AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2021-05-24, 14:34   Link #1
Plsfan

Wink Forbidden Love Rec for Picky Romantic

Hey guys! I'm looking for a really good romantic anime (nothing super mature, more like PG-13) and I don't want it to be "kiss-at-the-end" type of story where it takes the whole show for them to be together. Lots of kissing or romantic scenes! Leave my heart pumping!

I also love the idea of forbidden love- like running away or eloping or things like that. Or hate-to-love.

It has to be well-written with round characters and a good plot.

I just finished Toradora and *loved* it, but I just wish it had a few more episodes and more than one kiss!

Anything you recommend will help. Thank you so much!!
Plsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-25, 04:08   Link #2
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

There's Toradora and that's pretty much it in this department. And by pretty much I mean that's it. The next closest thing, which isn't close at all, that I can think of is Ano Natsu de Matteru.

You'd have to switch away from Japanese stuff to get more like that. If you're up to read, I can recommend Unbalance x2.
Old 2021-06-21, 22:36   Link #3
Strahan

Funny, I came here to ask basically the same thing. I also griped about Toradora; all that investment and they don't hook up till right at the end. (sigh)

Best example of what I'd like to find is one like Itazura na Kiss. That's ideal, long running and doesn't end on a "will they/won't they" either. I also liked Lovely Complex and Ore Monogatari. Haven't delved into a romance in awhile, pretty sure there were others that were decent but I can't recall right now.

The forbidden aspect brings Koi Kaze to mind.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 02:18   Link #4
SarahEm1234
Oops

THAT'S ALL I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR

some of what I've found:

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii: a slice of life office romance. they get together early on and their relationship is nice but the second couple is what steals the show. the second couple has been together from the beginning yet their interactions are still so engaging to watch.

Sword Art Online: romance isn't the main story but imo, it's the best part of this anime. they get married and even have a pseudo child. there's a harem but the mc only shows interest in the female mc, so it's not a huge deal.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii: one of my all time FAVORITES. i kept my distance for a while because the dude is much shorter than the female mc but don't worry about that because this dude has TALL MAN ENERGY. you forget about the height difference in the first episode. their bond is so natural and heartwarming to watch. the female mc is forced to marry the male mc. people think he's a crazed tyrant, and while he is rough around the edges, when he goes soft, your heart will melt into a puddle.

Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita: This one is really cool as well. i rated it highly. the plot is okay but where it really shines is in the romance department. the female mc is very forward with the guy. at first he pretends he isn't affected but when he finally gives up, i screamed because they're so fucking cute together.

Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet: i don't remember if there was a kiss scene, but they get together in episode 1. it's a pretty light rom com and i did enjoy it, but i wasn't really in the mood for a romcom at the time so i rated it a little low. it does fit your request tho so i included it.

Itazura Na Kiss: someone else recommended this and i have to agree with them. loved this franchise. i watched the Korean drama first, but then i watched the Japanese adaptation, thai adaptation, and taiwanese adaptation. the anime was one of the last versions of this story i watched but it was still really good. there are multiple kisses and the story spans from their final year in highschool to them having a baby. really cute but the guy can be an asshole and the female mc is a bit ditzy so if you're not into that, i'd stay away.

Devil's Line: this one isn't pg-13, but there are plenty of kisses and they get together early on. it's a vampire/human romance. it's pretty trashy but i loved it even more because of that.

Tags
romance (not mc)