AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-03-25, 16:53   Link #21
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX
anyone still interested in the xml for series ?

if yes i could provide one

#animesuki @ irc.synirc.net
SCHADOWFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 04:55   Link #22
codingman

Send a message via ICQ to codingman Send a message via AIM to codingman Send a message via MSN to codingman Send a message via Yahoo to codingman
As my anime collected collection has grown (almost to an unmanagable point now), I've started writing a program to automate checking/downloading new episodes for all the series I'm following (using AS's XML service)
After working on it a bit, I'd like to request a slight change to the existing XML format and a new XML file altogether.

Would it be possible for you to modify the <episode> element by moving the text part of the episode number, ie '(Part 3)' or 'OVA' to an attribute of episode? For example <episode text="(Part 3)">4</episode>

Second, could you setup another XML file to just list Resharing Requested anime?
It would make it much easier to get the data into my program than by parsing the html page manually.

Thanks!

(SCHADOWFOX: An XML for series could be very useful.)
codingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 05:06   Link #23
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Well I'm working on a rewrite of the AnimeSuki "client" scripts and I'll take
your request(s) in consideration. But don't expect them soon.

As for the episode: the episode is stored in the database in two ways:
as string, ie: "4 (Part 3)" for display purposes
as integer, ie: "403" for sorting purposes
Splitting up the information as you requested isn't possible as that's not how it's stored in the DB.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 17:21   Link #24
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX
currently it's only via www.animesuki-network.de/sukiscripts/?id={seriesid} available, i will open the source if the code is a bit better

It currently only shows

- <series>
<status>{file.status}</status>

<release>{file.date}</release>

<file>{file.name}</file>

<group>{file.group}</group>

<size>{file.size}</size>

<ul>{file.ul}</ul>

<dl>{file.dl}</dl>

</series>

maybe iI will add later URLs to it like Groupurl,Torrenturl,Detailsurl

Last edited by SCHADOWFOX; 2004-03-31 at 17:23. Reason: typ0 power :)
Old 2004-05-06, 04:33   Link #25
PnoT

AUTO DL of anime with RSS Reader.

Does anyone use a specific rss reader to dl rss feeds from various anime sites to auto download torrents? I know i use a reader for tvtorrents and ABC to queue up a list of stuff to auto download when i'm working or out. I can find a few places such as animesuki and anime.mirx.com that both have rss feeds but neither one will load into the reader i'm using which is setup for RSS 2.0. I've searched all over to find a reader that will work on the anime sites and even a big anime site that has a nice feed. Does anyone know where i can find some information on finding a reader that's compatible witht his site that will autodl torrents?

Thanks in advance,

PnoT

--Originally posted this in Bittorrent forum but not a single reply---
PnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 04:27   Link #26
PnoT

Someone out there has to be using an automated download rss reader for
anime. I have it setup for tv shows and it works great but after a week of
looking i'm still unable to find an rss reader that will read 0.91 feeds AND
auto run the torrents automatically.

PNot
Old 2004-05-08, 14:01   Link #27
B3H

I want to know how, I can display a tha anisuki tracker on my site. Is this done through xml or rss? Can some1 give me a quick run down of what to do...?
B3H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 05:35   Link #28
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

as far as I know AnimeSuki doesn't run a Tracker

Old 2004-05-09, 06:53   Link #29
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Yes we do, for the torrents on AnimeSuki's Torrents page.
But I still don't understand what he's saying exactly.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 08:23   Link #30
TronDD
Team the box!

I think he wants to have the animesuki listings on his own site. As far as I know, you want to use the XML. I haven't done it, so I can't help you beyond the directions in the first post.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-10, 07:28   Link #31
B3H

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
I think he wants to have the animesuki listings on his own site. As far as I know, you want to use the XML. I haven't done it, so I can't help you beyond the directions in the first post.
yes what he said ^
Old 2004-05-10, 07:50   Link #32
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Then you should use the XML for the latest torrents.

Old 2004-05-10, 14:02   Link #33
B3H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHADOWFOX
Then you should use the XML for the latest torrents.
so i use xml, if i want to display the latest/newest torrents. lets say i want to display the series naruto http://animesuki.animehack.com/series.php/3.html When i open the xml or rss, its just a bunch of text, i wanna know how i can feed that into a page on my site
Old 2004-05-10, 16:01   Link #34
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

There you go.

Old 2004-05-10, 16:53   Link #35
B3H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHADOWFOX
thanx your are my savior
*bows down*
Old 2004-05-11, 05:03   Link #36
PnoT

bumpmebumpme
Old 2004-05-11, 05:15   Link #37
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

you should have asked your question in this thread... you may get better responses...
Old 2004-05-11, 06:21   Link #38
TronDD
Team the box!

Well after you started this thread I was curious about RSS. By the time I got around to installing software this thread had dissapeared on me and I couldn't find it. (Can't search for "RSS" on this forum and the only other related words I could think of were "download" and "anime", those wont work either ).

What are you using to auto-download? I only found one app that claimed to auto-download (had anime in the name) but it wasn't very good and I didn't see how to get it to download stuff.

After looking into RSS, and even writing my own feed for manga, it's very simple. It would be easy to write a script in linux that would monitor feeds for certain titles and launch a linux bittorrent client. It would be harder to accomplish in Windows, though, but there are open source bittorrent apps and RSS readers for Windows. It could be done.
Old 2004-05-11, 09:34   Link #39
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
After looking into RSS, and even writing my own feed for manga, it's very simple. It would be easy to write a script in linux that would monitor feeds for certain titles and launch a linux bittorrent client. It would be harder to accomplish in Windows, though, but there are open source bittorrent apps and RSS readers for Windows. It could be done.
Actually, this is a great idea... think TiVo... Imagine a program that would keep track of the files you like to download (monitor trends and interests) and automatically monitor RSS feeds to look for new files. For example, if you're following a certain series, it would automatically look out for when the next episode is released and start the BitTorrent download automatically. But, if you tied it into a larger database, it could actually automatically classify anime by genre (based on file classification databases), so then you could take it to the next level - "You liked y, so there's this new show z you might also like..." (Think the Anime Recommendations Database.) Of course, you'd be able to place limits on how much bandwidth or disk space you'd like to make available to the auto-download function. In theory, though, you'd just leave your computer on at night, and you'd wake up in the morning with a bunch of new shows to watch. This wouldn't only apply to anime, though - you could set it up to monitor other files and programs - for example, every time a new version of a program is released. I don't know whether there's generally enough bandwidth to make that feasible today for the mass-market, but in the near future it would seem to me like the next logical step.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone is working on something like that for BitTorrent, but it sounds like a good idea to me!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 10:26   Link #40
TronDD
Team the box!

Wow, you think big, don't you?

"On Demand" TV is becomming common place, if not in your home already, cable providers already use it to play local commercials. Your idea is basically the same combined with a TiVo. Instead of streaming the shows when you watch, it downloads them first.

Most of the data is already out there in various locations. I think the biggest problem would be an individual's bandwidth. No matter how much bandwdth you provider tells you you have, they don't like it when you use it. I've recieved letters.

I suppose one could write a TiVo-like UI that would monitor what you download, catagorize and rate them, make suggestions, but only download what you request.

Hmmm...anyone want to start a software project with me?

Tags
animesuki suggestion, faq, feature request, wiki candidate