5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-01-22, 14:21   Link #61
Tenzen12

Regarding Julietta, I noticed this episode was almost mirror image of Sort tragedy.She similarly to Gali-Gali don't really liked operation, but still went along with it for opportunity fight.

Well Gali-Gali had slightly more noble goal, but still...
Old 2017-01-22, 15:57   Link #62
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
From the panoramic shot of the funeral hall, Jasley isn't seen at the funeral (he probably knows the Turbine girls just might rip him a new one if he waltzed in there).
Spoiler for pics:

Orga's gaze sure is heavy, the kind that makes you want to run for your life without looking back. I'm thinking what Eugene wants to do there, with Orga preventing him from it, probably has to do with Barriston rather than Jasley. Maybe Eugene is ready to go and ask Barriston directly questions like what did you allow it, why didn't you try to help... Orga stopping him might carry one of two meanings. First, Orga understands why Barriston did what he did (or rather didn't), so there's no need to accuse him of anything (unlikely, tbh, because Orga was pissed at Barriston's not doing anything at the beginning, so I doubt he finds Barriston's choice right, even if he can understand the reasons). I find the second interpretation more likely, that is, Orga now thinks that they (Tekkadan) can't trust anyone in Teiwaz anymore, including the Old Man, and are basically on their own. If you remember a talk on the bridge of Hammerhead, Naze pointed out that it might be not only Jasley, but also Barriston himself who's involved with framing them. So if Orga asked the main surviving Turbines (Eco, Lafter, Azee) who from Teiwaz he should suspect as the culprit, he should've gotten those 2 names - Jasley and Barriston himself.

McGillis doesn't seem to know the Teiwaz side very well, but I'm sure he'll tell Orga the name of the perpetrator on the GH side, that is, Iok Kujan who is under Rustal Elion. Thus, together, they can get the full picture and all the names of their enemies.

The kind of manipulation I fear from Macky is him instrumentally pushing Orga into Tekkadan taking the full brunt as a sacrificial pawn (as was noted by someone - I don't remember whom, sorry - in the previous thread, Macky doesn't exactly care how many of Tekkadan members die as long as Orga, its leader, and Mika, its ace and core fighter, live). Despite his emotional state and him obviously wanting revenge, I hope Orga still has enough presence of mind to stick to the principle of trying to keep death toll among his people to a minimum and can identify it if Macky tries to lure him into something that goes against it.
I wouldn't put it past Jasley to make some kind of snide false-sympathetic line from the sidelines.

Also, the shot from the PV actually looks more like a wake. Nobody other than some of the Turbine girls and a few of Tekkadan are there. So the full funeral might be later.

I'm also sure that if Rustal can get full information on Iok's contacts then Macky using Isurugi's information network should be able to find out also. Iok isn't that good at covering his tracks.

I can't even see Eugene about to strike out at McMurdo. He's been pretty level headed this season. That's why I think it's Jasley that has pissed him off. Nobody else would really have reason to.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 16:50   Link #63
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
The way they set Iok's character up was clever, I think.

Because a few people here have said they thought he was similar to Carta, and that's absolutely how he was presented to us -- the show very deliberately and very pointedly drew parallels between the two to make us think that Iok was, you know, stupid but also basically honourable.

Thus setting us all up perfectly for the triple gut-punch of 'Iok will happily use illegal weapons,' 'Iok will attack fleeing or cowering civilians,' and 'Iok is a total coward.' At the moment, Iok isn't quite the most unremittingly awful person who's been in the show, but he's up there.

It was left ambiguous as to if he was dead, but I kinda hope he isn't, purely because I think this would be the straw that breaks the proverbial camel's back for Rustal. Because Rustal is ruthless, but we've also seen that he puts a certain amount of value on honour, and moreover, Iok screwed up. Alive, Naze could have provided information that would help them against Tekkadan (even though he obviously wouldn't). Dead, all that's left is evidence that Gjallarhorn broke its own laws, and a quite possibly furious Teiwaz.
Once Jasley lays claim to Teiwaz its a small price to pay because Jasley will pull any string to keep his connections with Rustal's Gjallarhorn. He may not be on good terms with McGillis and thinks whomever runs Montag should join Naze on the pile of corpses but Rustal will gladly keep him in power as mutual venefit as it keeps an eye on Mars and leaves Orga out of the loop.

The whole entrusting Turbines to the Don is a huge factor as if Jasley gets control it means Lafter and co are basically slaves to Jasley's Teiwaz and he has none of Naze's kindness. Amida may be dead but he can settle for Lafter and the girls

Also agood reason why Iok is such a good villain in ibo

Quote:
You know, the show needed a character like Iok.

We know that the people fighting Tekkadan are supposed to be scum so we can root against them. But they're basically cartoonishly incompetent, making them caricatures, or they're nonthreatening, harmless buffoons like Carta. Or they're so mustache-twirlingly evil they can't be taken seriously. And all the while, they're almost never dangerous, with the exception of Carta who manages to be sympathetic.

Rustal, with his political deftness embarrassing McGillis and destroying Tekkadan's Earth branch, and Julietta and Vidar, two pilots who can compete with the best of Tekkadan's aces, seemed to be what the plot needed to inject some real stakes into the show. But their potential is pretty wasted with Vidar just making GAINZ and Julietta losing every fight.

But Iok... Iok is a bumbling clown who manages to be the most destructive force and cruel, evil scumbag in the show. He represents everything wrong with Gjallarhorn in a single character: the whoring of an unearned title, the incompetence, the lack of purpose, the abuse of authority, the corruption, the cavalier treatment of all those deemed unworthy... it's magnificent.

Bless you, Poo-In-Loo of Plot.

Last edited by asaqe; 2017-01-22 at 17:00.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 17:33   Link #64
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Iok screwed up and there's a high chance that Rustal is going to be pissed. Why? Iok used illegal weapons that leave a trace. Those steel rods they use as ammo do not break down, and can be used as evidence. Who else has dainslefs? Rustal values rules and order above all else. Using illegal weapons is against the rules.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 18:16   Link #65
kyuzoaoi

I've read that someone posted a change.org petition to kill of off Iok after that episode. So far, it has 800 signatures.

Seriously, if Iok's behavior in the defense of Chryse is not the moral event horizon for him, then this shooting of civilian space transports was.
kyuzoaoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 18:40   Link #66
NBG

Shoutout to Amida
Definition of a ride or die

NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 18:45   Link #67
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuzoaoi View Post
I've read that someone posted a change.org petition to kill of off Iok after that episode. So far, it has 800 signatures.

Seriously, if Iok's behavior in the defense of Chryse is not the moral event horizon for him, then this shooting of civilian space transports was.
I think the difference was that Iok's behaviour during the Chryse debacle could have been excused as stupidity, you know? Like, he didn't understand what he was doing or what was going on.

There's no such ambiguity here, though. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 19:56   Link #68
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Came late to the party because I'm thinking of hundreds of ways on how I want to Iok die. A point blank railgun shot from one of Flauros' cannon perhaps?

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 20:22   Link #69
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Iok screwed up and there's a high chance that Rustal is going to be pissed. Why? Iok used illegal weapons that leave a trace. Those steel rods they use as ammo do not break down, and can be used as evidence. Who else has dainslefs? Rustal values rules and order above all else. Using illegal weapons is against the rules.
Most of the crew of the Hammer Head is still alive, that gives Teiwaz, Tekkadan and most important MacGuillis many witnesses to use against Rustal and Arianhold Fleet, so at the rate this is going war among Gallajhorn is certain.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 20:24   Link #70
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
Came late to the party because I'm thinking of hundreds of ways on how I want to Iok die. A point blank railgun shot from one of Flauros' cannon perhaps?
Executed by Rustal, after he explains in intricate detail how Iok managed to shame him.
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 20:29   Link #71
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
McGillis said that railguns with conventional warheads are a "gray area", so it can either be used as an excuse to lynch someone, or overlooked. It is a pretty dangerous weapon though. Could easily be used for precise orbital bombardment.
Old 2017-01-22, 20:30   Link #72
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Most of the crew of the Hammer Head is still alive, that gives Teiwaz, Tekkadan and most important MacGuillis many witnesses to use against Rustal and Arianhold Fleet, so at the rate this is going war among Gallajhorn is certain.
Jasley's sided with Arianhold, well loyal as it gets for someone with ties with the Kujan, he is going to sweet talk Rustal about how Tekkadan is a disruption of the natural order and that Naze's death was necessary for the real Teiwaz to be controlling the outer ring of planets. Make no mistake, there will be a shift in power for Teiwaz and it isn't something Orga will like.

This is only going to get much worse before it gets better as we have seen in the last two arcs.
Old 2017-01-22, 20:37   Link #73
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
McGillis said that railguns with conventional warheads are a "gray area", so it can either be used as an excuse to lynch someone, or overlooked. It is a pretty dangerous weapon though. Could easily be used for precise orbital bombardment.
One key thing we saw is that Iok wasn't using conventional warheads, though -- or, at least, he didn't seem to be, because he was using metal rods that didn't explode, not missiles.

I'd call it stupidity, but in this instance, I just think Iok thinks he's above the law. He wanted his little poetic justice moment with the Dainsleif weapons, and he didn't see why the rules should stop him.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 21:09   Link #74
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
The railguns themselves aren't necessarily the problem. The reason they were banned was because the ammo used was basically made of the same stuff as a Gundam frame and could literally oneshot cockpits and entire ships which is what we saw happen here. They were deemed WMDs and banned by war treaty.
Flauros scrapped by because they use the railguns but not the ammo that got them banned in the first place, so they are just barely legal.

Iok on the other hand used the entire set, both the railguns and the ammo which is entirely illegal.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 21:15   Link #75
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

And we can't forget about the mastermind Jasley that's behind all this. His shadiness needs to be brought to light for Teiwaz to see.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 22:53   Link #76
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Eh, Teiwaz itself is like half a shady organization, so I wouldn't be surprised if infighting like this is either tolerated, or at least turned a blind eye on as long as it doesn't truly affect the head honcho. Teiwaz is pretty much space Yakuza, and goodness knows there's plenty of infighting within the Yakuza. So pretty sure red-head guy is going to get away with framing Naze unless Tekkadan themselves bring justice to the situation, especially since the current 'police' treats him as a valuable informant.

I'm loving Iok though. Someone who truly believes he is right, and yet isn't above using wrongs to make a right. Either Okada kills him in the end to give us catharsis for being quite possibly the most hated villain in all of Gundam, or she's keeping him alive long enough to see how his actions is not only ruining his life, but of those he is trying to protect. Heck, it won't even be above Okada to give him some tear-jerking redemption story in the end, so I'm really interested how she plans to resolve his character.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 23:01   Link #77
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

For those of you wondering about Iok's survival, the bridge of his ship was visibly intact after the Hammerhead glanced off of it. I'm certain he's alive.
Old 2017-01-22, 23:39   Link #78
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I still can’t decide which one that I hate the most: Katejina Loos, Yuna Roma Seiran or Idiok. Well, I guess I can put Katejina aside because she’s hot and not as idiotic as the other two. So, it’s down to Yuna & Idiok now. Hmm……..it’s hard. Guess I’ll see how Idiok characters’ ends before deciding.

Btw, if you feel strongly about IBO and other Gundams in general, you can vote for them in Animesuki Award for best on-going series, best credit song, best sci-fi, & best OVA. Or you can vote for other anime of your choice in the available nominations. We would like as many members participate in this award as possible so that the results reflect most of Asuki members instead of just a select few. Please vote here and thanks for your time .
Old 2017-01-22, 23:44   Link #79
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

So someone noticed this was the same introspective doubt that he also had when Shino was mourning the loss of his friends on the Brewers Raid. Mika was right, Orga let his brother die just because he thinks taking risks will ruin everything they fought for. But better to have Naze angry at Orga and on the run vs the deaths and the ineveitable power grab Jasley has planned and the fallout of taking revenge.
Old 2017-01-22, 23:45   Link #80
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Wrong link for that tag, asaqe.