Some shots of the MG Heavyarms EW...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Real Grade Freedom...

Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-29, 22:50   Link #22862
bio9205
Reborn

Speaking of RG Freedom, how are the RG kits? I've yet to buy one. Are the parts easily loose, due to their small size?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 23:43   Link #22863
casval cehack

RG RX-78-2 (no. 01) and the Zakus have a lot of armor plates that keep falling when you try to pose it. It's mostly solved in Strike (no. 03), though the minimized number of armor parts lost options like attaching the beam rifle to the back skirt or the sliding shield handle. With the Freedom now including a dedicated ABS rifle hand, the fragile manipulators can now be reserved for better poses. RG Mark II would probably be the most detailed if not perfect 1/144 kit.

Last edited by casval cehack; 2011-10-30 at 01:08. Reason: series count
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 04:07   Link #22864
maknaedik

Just finished my HG Genoace. Well, it's a very easy build. It only has three runners so that's expected. Very poseable guy, indeed! However, it looks underwhelming compared to Age-1 Normal, which was priced the same as it, when it comes to gimmicks. I'll start on its review by tomorrow, and hopefully finish it as well tomorrow

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 04:08   Link #22865
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
the thrusters do look kinda thick to me. in the photo with the backshot, the thrusters on the right, there you can see that the grey and the red parts of the thruster actually seem to be seperate pieces. if thats true i would REALLY like that! i like it a lot how the thrusters look in the photos like that^^
Hey, you´re right. I did not notice that before
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 04:54   Link #22866
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Hey, you´re right. I did not notice that before
Me neither. You could very well be right, appel.

Looking at those new pictures, I gotta say I love how bandai has included that beamsabermount-forearm, even though it was only used once for heero.
Old 2011-10-30, 05:23   Link #22867
Appel

the FA unicorn is a MG release afterall and they only have to make new plates for the extra weapons and boosters. i think making one red plate wouldnt be too much to ask for XD

and about the heavyarms' beam saberarm, i really like that, too! its nice that although they are obviously cashing in on the wing series they still try to keep a lot of attention for details.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 11:33   Link #22868
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
the FA unicorn is a MG release afterall and they only have to make new plates for the extra weapons and boosters. i think making one red plate wouldnt be too much to ask for XD

and about the heavyarms' beam saberarm, i really like that, too! its nice that although they are obviously cashing in on the wing series they still try to keep a lot of attention for details.
It would just be something new for me, if they make thrusters with two colors. I've build a crapload of HG, NG and MG kits and I've yet to see a thruster with two colors.

Say Apple, does the PG Red Frame have dual-colored thrusters?
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 11:43   Link #22869
Appel

Quote:
It would just be something new for me, if they make thrusters with two colors. I've build a crapload of HG, NG and MG kits and I've yet to see a thruster with two colors.

i thought i remembered that one of my kits has yellow thrusters inside but turns out that i just remembered photos of the painted ReZEL :P its colorguide says that the inside of the thrusters should be yellow.

the PG astray doesnt really have thrusters. it only has two VERY tiny nozzles on its tiny backpack^^
http://dalong.net/review/pg/p11/p/p11_09.jpg
Old 2011-10-30, 14:33   Link #22870
Butagami

Quote:

Don't be too happy right away :P those are some big-ass thrusters (the powers of the space and hyphen really shine here). 's not gonna be nuthin' reg'lar. Enough ridicule.

finally got to finishing up freedom by doing the shield (it's ok) and the rifle (hate it. won't stay in his hand properly, won't stay on his ass properly too).

Now the trial begins. I'll have to refrain from building Wing, as the next two weeks will be examapalooza...
Old 2011-10-30, 15:28   Link #22871
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
inally got to finishing up freedom by doing the shield (it's ok) and the rifle (hate it. won't stay in his hand properly, won't stay on his ass properly too).

Now the trial begins. I'll have to refrain from building Wing, as the next two weeks will be examapalooza...
oh yes, gotta love the old 3-1-thumb MG hands XD they dont work for sh*t! they cant hold anything properly...

which wing gundam did you get?
Old 2011-10-30, 20:32   Link #22872
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Tons of new stuff on the HG Age series kits...

=D

HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-1T Titus (Release Date: Nov 2011, Price: 1200 yen)
HG 1/144 RGE-8790CW Genoace Custom [Wolf Eniacl Use] (Release Date: Dec 2011, Price: 1280 yen)
Spoiler:

HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-1S Sparrow (Release Date: Dec 2011, Price: 1200 yen)
HG 1/144 Zedas (Release Date: Nov 2011, Price: 1575 yen)
Spoiler:

Gundam AGE HG 1/144 G EXES (Release Date: Dec 2010, Price: 1260)
Spoiler:

HG 1/144 Baqto (Release Date: Dec 2011, Price: 1500 yen)
Spoiler:

With that, I really can't wait to see what Bandai does for:

MG AGE-1 Normal
MG AGE-1 Titus
MG AGE-1 Sparrow
SD AGE-1 Normal
SD AGE-1 Titus
SD AGE-1 Sparrow

It may seem that I may continue getting more GunPla after the 00 kits I want Bandai to make.

Old 2011-10-30, 21:23   Link #22873
maknaedik

Though I know that MG Titus is currently on development, I can't help but be tempted at HG Titus just because of the good reviews I've seen, so far, of Age-1 Normal

Old 2011-10-30, 22:14   Link #22874
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Can't say I'm a fan of the Titus but I do like the Sparrow. That one would look great with a custom paint job, makes me want it, thinking about it

The EXES is cool as well but that would def need a custom paint job, that plain white isn't quite working.

I haven't gotten round to watching AGE yet and honestly never thought about getting any of the AGE stuff but more I see of em more I think I might jump on that band wagon(whihc I probably will towards the end of the year)
I think with custom paint, they would look great.

Something thats always been on my mind but couldn't quite place was what AGE 1 kinda reminded me of and only just realized it's kinda Transformers like.
It's kinda obvious yet not, I just couldn't really place it, I think I was simply overthinking it
Old 2011-10-30, 22:34   Link #22875
casval cehack

A Batman custom paint job on the G EXES would give the kit some justice.
Old 2011-10-31, 05:24   Link #22876
Butagami

Quote:
oh yes, gotta love the old 3-1-thumb MG hands XD they dont work for sh*t! they cant hold anything properly...

which wing gundam did you get?
Got the TV version. The Ver.Ka./EW version never really did it for me. Plus, with wing being my Gateway Series, it's fitting.
Old 2011-10-31, 05:30   Link #22877
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
Got the TV version. The Ver.Ka./EW version never really did it for me. Plus, with wing being my Gateway Series, it's fitting.
ah i see^^ yeah thats true!
personally i prefer the ver.ka version. i just really like the sharper edges! :P
Old 2011-10-31, 08:46   Link #22878
maknaedik

HG 1/144 Genoace review UP! http://redblondemean.wordpress.com/r...enoace-review/

I wish for more variations, though that's expected of course :P

Old 2011-10-31, 09:17   Link #22879
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I haven't gotten round to watching AGE yet
You may want to watch AGE first before buying the models. Gundam AGE is...cute. never thought I'd say that.

Also, I'd really hope that Bandai will make MG Baqto. They have to make up for not making Masurao and Susanowo into MGs.
Old 2011-10-31, 10:08   Link #22880
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
HG 1/144 Genoace review UP! http://redblondemean.wordpress.com/r...enoace-review/

I wish for more variations, though that's expected of course :P
Looks like a well designed kit. I might as well get the white one just to serve as Unicorn's wingman.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy