3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-11, 20:59   Link #41
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

You know, for the rest of the battle I was rooting for Tryon 3 to win, just because SUPER ROBOT DAMASHII

That final showdown however was pure boss, right down to Yuuma sacrificing an arm to avoid the attack.

And of course they have to have the OBARI POSE

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 22:06   Link #42
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

One thing that amuses me is that all of Tryon 3's moves are animated as if they're Super Robot stock footage, haha.

Also Tryon 3 was obari as fuck.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 22:31   Link #43
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
One thing that amuses me is that all of Tryon 3's moves are animated as if they're Super Robot stock footage, haha.
I was looking through the posts on mechatalk and they were complaining about the stock footage. Talk about missing the point entirely.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 22:35   Link #44
Yan3242

People in my regular forum and "chan" board keep talking about the wall slam...

Am i missing something or is that a homage to something? It just look like a normal wall slam to me

*still waiting for bright slap homage
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 22:41   Link #45
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

It makes Sakai and Yuuma's relationship look... very close.
Old 2015-03-11, 22:49   Link #46
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
People in my regular forum and "chan" board keep talking about the wall slam...

Am i missing something or is that a homage to something? It just look like a normal wall slam to me

*still waiting for bright slap homage
In practically all of the shows I've seen it in, it's usually a scene where a male asserts himself over a woman he likes.

Take from that what you will.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 22:52   Link #47
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
In practically all of the shows I've seen it in, it's usually a scene where a male asserts himself over a woman he likes.

Take from that what you will.
Bet Fumina secretly enjoyed seeing that...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 22:52   Link #48
Esclair

Fumina had her fujo goggles on for that wall slam
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 23:29   Link #49
Sixth
Hu Tao

This is what Lucas should had done in the first place. I knew that Minato and Lucas cannot win due to the plot but at least Minato got a fair treatment. His machine actually lived up to the hype.

Lucas should had taken Shia and Adou down before he 1v1 with Wirfrid. Even if he lost, the hype and his credibility is still there And the battle will be more satisfying.

Anyways Minato probably is the only character got a share of character development in this series.

As for Sekai, the trade off was simply making the whole assimilation not worth it at all. Sekai is really an idiot. At this point he should have find or do something on the assimilation.

I have low expectation on the final fight after this episode. I don't think the final battle can top up the epic super robot.

Last edited by Sixth; 2015-03-11 at 23:43.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 00:10   Link #50
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
This is what Lucas should had done in the first place. I knew that Minato and Lucas cannot win due to the plot but at least Minato got a fair treatment. His machine actually lived up to the hype.

Lucas should had taken Shia and Adou down before he 1v1 with Wirfrid. Even if he lost, the hype and his credibility is still there And the battle will be more satisfying.

Anyways Minato probably is the only character got a share of character development in this series.

As for Sekai, the trade off was simply making the whole assimilation not worth it at all. Sekai is really an idiot. At this point he should have find or do something on the assimilation.

I have low expectation on the final fight after this episode. I don't think the final battle can top up the epic super robot.
He tried,but each time Wilfrid intervened.Nonetheless,he did damage them heavily.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 00:15   Link #51
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
He tried,but each time Wilfrid intervened.Nonetheless,he did damage them heavily.
The writer can easily wrote Lucas destroyed them quick before Wifrid can save them And that will lead to 1v1 battle. The 1v1 battle between Lucas and Wifrid doesn't have much impact as Minato vs Yuuma because even if Wifrid lost in the duel, his team will win to because Shia and Adou were still in field.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 00:16   Link #52
Somnus
Eh?

Being honest, the shifty QUALITY of the first part almost turned me off of the episode to the point of delaying a watch for a bit. I'm glad a didn't. That battle was one of the sexiest mecha fights I have witnessed in a long damn time.

I also couldn't help but laugh at the "Try Fighters are the REAL villains" comments. So true!

Dat Tryon 3.

So much Super Robot goodness in my Gundam show. Got a team trying to mess with your combo mojo? Create a special barrier for that crap! Need to take down gimmicky opponents? Have more gimmicks than they do! Need to win a beam showdown? Add more beams! Have the opponents trapped? Summon a f***ing sword to finish them off with style (and a pose)!

One thing the first season of GBF did was get me pumped for fights in ways that I hadn't been since TTGL. Until now, Try hadn't done the same. Thank you, Tryon 3. You were just what the doctor ordered.

EDIT:

I have to admit, I have a hard time believing the final match fight will top this. Ha ha
Old 2015-03-12, 00:25   Link #53
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, looks like everything I wanna say about the awesomeness of this episode has been said. Nice to see the homage to Eldran. You know, after watching this, I really feel that Tryon 3 is really the spirit of Gundam Build Fighters Try . And I’m really really tempted to buy the HGBF Tryon 3 now. Good work on your marketing there, Bandai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Actually in ZZ Neo Zeon went out of their way quite often to prevent the gattai sequences lol
And in the original MS Gundam too. Amuro and friends often used Gunperry to bring the top and lower part of RX-78-2 to combine mid-air with Amuro’s Core Fighter. That usually the time when Zeon tried desperately to disturb the combining sequence (along with some of them screaming “Don’t let them dock, godammit!!!” or something like that ). The same thing also applied when Amuro & Sayla were flying together with G-Armor.
Old 2015-03-12, 01:03   Link #54
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
Hmm yeah Lightning Gundam really is weak in terms of gimmicks/firepower but I don't know, I like it more than the rest of the units in this series. And though ot lacks gimmicks, you'll notice that it is tough as hell. So far, maybe due to its build quality which was pointed out by the meijin, it can still function very well despite it being damaged. In the regional finals it was shown working even when the left side of it's body got vaporized.
So far, Lightning is the toughest unit in Try Fighters-- GBFT, maybe in entirely GBF as well.
Most units won't be able to perform well once they're crippled, even Try Burning as shown in this episode;
But Lightning, it can still moving well even after losing half of its body to Mega Shiki, also both legs and right arm to Tryon 3.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 01:56   Link #55
Skaddix

Yeah it is resistant. Can really take a beating.

Still best episode by far only one that can compare to the best of S1.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 03:41   Link #56
Yan3242

i really wish yuuma lightning has a unique trademark or "special" gimmick like the rest of his gang which hold their namesake.

build burning is is hand to hand martial arts only (unique) and he definitely keep his namesake, he is on fire..... literally

star winning is basically a puzzle box that goes part 'x' + part 'y' = combo 'z' (unique), and her namesake is quite obvious from her winning beam with capital W

yuuma on the other hand.... i dont see anything that stand out "lightning" from him, he just your usual (mega) beam rifle + missile loadout, nothing is about "lightning" from him. he does show some speed at the first match but after that? either he got speed nerf or yuuma forgotten that his unit is about speed.

i really hope he still has 1 ace "gimmick" hidden exclusively just for "in your face saga adou!!!" moment later, cmon yuuma you are the "pro" builder there must be something right?
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 04:05   Link #57
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
i really wish yuuma lightning has a unique trademark or "special" gimmick like the rest of his gang which hold their namesake.

build burning is is hand to hand martial arts only (unique) and he definitely keep his namesake, he is on fire..... literally

star winning is basically a puzzle box that goes part 'x' + part 'y' = combo 'z' (unique), and her namesake is quite obvious from her winning beam with capital W

yuuma on the other hand.... i dont see anything that stand out "lightning" from him, he just your usual (mega) beam rifle + missile loadout, nothing is about "lightning" from him. he does show some speed at the first match but after that? either he got speed nerf or yuuma forgotten that his unit is about speed.

i really hope he still has 1 ace "gimmick" hidden exclusively just for "in your face saga adou!!!" moment later, cmon yuuma you are the "pro" builder there must be something right?

IMHO Yuuma's skillset demands his unit to have some gimmick to match other fighters. Lightning gundam's abilities demands it to be handled by meijin type characters to unleash it's full potential. (I.g. Reiji, Meijin 3 or heck even Lucas) I hope he somewhat put a secret ability of Lightning though it is highly unlikely. It is disappointing that yuuma is hailed as the second coming of sei when he clearly doesn't show up to be on par with Sei's level when they are at the same age.

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 04:09   Link #58
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

To be fair, most people who think of Sei Iori aren't aware of what Sei was originally like. He certainly didn't start out as God's gift to Gunpla Battle, after all.
Old 2015-03-12, 04:18   Link #59
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

I'm rewatching GBF and it seems that Sei is quite famous for his building skills early on.

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 04:34   Link #60
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
I'm rewatching GBF and it seems that Sei is quite famous for his building skills early on.
Yep. Sei is already famous around the block when GBF started. That's why Sazaki was drooling for Sei's masterpiece (Build Strike) and even World-championship contestant, Tatsuya, himself said he's a fan of Sei's works shortly after his character is being introduced (ep. 2 IIRC) and claimed that the gunplas he built aren't as good.