AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2022-08-29, 16:05   Link #1
Nostxlgia
Root

Looking for some anime recommendations (anime veteran)

Hello everyone, as the title implies I'm out of anime series.

I'm what you would call a veteran, that means I've seen a lot of series but don't let that scare you from recommending "obvious" ones.

I like every genre basically except for yaoi/yuri.

Fav genre is probably psychological thrillers, cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic/mecha but as I said, anything goes.

Thank you in advance!
Nostxlgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-29, 22:14   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostxlgia View Post
cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic/mecha
Have you watched Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans?

Do you have a MAL list of anime that you've already watched? That'd help make things easier.
Old 2022-08-30, 11:49   Link #3
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

If you like psychological thrillers and are a veteran, just want to make sure you have seen all of Satoshi Kon's titles?

For a currently airing thriller that isn't getting much exposure, have you seen any of Summertime Rendering? And a noir thriller from last year, Odd Taxi?

From the other genres you mentioned - Last Exile; Girls Last Tour; Now And Then, Here and There.

Are there any particular character traits you like/don't like? Any particular creators/directors you do/don't?
Old 2022-09-01, 12:57   Link #4
Nostxlgia
Root

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Have you watched Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans?

Do you have a MAL list of anime that you've already watched? That'd help make things easier.
I'm sorry I don't have a MAL list, but don't worry just send whatever you liked.
I have seen like 2-3 episodes of that series, but I'm glad you mentioned it since I've forgotten entirely about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
If you like psychological thrillers and are a veteran, just want to make sure you have seen all of Satoshi Kon's titles?

For a currently airing thriller that isn't getting much exposure, have you seen any of Summertime Rendering? And a noir thriller from last year, Odd Taxi?

From the other genres you mentioned - Last Exile; Girls Last Tour; Now And Then, Here and There.

Are there any particular character traits you like/don't like? Any particular creators/directors you do/don't?
I haven't seen all of Satoshi's work, Paprika and Paranoia agent are two that I have seen. But nice recommendation regardless, I love his style. (I am looking for a series more than a movie though)

Yeah currently watching Summertime, awesome stuff. Seen Last Exile, not seen the other two.

I like basically everything really but I absolutely love shows that are deep in that sense that they touch subjects that concern the human mind or society as a whole. Examples of shows that project this kind of feeling would be Psycho Pass, GITS and Paranoia agent.
Nostxlgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-01, 18:27   Link #5
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostxlgia View Post
I absolutely love shows that are deep in that sense that they touch subjects that concern the human mind or society as a whole.
Okay, then let's see with the following:

Serial Experiments Lain
Kino's Journey
Galaxy Express 999
Jin-Roh
ID: Invaded
Boogiepop and Others
Old 2022-10-01, 08:47   Link #7
j4c06

As far as thrillers and mecha, have you seen Gasaraki?
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote