AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-18, 22:40   Link #5481
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

RWBY: Official Manga Anthology will be out in English!
Old 2018-01-20, 07:02   Link #5482
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Re: "Adam should have put up a better fight"

At risk of repeating myself, but I haven't really heard an answer... Him and what army? There were like what, five of them?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 08:04   Link #5483
Tenzen12

Adam should have been army...
Old 2018-01-20, 11:27   Link #5484
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 14:

Raven ran. Yeah. Again. After the credits she seems to have visited Tai though. That said she clearly fears Salem SO MUCH that she willingly left and surrendered the relic to her daughter. Huh.

Adam runs like a little punk bitch. Objectively not chasing him was the correct choice since the White Fang group loyal to him is effectively neutralized. He looks like he's going to join Salem though...

The relic looks like a healing potion flask of sorts. Obviously a container of power.

Now that Cinder is dead(?), Emerald freaks out and brings out a freakishly large illusion of Salem, enough to cause a distraction for the remaining 3 to escape.

Team RWBY reunion. D'aaaawww.

Overall a slightly anticlimactic season finale since they went all out in the previous episode.

Season 6 is going to be Atlas.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 12:03   Link #5485
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
The Week Late Train rolls into Episode 13.

Nice head-butt, Ruby. When all else fails, play dirty. The other side probably will.

So if I understand the conversation correctly, aura isn't just a protective shield but has some restorative qualities, too? I didn't realize that. And that means Jaune is basically like a booster shot for another person.

No, semi-off-screen, Hazel has lit up Qrow, Ren, and Oscar. And then Nora treats him like a high left curveball that doesn't actually curve. Dang.

And then we encounter one of my biggest pet peeves. SENSE. OF. URGENCY. Man does it bother me when people just stand around talking in the middle of an urgent situation or a crisis. Hazel apparently can keep his calm enough to just loiter around outside while the Blake/Adam conversation is taking place, and no one inside seems to be doing much of anything, either. Finally, Adam swipes at a Blake's shawdow, and Blake somehow moves inside the arc of Adam's blade (after it passes) to knock him out with a single blow. Rrrrrrrrighttt..... Felt like they budgeted no time for that confrontation and chose that to get out of it quickly so that we could get to the meat of the episode, Raven v. Cinder.

One thing before that, though... So... Yang has her red eyes, but "calms down" and just lets Mercury take her arm. No using that anchor point to whip around and knock him senseless so that she could keep her arm before heading down?

Anyway, the Raven/Cinder fight definitely was visually impressive, as the first Maiden v. Maiden fight should be. But at the same time, it felt really overdone to me. For me, it seemed to be just a blue. Okay, I see that they're going all out and there are lots of pretty lights and colors, but... it doesn't seem like that much is actually happening.

Can't fathom that Cinder is actually dead. I'm sure she'll come back, and she'll be much more Grimm than she has appeared until now. More Salem-ish, I'd say.

Finally, so... I guess from the comment about Episode 14 above already this won't happen, but what if that portal to the relic closed while you were retrieving the relic? Stuck in the desert forever? Is that even on Remnant or is it another dimension?

Anyway, looking forward to the finale next week. Hopefully there's some actual Yang dialog so that we can close out the season for my favorite character well.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 12:07   Link #5486
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
So if I understand the conversation correctly, aura isn't just a protective shield but has some restorative qualities, too? I didn't realize that. And that means Jaune is basically like a booster shot for another person.
That was established back in Volume 1 when Pyrrha unlocked Jaune's Aura and his wounds healed right away. Since Pyrrha wasn't too surprise by that happening and she clearly didn't see that as a Semblance then it was natural to assume that Aura has healing properties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
And then we encounter one of my biggest pet peeves. SENSE. OF. URGENCY. Man does it bother me when people just stand around talking in the middle of an urgent situation or a crisis.
Agreed. Makes me want to tear my hair off when they just calmly talk while standing around and the enemies lets them

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 13:27   Link #5487
shiki343

OMG I'm so heated! I was actually really excited for this finale, to the point where I didn't want to wait for Tuesday to find out what happens (I don't have a first membership). Now I'm just so mad. From what MeoTwister5 said in his comment this is probably the most anticlimactic finale of the entire series. Every finale so far has ended with a big fight and a hook to get us hyped for the next volume, but it seems like this one doesn't even give us that. No big final battle? No new characters revealed? No new revelations? Nothing? Wow.

Raven just gives up and leaves? At least she doesn't die. That would suck, because I'm just starting to like her character. Cinder doesn't come back? The best villain in the series is actually possibly dead? So, is Ruby vs. Cinder not going to happen now? All that build-up for nothing? What do we have for villains now?

Adam, Emerald, Mercury, and Hazel all get beat and run like bitches. Why should I be hyped for them? Tyrian got beat in the last volume, and Watts I've never cared about. We don't even get Adam's backstory, or see him unmasked?

On top of that, Ruby never got her epic moment? So she literally did nothing this volume. Our "main character" everybody. No development or even any awesome fights involving her. WTF!

I gotta say, I'm not hyped for volume 6 at all right now. I'll still see, but my hype is at an all-time low. I'm more excited for RWBY Chibi Season 3 than volume 6. Gen lock looks cool too.
shiki343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 13:47   Link #5488
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Disney clearly took over Rooster Teeth. Happy Ending galore from the good side in this episode. And the baddies have become incompetent. Whoopi!

And it took a 16-17 year old to point out how much bad decisions Raven has been making. Doesn't want to take part in the war but takes in the Spring Maiden and later kills her to get her powers. Doesn't want to choose sides but planned to steal the Relic. If that doesn't paint a big bullsye on her back I don't know what will and she couldn't have realized this by herself? Dumb bitch.

And no Yang slapping Blake scene? Disappoint how issues are just handwaved.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2018-01-20 at 14:02.
Old 2018-01-20, 13:55   Link #5489
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Overall, this season was disappointing to me. Let's hope it gets better in season 6 or I might just not have the energy to keep watching.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 16:49   Link #5490
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm a simple man. I get some enjoyment out of the tiniest things. Such as the title characters reuniting. And this arc coming to a close. The criticisms I heard, most of them are fine.

But I still don't think Adam can take on an entire army by himself.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 18:29   Link #5491
Twi

If Cinder had died, wouldn't the Maiden power get transferred over to whoever she thought of at the final moments?

I mean, I could see Emerald inheriting it if that was the case, swearing vengeance and all. But I doubt she's dead until we see a broken body.
Old 2018-01-20, 19:45   Link #5492
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
That was established back in Volume 1 when Pyrrha unlocked Jaune's Aura and his wounds healed right away. Since Pyrrha wasn't too surprise by that happening and she clearly didn't see that as a Semblance then it was natural to assume that Aura has healing properties.
Thanks. I can't remember what I had for breakfast let alone something I saw years ago. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Agreed. Makes me want to tear my hair off when they just calmly talk while standing around and the enemies lets them
I guess talking is a free action!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 21:14   Link #5493
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I assume a more stable and unified plot is what we're getting next season since all these separate threads are now brought together and the team itself is back together.

At the very least there's no more excuse for a loose and fragmented storytelling that really plagued volume 4 and 5. Everyone knew that this was clearly going to be a problem with the decision to split everyone up for 2 volumes. Now that the White Fang subplot is finished (for better or for worse) and that Ozpin himself points everyone towards Atlas, we can at least believe everyone is on the same page now.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 00:52   Link #5494
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Uhh, so that's it.

Once again, a volume has shown the greatest weakness of RWBY, and it's the poor plot focus when different storylines occur at the same time. The story was just handled poorly, especially at the end where the attack of Haven Academy had the same sense of danger as an entire neighborhood witnessing an attempted cat burglary. (No offense, Blake.)

It's kinda ironic that the seemingly unneeded Menagerie portion of the volume was the best executed part of the story.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 01:17   Link #5495
shiki343

I agree with MeoTwister in that at least the series can have a singular focus again, like it used to going forward now that the gang is reunited. Still, I'm not that hyped for the next volume.

Since volume 6 will be in Atlas mostly, we can assume the main focus will be on Weiss. That means her father and brother will be back in the limelight once again, which I can do without. I hate their guts, not just because of their actions, but because they're one-dimensional antagonists with nothing going for them as characters, if you can even call them that. They feel more like plot devices more than characters.

There are a couple things I'm slightly excited for. I want to finally see Weiss's mother on screen (not just in a picture) who I still think is the winter maiden. Weiss's grandfather is still alive too, so it's be nice to see him as well.

I also want to finally meet Penny's creator. Maybe Penny can even return, and what I mean by that is a new model of her; Penny 2.0 or something. That could be potentially interesting and setup some drama involving Ruby, which she desperately needs.

Other than those things, there's nothing I'm really hyped about.
shiki343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 02:07   Link #5496
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

People are upset how terrible this volume became
Me? i am just glad we had some Rosegarden quality in this volume.
also LMAO Weiss coming back next season right after she fleed, RIP unknown pilot your sacrifice is coming to vain.

Well, before they set up to Atlas i think they should have one episode to focus a bit to expand Haven setting in next volume 6. It rather strange how we only get Leo as Mistral character, at last reintroduce Neptune and gang and fill some blank in setting.
There should be a scene involved Phyrria since Mistral was her homeland and she was quite popular there.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 02:43   Link #5497
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

^What ship is Rosegarden? I can't keep up with the many names of pairings in this fandom.

Old 2018-01-21, 02:47   Link #5498
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

^Just google Rosegarden RWBY you will see what is it.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 16:14   Link #5499
Tenzen12

Ruby and Oskar?! I didn't even know these two are shippable. Well in rwby majority of "ships" are probably just attempt name even single combination of characters regardless whether they get along or whether they ever seen each other.
Old 2018-01-21, 16:21   Link #5500
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Ruby and Oskar?! I didn't even know these two are shippable. Well in rwby majority of "ships" are probably just attempt name even single combination of characters regardless whether they get along or whether they ever seen each other.
it's the internet everything is shippable

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby