3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-12, 20:39   Link #121
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Out of curiosity, has either of them been shown to experience it or was it just mentioned by a character?
When Meijin saw Sekai use it, he commented that he and Sei could use assimilation as well and he immediatley new about the drawback, but that's as far as it goes.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 20:40   Link #122
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Out of curiosity, has either of them been shown to experience it or was it just mentioned by a character?
Well, so far, all we got is Tatsuya himself mentioning that before Sekai came into the picture, only him and Sei are capable of Assimilation. IIRC He said that during Sekai's battle in that Gunpla-Lab or something. That's as far as I can remember for what its worth.
Old 2015-03-12, 20:55   Link #123
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Tatsuya mentions it at the start of episode 10, that he hasn't seen someone Assimilate as deep as himself or Sei.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
When Meijin saw Sekai use it, he commented that he and Sei could use assimilation as well and he immediatley new about the drawback, but that's as far as it goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, so far, all we got is Tatsuya himself mentioning that before Sekai came into the picture, only him and Sei are capable of Assimilation. IIRC He said that during Sekai's battle in that Gunpla-Lab or something. That's as far as I can remember for what its worth.
Then it must've happened during the 7 years because I don't think either of them did it during the 7th world tournament.

I would like to see a sequel that shows either of them (or both) doing it, maybe a third series featuring the open world tournament. I think it would also go a long way to make assimilation fit more into the world if Sekai is not the only one to be shown having it. (I'm still not convinced that Junya had it.)
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 20:56   Link #124
A-Knight

Quote:
Care to explain to me why you're constantly ignoring the details and explanations of everyone trying to argue your claims?

Tatsuya mentions it at the start of episode 10, that he hasn't seen someone Assimilate as deep as himself or Sei.
Funny considering your explanation would have been total bunk without that random pic. But I'm not the one claiming deep insight into a show like GBFT.

Anyway, I hope Sekai ends up becoming the 4th Meijin if there is another season.
A-Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 21:00   Link #125
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Knight View Post
Funny considering your explanation would have been total bunk without that random pic. But I'm not the one claiming deep insight into a show like GBFT.
Hey, not my fault you haven't been paying attention to the show.
Old 2015-03-12, 21:39   Link #126
Skaddix

Quote:

Anyway, I hope Sekai ends up becoming the 4th Meijin if there is another season.
Think a Meijin has to build his own Gunpla. Then again the only characters I like in this bunch are Minato, Fumina and Saga.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 23:19   Link #127
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Quote:

I really hope that he wouldn't. Sekai is not really fit to be a meijin as is not a gundam/gunpla freak like the Meijins before. He lacks the charisma, if there can be a new Meijin, it could be Yuuma if ever he becomes skilled in battling enough, though he also lacks charisma. I just can't also like Wilfred to be the next meijjn, he is so boring.

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!

Last edited by gundamdrawer; 2015-03-13 at 01:05. Reason: too many typo
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 23:38   Link #128
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
I would like to see a sequel that shows either of them (or both) doing it, maybe a third series featuring the open world tournament. I think it would also go a long way to make assimilation fit more into the world if Sekai is not the only one to be shown having it. (I'm still not convinced that Junya had it.)
I'm quite sure Junya can use assimilation as well.

Ral, in Nielsen Lab said Sekai assimilation rate increased to maximum (Tatsuya confirmed Sekai assimilation rate is high, not maximum, by regional finals), means there's also minimum rate of assimilation. IMO, Junya eyes turned red when using Denial is his sign of assimilation, and his assimilation rate is lower than Sekai hence no signs of damage received after Try Burning's God Shadow hit him hard.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 23:45   Link #129
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Then it must've happened during the 7 years because I don't think either of them did it during the 7th world tournament.

Seemed to me like Junya had a weaker version of Assimilation where the assimilation rate wasn't as high as Sekai's.
Old 2015-03-13, 00:42   Link #130
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
I really hope that he wouldn't. Sekai is not really fit to be a meijin as is not a gundam/gunpla freak like the Meijins before. He lacks the charisma, if there can be a new Meijin, it could be Yuums if ever he becomes skilled in battling enough, though he also lacks charisma. I just can't also like Wilfres to be the next meijjn, he is so boring.
Well the 2nd was an asshat, I think the only requirement is Ace Pilot and Ace Builder. Although I guess helping promote GunPla helps still not sure why they are already searching for successors besides pretty sure the Yajima Family is in charge of picking. Probably Caro since well we all know how that relationships with Nils works.

Junya was kinda unclear since the main tell is damage. I assumed that was all visual license
Old 2015-03-13, 01:06   Link #131
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Im not really familiar with the GBF side stories though, so the 2nd meijin is not a gundam/gunpla fan?

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 01:25   Link #132
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Im not really familiar with the GBF side stories though, so the 2nd meijin is not a gundam/gunpla fan?
As explained in the first season, the 2nd Meijin had adopted a mindset of trying to achieve victory above all else in Gunpla Battle, by any means necessary. He was a ruthless and sadistic fighter, whose methods disgusted the likes of Julian MacKenzie and Tatsuya Yuuki both. It was enough for Julian to leave Gunpla Battle entirely when they were considering making him the 3rd Meijin, and enough for Tatsuya to accept the role with the intent of changing what it previously stood for.

He fell ill while and was hospitalized while he was building the Cathedral Gundam (which would later become Junya's Denial Gundam) and fell into a coma, prompting PPSE's Gunpla Academy to select his successor. It's unknown if the 2nd Meijin was a fan of Gunpla or Gundam, but given that he WAS selected, I imagine that he was. Mashita outright admitted to forcing him to take up the ruthless mindset that so disgusted others, so presumably he wasn't always like that.
Old 2015-03-13, 01:25   Link #133
Skye629

Quote:
You have to be a fan to more or less devote your life and preaching to it lol

The way he goes about it though is.....unsavory

@RisingDragon

I actually would not be surprised is his health condition came about from too much sanding and painting while working on the models lol
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 01:33   Link #134
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
He challenged the rocket punch head-on--that's just how he is as a fighter. Brave, but also kinda stupid. Not the first time he's done this, as you can see when he challenged Akira in episode 9, rushing head-on at the G-Bomber despite knowing Akira could counter his kenpo.
Sekai during first and second half is different.

Sekai during the first half would jump into fray without thinking much.
During fight in Solomon, he provoked by statement, "Jigen Haoh won't work to me" from Suga;
That's why he starts immediately with Souten Guren-ken once he knew G-Bomber is also taking route inside of Solomon.

If you look a moment after Tryon 3's Armed Booster launched, you can found Yuuma express his inability to deal with Armed Booster.
So, Sekai use Seiken-zuki to deal with Armed Booster is not because he's brave and stupid, but because he's aware that he's the only person in team that fit to deal with Armed Booster (compare to Lightning and Winning). His later expression clarify Armed Booster strength unexpectedly rival Seiken-zuki, one of his strong attack that can easily make a hole in colony wall.

I'd say that's also smart move come from Minato, using Armed Booster pretty much forced Try Burning to deal with it.
From tactical standpoint, to have Try Burning deal with Armed Booster while Lightning and Winning attack Tryon 3 is one of the best plan to defeat Tryon 3; but Minato already prepared countermeasure called Boomerang Stagger which prove to be very effective.
Old 2015-03-13, 01:37   Link #135
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Junya was kinda unclear since the main tell is damage. I assumed that was all visual license
That's how I interpreted it too, especially with the whole martial art factor.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 01:44   Link #136
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Perhaps stupid was the wrong word. Sekai is an earnest, direct fighter. He'll challenge his opponents right out. He's not much for trickery or underhanded moves, preferring honorable matches--not to say he's not capable of it, but that's what he seems to prefer, being a martial artist.

It makes him a very, very strong combatant in a straight up fight. But it also makes him predictable and easy to counter if one plans ahead with that in mind. It allowed Akira to fight him with relative ease, as he knew he could counter Sekai's kenpo techniques with the skills he used to fend off Junya. Sekai's putting his literal all into the fight allowed the Shiki brothers to weaken him through particle absorption and taking advantage of Assimilation's nocebo effect. It allowed Junya to demonstrate how he could counter all of Sekai's moves by utilizing different martial arts, and he too took advantage of Assimilation's drawbacks by crippling the Try Burning and, by extent, Sekai himself.

So it's quite obvious to everyone that when presented with a challenge, he'll meet it head on. And that's what he did with the Armed Booster: he met it head on, halting it in its tracks but leaving himself open for further attack because he had to meet that power with a lot of his own. Thus it was easy for Minato to cripple him--if Sekai tries to avoid the Boomerang Stagger, the Armed Booster will break through his attack and hit him. If he doesn't avoid it, he'll land a crippling blow that would prevent him from using most, if not all, of his powerful kenpo.

Being a master builder himself, I imagine Minato figured out how the Try Burning Gundam operated with those transparent parts. He likely knew that by taking out a portion of that, he can weaken the overall abilities and performance of his opponent, alongside negating Sekai's ability to fight. And we know Minato's good at judging how a Gunpla and its pilot fights, because he could tell right away Sekai was translating his martial arts through the Gunpla without any consideration for the Gunpla's own capabilities, back in their first encounter. Add in Minato watching all of Try Fighters' tournament battles and discussing strategies with his teammates, it's pretty clear that it was a calculated move on his part.
Old 2015-03-13, 01:57   Link #137
Skaddix

Yeah I think the main point is Sekai is predictable. he has got a certain personality, a dogma and a style that he is pretty locked into. Besides considering his rivarly Minato probably built Tryon with Team Try in mid. Which reminds me how have we not gotten a Mao Cameo? Pretty much missed our chances unless the old gang all comes back to watch the Final. Which is possible I guess.
Old 2015-03-17, 06:37   Link #138
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i just realized the "kabe-don" (wall slam) joke is also used in the 1st episode of the latest Super Sentai series Shuriken Sentai Ninninger which the monster of the week uses to pin Akaninger's mecha Shinobimaru against a building while saying that phrase, complete with the translators note showed a scene from a shoujo manga of a guy pining the girl against the wall,

a coincidence? also take note that both the monster & Shinobimaru are clearly males.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 06:50   Link #139
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i just realized the "kabe-don" (wall slam) joke is also used in the 1st episode of the latest Super Sentai series Shuriken Sentai Ninninger which the monster of the week uses to pin Akaninger's mecha Shinobimaru against a building while saying that phrase, complete with the translators note showed a scene from a shoujo manga of a guy pining the girl against the wall,

a coincidence? also take note that both the monster & Shinobimaru are clearly males.
Not only that, during the episode where Fumina asked Minato about what kind of gunpla used by Build Busters--
Minato said "Listen and be amazed!" which said in similar fashion to a certain Super Sentai that uses batteries.

Not sure if that's a coincidence after how Shimon appears to be a big bro figure and have, "Of course, who do you think I am?" line?

Old 2015-03-17, 10:03   Link #140
kuroihikari2

Kiite Odoroke!

So they got a |reference" from Kyoryu and from Ninnin, wonder if they got a joke in there somewhere from ToQ, too?

But yeah, Ninninger's first episode aired two weeks prior to BFT Episode 22. I think it's just going to be a common trend in Japanese shows to use that joke nowadays.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote