AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-06-15, 20:48   Link #21
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Which Frostbite engine we talking about here? I'm guess they're trying to let the game run on as wide a range of rigs as possible.
Old 2015-06-15, 20:55   Link #22
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Curious how the hell they go to Andromeda. They seem to have developed working FTL or something that doesn't require relays, considering the fucked up state of the galaxy at the end of the first game that would have required some effort... Also, why go to a new galaxy at all? Didn't the relays only cover like 1-10% of our galaxy? Most importantly, how will our colour coded ending affect this game (if at all). How many years later is this?

So the n7 guy is either Sheppard, Sheppards clone, Sheppards kid, Sheppards long lost nephews cousins former room mate. If it's fighting Reapers (again!), maybe they kept Sheppard on ice for a couple hundred years, and just unleash him/her every now and then, and your character is their keeper, or something.

If it is colonisation (or probably searching, for reapers to kill), it has the Wild West feel to it... Tbh, it felt kind of bounty hunterish to me.
Old 2015-06-15, 21:03   Link #23
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
So the n7 guy is either Sheppard, Sheppards clone, Sheppards kid, Sheppards long lost nephews cousins former room mate. If it's fighting Reapers (again!), maybe they kept Sheppard on ice for a couple hundred years, and just unleash him/her every now and then, and your character is their keeper, or something.
From the details of the leaks from a couple of months ago, whose legitimacy just went up due to the Andromeda reveal, the story has nothing to do with Shepard whatsoever, and that you're supposedly playing as a "Pathfinder" tasked with establishing colonies in the Andromeda galaxy.

From what I read of the leak, it seems that there'll be an actual strategy layer to the game since you're no longer just having your ship go between planets to undertake missions, but instead you're also establishing territory as you go, with each territory apparently having different strategic uses.

Assuming the above is even remotely true, this should make for a nice game that's a lot more strategic than the simple planet-hopping that the first three games were.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2015-06-15, 21:46   Link #24
Mr Hat and Clogs

Could also mean humans scavenged the reaper tech and use it to rapidly build colonies and so on. So that weird lighting building thing could be a lot less sinister than it looks on the surface.
Old 2015-06-16, 03:33   Link #25
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Could also mean humans scavenged the reaper tech and use it to rapidly build colonies and so on. So that weird lighting building thing could be a lot less sinister than it looks on the surface.
I have a feeling those things are part of the "Remnant" the leak talks about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak (take with grain of salt)
Along the way, you will encounter the remains of a once powerful and mysterious alien race, the Remnant, whose forgotten technology holds the key to gaining power in this region of the galaxy. As you uncover who the Remnant were, and the mysteries their ruins contain, you are drawn into a violent race to find the source of their forgotten technology that will determine the fate of humanity.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2015-06-16, 05:23   Link #26
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

inb4 the Remnant are Reapers too.
Old 2015-06-16, 09:43   Link #27
james0246

I hope the Reaper stuff is over with. I'm definitely an ender apologist, but even I found the whole synthetic v. organic theme tired and silly, and bringing the Reapers back will only unnecessarily continue said theme.

That being said, wasn't there supposed to be some hidden big bad that the Reapers were combating in the background of the story? Maybe these new villains are those supposed villains that were never fleshed out beyond a few key clues and some insider talk.
Old 2015-06-16, 12:03   Link #28
Wandering Soul

I would also like a new antagonist rather than having the Reapers again. I'm fine with some of the technology being reaper tech but I don't really want the Reapers appearing again as major threat.
Old 2015-06-16, 17:39   Link #29
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The "self-entitlement" with the last game is because from the get-go, from the very start, we were told that it'd be a trilogy, and that your choices in the games would go on to craft a unique ending that takes into account all of your significant choices in the ending of the third game. They told us that'd be the case in Mass Effect 1, they told us that'd be the case in Mass Effect 2, and they told us that'd be the case in the build-up to Mass Effect 3.

What we got was "Pick your color" and a distant finale that revealed absolutely nothing of what your choices led to. Mass Effect fans were lied to from the get-go about their final trilogy ending, so of course they were pissed off.
The whole issue with that was that the studio apparently gave up on the original envisioned ending half way through the development and had a different lead writer come up with a new one for a game that was clearly rushed out the door by the overlords at EA.

It wasn't half as rushed as Fable 3 but I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one feeling like that the final battle came a little bit too soon and without proper buildup on the final game.

And I won't even get to the "pick your color" bit. That just shows that the team clearly had absolutely NO time to make even a single alternate ending. I'm pinning this one squarely on EA. If Microsoft hadn't gone all Kinect and properly funded Bioware instead of letting EA pick it up and do what it does best (ruin studios) we just might have gotten the original vision for the game. I don't think it's a coincidence that the trilogy got more and more into the shooter territory the longer the time went by. Shooters sell an awful lot better than RPGs.
Old 2015-06-17, 06:05   Link #30
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
From the details of the leaks from a couple of months ago, whose legitimacy just went up due to the Andromeda reveal, the story has nothing to do with Shepard whatsoever, and that you're supposedly playing as a "Pathfinder" tasked with establishing colonies in the Andromeda galaxy.

From what I read of the leak, it seems that there'll be an actual strategy layer to the game since you're no longer just having your ship go between planets to undertake missions, but instead you're also establishing territory as you go, with each territory apparently having different strategic uses.

Assuming the above is even remotely true, this should make for a nice game that's a lot more strategic than the simple planet-hopping that the first three games were.
Hell fucking yes! Explore, Exterminate, Exploit. Give me the ability to decide how to build the colony and walk every single corner of it, and I'll be happy

Also, make a denser galaxy, more intrigue, more planets, and more things to shoot, collect, talk, research.

Randomized planets are welcome.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
Old 2015-11-08, 05:22   Link #31
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

New trailer with not much to show apart from that nifty looking ship, though hearing Jennifer Hale in the role as Shepard is very nice

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2015-11-08, 05:48   Link #32
Mr Hat and Clogs

Well, that was a fairly nice, but ultimately uninformative video.

Curious how Shepard is involved in this, I do hope their role isn't that big though.

That ship is totally Reaper tech, you can tell by the blue lights!
Old 2015-11-08, 06:36   Link #33
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Curious how Shepard is involved in this, I do hope their role isn't that big though.
The message here does make it sound like Shepard is simply giving the Andromeda explorers a send-off speech.

Also, I get what the "N7" Day is all about now: November 7.

Old 2015-11-08, 07:46   Link #34
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
New trailer with not much to show apart from that nifty looking ship, though hearing Jennifer Hale in the role as Shepard is very nice

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Would have been much more emotional for me if they had a version with Mark Meer's voice since I always play as Male Shepard or.you know it used both voices to deliver the message and please don't tell me that she was the better VA (tired of hear that excuse), neither was better or more badass than the other.

P.S. In the trailer the dogtags are said to have the name Ryder on them.
Old 2015-11-08, 07:58   Link #35
Westlo
Lets be reality

Jennifer Hale >>>>>

Old 2015-11-08, 08:47   Link #36
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Jennifer Hale >>>>>

Is subjective, to me she sounds like generic female #12345 mostly because of how in many games she voices mob characters.
Old 2015-11-08, 13:59   Link #37
Frontier

I recall that MaleShep was primarily used for marketing when it came to the trilogy, so here Bioware using FemShep for this was a nice touch .

And I say this as someone who loves Jennifer Hale but never once played FemShep .

Last edited by Frontier; 2015-11-08 at 19:38.
Old 2015-11-08, 14:58   Link #38
Chosen_Hero

I'm just saying if they can take the ME3 trailer and make one for Fenale Shepard after her fans demanded one, why not do the same for this trailer with Male Shepard?
Old 2015-11-08, 15:22   Link #39
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I'm just saying if they can take the ME3 trailer and make one for Fenale Shepard after her fans demanded one, why not do the same for this trailer with Male Shepard?
Because ME3 was advertising the change they made for the default female Shepard design to appeal to more fans. Here, though, if BioWare is keeping their word and the old cast won't actually make an appearance, then it'd just be a waste of production resources to make another commercial featuring the same thing when the current one works perfectly fine as it is.
Old 2015-11-08, 17:02   Link #40
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Because ME3 was advertising the change they made for the default female Shepard design to appeal to more fans. Here, though, if BioWare is keeping their word and the old cast won't actually make an appearance, then it'd just be a waste of production resources to make another commercial featuring the same thing when the current one works perfectly fine as it is.
So? Many people played all the way through as Male Shep and have more attachment to the voice. Getting BOTH to do the voices would have been great like the Fallout 4 final trailer. But no I guess they decided to pander to the louder fanbase and frankly more annoying.

Either way, doesn't do squat than to wet the pants of Halefans. No ingame footage in any sense of the word. Huge useless trailer imo even if both were featured.

Tags
rpg, sci-fi