05, 18:47   Link #1063
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Macross is a special case where everything (as long as it is endorsed by Kawamori) is canon in some way to its universe.
???

Where are you getting that from?
Old 2011-03-05, 19:08   Link #1064
Thess

Quote:
Even though Sheryl/Klan Klan sounds awesome too.
Sheryl/Klan! Yes, please! There's not enough love for this or Nanase/Ranka.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-03-05, 19:58   Link #1065
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Sheryl/Klan! Yes, please! There's not enough love for this or Nanase/Ranka.
'tis the sad truth my friend.
Old 2011-03-05, 20:44   Link #1066
Thess

Quote:
'tis the sad truth my friend.
There needs to be. I remember those hilarious official fairytale spreads with Prince!Nanase about to kiss Princess!Ranka.

Old 2011-03-06, 01:10   Link #1067
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

By all means, post images to prove your point since all I'm seeing is a lot of posturing from both sides bordering on flaming, and we can't have that.
Old 2011-03-06, 01:14   Link #1068
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'd actually go so far as including whatever it is we've been having so far into the "we can't have that" category, myself.

PS.: That is one HOT sig. Congrats to you for the good taste and to KiNA for doing it.

Old 2011-03-06, 01:25   Link #1069
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Funny, when a moderator of this forum lets you know that in this case you can ignore the rules, I would think that you would jump at the chance to prove your points. <shrugs shoulders>
Old 2011-03-06, 01:58   Link #1070
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
By all means, post images to prove your point since all I'm seeing is a lot of posturing from both sides bordering on flaming, and we can't have that.
Can we post any official sourced-picture for our arguments?

Spoiler for size:

Sometimes, a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words. I'm joking here guys... or I am?

Old 2011-03-06, 03:10   Link #1071
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Tak, I love you.
I know.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-03-06, 03:18   Link #1072
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
/insert some fujoshi babble about how Takky is trying to break my Yottchin x Tak OTP, in that order, if you're wondering/

DAMN YOU TAKKY.

;_;

Old 2011-03-06, 03:34   Link #1073
Tak

I suppose the question is, what have you not shipped me with?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-03-06, 03:37   Link #1074
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I may not know a thing about this whole Ranka thing you guys keep going on about, but the image thing Crow mentioned I think is fine so long as you utilize your AnimeSuki photo album to store your images, and when you link them in a thread, they are either as text links, or contained inside spoiler tags.

Spoiler for pointless Love & Peace lecture:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
DAMN YOU TAKKY.
Lol, Takky... Does that mean you stick to people, or are just a little thorny?
Old 2011-03-06, 03:39   Link #1075
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I know.

- Tak
*insert squeeing*

It's like Han Solo and Princess Leia. Belligerent sexual tension.

To set some of the gender-thing straight in the forum. I'm of the female species too.

Old 2011-03-06, 04:05   Link #1076
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:

- Tak
Hmm, excluding your obsession with Sheryl's costume set that you wear when you were singing Diamond Crevasse and your hidden Lacus fanboying tendencies...

Almost none. You make a good point Takky. But still it's a known fact for some of us that you own a legit harem of admirers in Macross forum alone!

... Actually thinking about it, I do haven't shipped you with cheesie and Swampy or Stray-nii. Hmm.

And to make the off-topicness has some legit content: Am I just seeing things when I saw a boom of BreraxRanka pictures in Pixiv? Though since incestuous relation is cute, I suppose I just squee and Save them uncontrollably.

Old 2011-03-06, 04:18   Link #1077
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
your hidden Lacus fanboying tendencies...
Oh no my dear, that was rather pronounced and never quite hidden. Too bad you weren't here back in 2006, when the Gundam forum was the place to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I'm of the female species too.
I know.

- Tak

Old 2011-03-06, 05:47   Link #1078
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Well hello everyone, it's been awhile.

All I wanted to say is, "told you so!" Ah, the countless and endless debates finally pay off.

- twi

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2011-03-06, 05:49   Link #1079
magnuskn

Quote:
Ok, let's recap:
- she is not capable to work with amateurs and flames Cathy. Well from a pro I expect that they are capable to work even with amateurs. But you are right maybe. Your opinion.
Alto proved her right to be leery of amateurs.

Quote:
- Sheryl treats Alto like a dog, by commanding him around and playing with him
And he is pretty much okay with it. She also has kind and soft conversations with him and takes him out to have fun.

Quote:
- She left alone to search for her earrings without telling where exactly she is
LeGasp! How DARE she use her private time like she wants to? She better get back to the stove immediately and be chained to it!

Quote:
- She presumes to use EX-Gear and gets busted
She had implicit permission to use it from the guys. Yeah, the second time was a bit impulsive. So you think impulsive girls are "bitches"?

Quote:
At the beginning she is a star with allures = bitch.
Again, what you say is very telling.

Quote:
Sorry, you lose. Forumm rules. Just a reminder even though LovemeMeKags fansubber and shares other thoughts based on how he interpretes the situation does not give anyone of us the right to use bad words. Just wrap it in politer words or don't reply as you already said.
I am not using any "bad words" to describe Kags as a person, unless "liar" is a bad word. As for the general use of expletives, we already got a ruling by a mod about this some months ago. If not used too gratuitously and not used to personally attack someone, they are okay. So, thanks for playing.

Quote:

- Tak
Ranka, probably ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Well hello everyone, it's been awhile.

All I wanted to say is, "told you so!" Ah, the countless and endless debates finally pay off.

- twi
I am beginning to think that a good round of "I told you so"'s is really necessary at this point. I thought one day of gloating would be enough, but it seems there needs to be some heavy handed "We were right, you were wrong"s are beginning to be in order to get our point across. Maybe we should include even some "neener neener!"s. ^^

Last edited by magnuskn; 2011-03-06 at 06:17.
Old 2011-03-06, 07:05   Link #1080
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Alto proved her right to be leery of amateurs.
- Yes, and that was after and not before she made her statement. And what Alto did accidentally can also can happen to professionals. The question is just how fast the people are capable to improvise after their mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
And he is pretty much okay with it. She also has kind and soft conversations with him and takes him out to have fun.
- I question that he was fully ok with that. What could he do else than being dogged around after seeing her breast and losing one of her earring? If you looked at his facial expressions then you see that he was not always ok with her statements or decisions.

---------------------------------
Break:
I am going to stop this discussion here. She was a bitch. And we cannot deny this as the statement is clear made by Cathy at the beginning and we also see her toying around with Alto, no matter if he likes it or not. The subs are very clear here. Furthermore it is also clear that she changes. That being said, I won't go any further with this... *snip*

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-03-06 at 13:15. Reason: Let's not get PERSONAL here...
Closed Thread