AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-04-06, 21:39   Link #3041
ChampDream
Alive

If Arba is the one that become evil then I guess she will kill Sheba.
Old 2014-04-06, 22:39   Link #3042
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Very interesting what was said about the quality of magoi changing, feeling impure.
I wonder how that will connect with Ilah and falling into depravity.
The impurities would probably be black(?) magoi and probably Sheba will learn to harness said power and without even realizing it will fall into depravity. The origin dragon is probably the one that summoned the black hite thing into Alma Toran.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 00:36   Link #3043
Fwarlord

And I thought Yuno is the ultimate yandere...

But with this, be it Sheba or Arba, if she decide to end not only their current world but also each and every world related to the guy she like because he doesn't return her feeling, we are gonna have a new legend to worship.
Old 2014-04-07, 01:01   Link #3044
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

One person turning evil out of love? Ok. But why would Solomon's other companions follow her?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 06:08   Link #3045
hamazura
whatever

sheeba
and offensive borg is too awesome!
Old 2014-04-07, 10:53   Link #3046
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sheba is so cute. Part of me wants her to be Gyokuen, because it would be interesting to see such a likable character turn into the main villain of the series. Looking forward to her transformation, if it does turn out to be her.

They said only third-rate magicians can't control their aging in this chapter, so what does that make Scheherazade? Did Solomon make it so that nobody could be immortal in his new world? Al Thamen found a way though.

I lol'd at Ugo being the Alibaba of this world. Hasn't managed to get a girlfriend in over 58 years... the first guy in this manga who is a real wizard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
One person turning evil out of love? Ok. But why would Solomon's other companions follow her?
Indeed. There has to be a deeper reason Al Thamen was founded. Look at Falan, she seems like such a nice gal. Solomon probably did something unthinkable to push her to turn against him.

I'm starting to think Solomon betrayed his own ideals, and that Al thamen are the ones who are still loyal to them. He used to believe all the different species could live in peace, and yet he created a world only for the humans.
Old 2014-04-07, 12:00   Link #3047
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

I lol'd at Ugo being the Alibaba of this world. Hasn't managed to get a girlfriend in over 58 years... the first guy in this manga who is a real wizard.
There is hope for you yet, Alibaba~! Fight on, Alibaba~!

I think that by his 'betrayal' is that he became a 'God King' as well, same as what his father did. He seemed a lot more benevolent but the fact is he became what he did not want to be, what he originally stood against. I think that something happens to Arba and he flips his priorities a bit. Could the dark rukh have invaded Arba (or possibly Sheba) and he couldn't save her...? That could make anyone change - losing their childhood friend/imouto-type to a mistake that they made. Solomon raises her/them back to life but, unknown to Solomon, they 'came back wrong'. TO ensure it doesn't happen again, you gain TOTAL control, exactly what you DIDN'T want to in the beginning.

That could possibly fulfill the 'arrogance' part of what they claim.
Old 2014-04-07, 14:35   Link #3048
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I'm starting to think Solomon betrayed his own ideals, and that Al thamen are the ones who are still loyal to them. He used to believe all the different species could live in peace, and yet he created a world only for the humans.
Actually, what if its the opposite? Solomon was so focused on creating equality for all races that he ended up neglecting humans and putting every other race above them, leading his human companions to disliking the way things are going.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 15:11   Link #3049
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Sheba is so cute. Part of me wants her to be Gyokuen, because it would be interesting to see such a likable character turn into the main villain of the series. Looking forward to her transformation, if it does turn out to be her.

They said only third-rate magicians can't control their aging in this chapter, so what does that make Scheherazade? Did Solomon make it so that nobody could be immortal in his new world? Al Thamen found a way though.

Indeed. There has to be a deeper reason Al Thamen was founded. Look at Falan, she seems like such a nice gal. Solomon probably did something unthinkable to push her to turn against him.

It's not stated whether they stop their body from aging only, or if they actually make themselves immortal...
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 19:38   Link #3050
natchu96

Origin Dragon eh . . .

Sheba seems screwed. Also, where's that picture of Alibaba and Aladdin with Ugo and Solomon standing behind them? Ugo is pretty much just as unpopular than Mr. Universe's-Punching-Bag here.
natchu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 19:50   Link #3051
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
It's not stated whether they stop their body from aging only, or if they actually make themselves immortal...
If your definition of immortal is "someone that can't die even if you cut him to pieces and burn his remains" the they are not immortal. But if your definition of immortal is "they do not die of natural causes" them they are immortal. Remember, aging is a disease with a 100% fatality rate.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 20:17   Link #3052
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It will be interesting to see what lead to Al-Thamen being formed and what part Solomon himself had in things going downhill. Maybe it's also a cautionary tale for Sinbad if nothing else. Two extremely gifted individuals. Can already guess at how Sinbad has changed since becoming a King and how his ideals were affected by that.

Sheba's development over the coming chapters will definitely be something to keep an eye on.
Old 2014-04-08, 01:21   Link #3053
natchu96

Speaking of immortality, maybe it's not that magicians in the current world are third-rate compared to Solomon's world's magicians, but simply not having 800 years of research to develop the theory behind it?

Something to stop human aging should probably be well known, but Sheba seemed surprised. Maybe it's a relatively new development.
natchu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 02:56   Link #3054
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Actually, what if its the opposite? Solomon was so focused on creating equality for all races that he ended up neglecting humans and putting every other race above them, leading his human companions to disliking the way things are going.
This is probably what made his friends turned against him. What if in order to protect other species, he took all the divine staves from his friends and gave them to other species ? I'm pretty sure that will piss off at least some.
Not to mention that at 12 yo, he seems perfectly confident in what he's doing but once he united all the races, he became not so sure about that. Remember his question toward the "creepy eyes magi" after she praised him: " Are you sure about that?". I think he lost Arba along his quest and without her - the childhood friend, he started to believe that he's a real god.
In his childhood, his friends ( Ithnan, Falan, Wahid...) always surround him but once he become the king, they all stood far away from him.
Old 2014-04-08, 13:51   Link #3055
shalala

I wonder what is the course of the rukh going impure. Seeing how llah it self seems to having slowly falling into that state. Soo what if the black rukh was at fault for causing Falan and co to fall into depravity. As they all gain rukh from llah.

Also the state of Sheba's eyes back when we first see her are completely different then they are now in the current chapter. Any one else notice that Falan and Wahid have had a child together :P. Who knew that Wahid was a boob man..Well it was a given as a few chapters ago he was seen groping Falan :P.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 16:01   Link #3056
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
If your definition of immortal is "someone that can't die even if you cut him to pieces and burn his remains" the they are not immortal. But if your definition of immortal is "they do not die of natural causes" them they are immortal. Remember, aging is a disease with a 100% fatality rate.
Halting the aging of physical appearance is something even the human body can achieve to some rate. It does not mean that your brain cells won't deterioate or that your heart won't be getting weaker over the years. In the Magi universe there is also Rukh to be considered. The biological process of aging itself is the subject of this question, even if in regards to the story this is totally unrelated.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 17:25   Link #3057
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

She lived to be 200+ years, so she's fine. Look at Mogamett. But Alma Toran had much more time to develop magic. Not to mention a society based on it, dependent on its very survival. Instead of oppressing magicians.

Quote:

I'm starting to think Solomon betrayed his own ideals, and that Al thamen are the ones who are still loyal to them.
I'm pretty sure early Solomon didn't have "destroy the world" in his ideals, though.

Quote:
He used to believe all the different species could live in peace, and yet he created a world only for the humans.
And one language.

We know the Fanalis are beasts turned into humans. Could that be true of every non magician? Maybe in Alma Toran, every human was a magician, but in the new world... Solomon turned the non-humans into human gois, while the human stayed magicians. And the genes mixed.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 17:32   Link #3058
Key Board
Carbon

I'm guessing either the other species betrayed Solomon in the end, or he went mad like Morgamett trying to solve a problem that could not be solved
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 21:03   Link #3059
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

we have seen the rank of al-thamen and they're all human. Not to mention in aladdin's dream, solomon' s line when he saw the rebellion is: " so the magicians couldn't agree with me, huh?". I think we can be sure that all other species stay loyal with him til the end.
Old 2014-04-08, 21:30   Link #3060
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
I'm actually really looking forward to this manga. I loved the Disney movie of Aladdin when i was a kid. Not like this manga has anything in common with that 90s flick but still, the characters so far are awesome and badass. And Ugo-kun's really funny:P Hope this gets picked up cuz there are bout 80+ chapters untranslated so far
That was also my favorite Disney movie, It also made me curious about this series. I ended up loving this series to pieces. Not that they have much in common, but I love them both.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen