Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2012-09-16, 19:57   Link #3401
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Sayaka... Is very foorish xD

Think the voice actors will come to LA to see?
Old 2012-09-16, 23:49   Link #3402
sa547
*Author

Holy shit, all tickets sold out! Damn!

http://www.newpeopleworld.com/news/
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-e...1861.html#more
Old 2012-09-17, 00:05   Link #3403
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

lol there are tickets in LA.
Old 2012-09-17, 10:48   Link #3404
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

can anyone please translate some comment on the japanese blog? i want to see how japanese react to this
Old 2012-10-06, 07:49   Link #3405
moshika

poor Sayaka

Spoiler for save space:
moshika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 08:36   Link #3406
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshika View Post
poor Sayaka

Spoiler for save space:
Any translation notes for those stats?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 13:24   Link #3407
getdoubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I would like to also know since I'm wondering if Homura is on there.
getdoubles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 14:46   Link #3408
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdoubles View Post
I would like to also know since I'm wondering if Homura is on there.
Bet the one where Kyoko, Sayaka and Madoka fall low at is Intelligence xD
Old 2012-10-07, 15:55   Link #3409
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...t-magical-girl

There are power levels for Madoka (1-3). I'm guessing the numbers correspond to the loop number, with the 4th and 5th excluded because she's no longer a traditional Puella Magi by then.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 16:13   Link #3410
woxx

Madoka(1) still should be the strongest girl because only she could solo defeat Walpurgis. But she stays below Sayaka... No sense at all there.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 16:26   Link #3411
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Madoka(1) still should be the strongest girl because only she could solo defeat Walpurgis. But she stays below Sayaka... No sense at all there.
Maybe their "strength" rating is just for pure physical strength... in which case, it makes sense for Madoka to be weaker than Sayaka.

There's probably a separate rating for "magical power" or "magical potential" or something like that, and I'm sure that here Madoka is well ahead of Sayaka (as she should be).

Physical Strength and Magical Power are two very different things though. Basically, if Puella Magi Madoka (just the normal one) got into a fight with Puella Magi Sayaka than Madoka would definitely win if Sayaka doesn't close the distance in time... but if it gets to the point of Sayaka's blade crashing down on Madoka's bow, it's probably game over for Madoka. Magic vs. Magic, Madoka wins. But punch/parry vs. punch/parry, and I do think Sayaka takes it.
Old 2012-10-07, 19:25   Link #3412
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Madoka didn't exactly solo Walpurgis, even in the first loop when Mami was there to help. Even if Mami died first, she could have done most of the damage to Walpurgis and all Madoka needed to do was finish it off.

In the second and third loop, Homura was there to help her as well.

The only times Madoka really soloed Walpurgis were the 4th and 5th loops.

Even then, I don't think these numbers are really anything to be taken seriously.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 20:00   Link #3413
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Yea, I think Madoka's (1), (2), (3) are referencing the timelines. In the 4th timeline and onward she is quite literally incalculably powerful.
Old 2012-10-08, 01:34   Link #3414
moshika

Bizan ropeway guide announcements at Machiasobi 2012
moshika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 22:45   Link #3415
MartianMage

Scans of the first volume of "Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica ~ The different story~" have already been released.

Mostly it's about the 3rd drama cd but the last part deviates a bit. It's more like... what if Mami didn't die in the anime and met with Kyouko again at the end of episode 5.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 10:16   Link #3416
maximilianjenus
[E]

ah, good, so like the psps games. I was somehow expecting post madoka world with mami and kyouko having their amazing adventures, that or a flashback arc of them; so we got a flash back, then a fast forward to before the madoka event ?

Last edited by maximilianjenus; 2012-11-14 at 11:25.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 19:45   Link #3417
MartianMage

Yep, that's pretty much it.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2012-11-27, 06:50   Link #3418
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer

(Oh, I'm sure there're lots of girls who'd happily be drafted blind to have any wish fulfilled!) But in the current situation, without any outside compelling or coercion, then it implies a spirited girl could break the contract without any repercussions, would that sound possible? Of all the thousands of girls thru history there MUST'VE been more than a few rebellious types who felt royally screwed and told QB to chuck it. (Can't believe they were all good mannered little girls who did as they were told!). Does QB assassinate such rebels and malcontents to keep the status quo? Or do we actually know what happens to a magic girl who simply quits fighting and retires to a peaceful life that can't feed the seed? Surely some must've tried the nun's life! It might be that shut-mouthed QB doesn't give the girls any ideas that jilting the contract is possible! Or maybe "contract" is a misnomer and what KB's really offering is a sealed no body back deal. But someone here sparked a good idea; maybe the idea of a "contact" really acts like a kind of sly subconscious key to "turn on" a girl's latent power, kind of like a sorcer needs certain key incantations to unlock powerful spells. That's an interesting concept! It could mean a girl has an ability to break the contract more than she knows! I also like the notion that QB's race might have "overlords" watching over them and the contract thing and dishing out powers as required; it always puzzled me that QB's race was able to grant Madoka god-like powers apparently beyond their own, even surprising a clueless QB at the end. How can you grant one power that you don't have yourself -- unless it's handed down from somewhere else? Plus granting any wish that potentially powerful would've been suicidal to QB's race in the hands of a less bleeding-heart shrewder girl. How could QB let that one slip by? IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTFTH
The Pleiades Saints tried to rebel and get out of the contract. They even made their own Incubator that could cleanse their Soul Gems, then erased everyone in the city's memories of Kyubey.

It didn't work, and their Incubator couldn't really clean their Soul Gems, turns out it could only make them look purified. Then they almost all turned into Witches or were killed by another magical girl manipulated by QB.

Thanks a million for that info tip, NTFTH! Looks like I'll be hitting the novels now! Are there any other Madoka sites that focus on the novels you're aware of?

Last edited by B2-Lancer; 2012-11-27 at 08:29. Reason: fixing hidden post segment
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 10:23   Link #3419
maximilianjenus
[E]

novel ? afaik there is only one novel, still if what ou want is more madoka info, I suggest you to get the manga, afaik, tehre is the regular tv adaptation, the oriko magica manga, the kazumi magica manga, the another history manga, the manga time kirara specials and the comic anthologies (the olatter two might be the same thing); the psp game and the production note books also give more info but since they are in japanese you are better off reading the puella wiki.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 11:01   Link #3420
MartianMage

Scans of A Different Story volume 2 is out already...

Poor poor Mami-san... nothing works out for her. Q.Q

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen