Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-12-17, 21:34   Link #601
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
That would be #2 and I believe #10 is a variant for it. Both pretty awesome .
Sweet, can't wait!
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 00:39   Link #602
Desruprot
Has Shining Fingers

on the note of Meijin, it seems there is a small parallel I'm sure just got unnoticed. Gentle Chapman won the Gundam Fight Ch 3x. so Ameijin is paralleing it.
Desruprot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 00:43   Link #603
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
so they also reference one of the Brave series but unfortunately people who never watched Brave might not get the reference, unless its Gaogaigar or something, Exkizer also needs love
Yeah, it's one of the more obscure references they manage to fit into GBF. For instance, Meijin's opponents during the Kampfer Amazing debut were the boys from Dagwon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
So with those updated character bios just having a look at Tatsuya's...
http://gundam-bf.net/characters/24/
He won the Gunpla Battle World Championship 3 times. In a row. Also placed in the Gunpla hall of fame?
Truly Ameijin.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 00:54   Link #604
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yeah, it's one of the more obscure references they manage to fit into GBF. For instance, Meijin's opponents during the Kampfer Amazing debut were the boys from Dagwon.

Truly Ameijin.
Yuuki Tatsuya is amazing because he's a Meijin. ;D

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 02:59   Link #605
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
So with those updated character bios just having a look at Tatsuya's...
http://gundam-bf.net/characters/24/
He won the Gunpla Battle World Championship 3 times. In a row. Also placed in the Gunpla hall of fame?
I am going to guess this means Sei either lost against Tatsuya during those Gunpla Battle World Championship or he just never participated in some of the ones Tatsuya participated.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 03:17   Link #606
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Or Sei lost to someone else and never fought Tatsuya at all. We may never know!
Old 2014-12-18, 04:32   Link #607
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Tatsuya is a champion for three times in a row? Now that's "Amazing" ...

Come to think about it, the tournament held after GBF until GBFT is from 8th to 11th.
Tatsuya managed to become the champion three times, so it's either 8th to 10th, or 9th to 11th.
Minato confirmed Sei is participating in 11th Tournament using Build Burning; Sekai 'assimilation' remind Tatsuya about his fight with Sei.

Seems like something great happens during the 11th Tournament.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 04:40   Link #608
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They're certainly hyping it up to have been a major event.
Old 2014-12-18, 15:18   Link #609
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post

Come to think about it, the tournament held after GBF until GBFT is from 8th to 11th.
Tatsuya managed to become the champion three times, so it's either 8th to 10th, or 9th to 11th.
Minato confirmed Sei is participating in 11th Tournament using Build Burning; Sekai 'assimilation' remind Tatsuya about his fight with Sei.

Something big must have happened there considering how they have built it up.
Old 2014-12-18, 16:10   Link #610
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely would love to see what happened at that tournament . Maybe get it in a flashback. Though would love a little OVA series about it .

Thinking on the last episode, I wonder if we'll get something similar to episode 2 of the first season. Tatsuya kind of randomly inserting himself into another's battle and owning his opponent, but not to the point of wrecking their matchine. Be a shame if he went to the trouble of joining that fight only to not get to kick a bit of gunpla .

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2014-12-18 at 21:17.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 07:24   Link #611
Skye629

Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 07:33   Link #612
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Feel like something from the Vagan
Old 2014-12-24, 08:03   Link #613
Death Usagi
Banned

Considering it is using GN Fangs, I am guessing its propulsion is a GN Drive?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 08:33   Link #614
lokeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post

There was seven years between GBF and GBFT so wouldn't the number of tournaments held between then would be about 5 or 6? Or was there some break between the 7th and the 8th tournament for the discovery of the new plavsky particle?
lokeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 08:39   Link #615
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

That reminds me, isn't today the release date of the OST?
Old 2014-12-24, 11:48   Link #616
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokeen View Post
There was seven years between GBF and GBFT so wouldn't the number of tournaments held between then would be about 5 or 6? Or was there some break between the 7th and the 8th tournament for the discovery of the new plavsky particle?
Rather than break caused by the needed of new Plavsky Particle, I think the break is mainly caused by increased popularity which means more player so there's need of new rules (and competition to some extent).

Looking at how there is G-Muse, also Fumina reaction to Sekai when he told her he didn't know about Gunpla;
I think it's clearly indicating that now (GBFT) Gunpla is already something common compared to seven years before (GBF).
Which means, there's more players now so both rules and competition should be 'updated'; hence there's U-19 tournament, team format, also a builder competition for those who focused more on build skill.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 13:33   Link #617
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
is it just me? that the Mocks, the Hi versions in particular seems like a homage to a VOTOMS Scope dog? the way how the cockpit hatch opens up along with the pilot space that also occupies the head unit?
those things looks so OP now instead of being joke characters that they should star in their own universe or something.......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 12:12   Link #618
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Just want to share my thoughts about Try. Am I the only one that finds the fights lacking compared to first series. I mean as much as I like the designs of the main suits I feel that the fights are completely lackluster. Especially with the Build Burning, its fights is reallt boring me. The martial arts move is tiring me out when it really has lots of potential. But everything is just the same, sekai shouts something then he punches or kicks his opponent then it is over. The only goodfight he has is with destiny because he actually shown some moves. I was rewatching the first series a while ago and the fights shown onits first half was superior to what was shown to us. Reiji's fighting style is so cool compared to sekai's. Sekai just shouts and shouts and it is starting to annoy me. I guess i'm just really missing the beam saber clashes and rifle shots which build burning can't deliver, possible with lightning but yuuma can't deliver and I'm not really drawn to SD movements of winning. Just want to share my thoughts, I hope the next half of the series will be much more enjoyable than the first half.

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 00:14   Link #619
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

This OST... this OST

*puts Meikyoushisui on repeat*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 00:49   Link #620
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
Just want to share my thoughts about Try. Am I the only one that finds the fights lacking compared to first series. I mean as much as I like the designs of the main suits I feel that the fights are completely lackluster. Especially with the Build Burning, its fights is reallt boring me. The martial arts move is tiring me out when it really has lots of potential. But everything is just the same, sekai shouts something then he punches or kicks his opponent then it is over. The only goodfight he has is with destiny because he actually shown some moves. I was rewatching the first series a while ago and the fights shown onits first half was superior to what was shown to us. Reiji's fighting style is so cool compared to sekai's. Sekai just shouts and shouts and it is starting to annoy me. I guess i'm just really missing the beam saber clashes and rifle shots which build burning can't deliver, possible with lightning but yuuma can't deliver and I'm not really drawn to SD movements of winning. Just want to share my thoughts, I hope the next half of the series will be much more enjoyable than the first half.
I find both series to have even fight quality, at least for the first half. At the current episode count, I only find the epic Build Strike Vs Zaku Amazing, the Star Build Strike debut and the battle royale stand outs. On Try side, I really enjoy the first Build Burning debut (as Dom), the practice fight against Gyanko, Destiny fight and also the region finals. So, they are about even. Both series have stupid, short and unexciting fights.

I just feel that some people are really rose tinted when they compare Try with the first season (not straightly at you, but I have seen lots of such posts on other forums) and somehow first series can do no wrong. Granted, Sekai's punch attacks are rather excessive, but Reiji's fight style are no special as well. It's the usual attacks you can see in normal Gundam series, dodge and shoot. But like you, I definitely hope for more varieties in attacks, most probably from Lightning and Winning