AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2022-10-01, 18:36   Link #1
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Expulsion stories that end up with reconciliation or reunion

Simple request, but one that I don't believe I've ever seen (depending a bit on the extent of one's definitions). I'm looking for expulsion stories, stories where you have a seemingly close-knit band of "friends" until they suddenly kick the main character out as "useless" (often taking his equipment and other stuff because "he's not the one that earned it"), but ones where the former party members actually reconcile with the hero later or even join back up with him. I've seen plenty where they struggle without him; it's almost a guarantee that, unless the party had some other reason to kick the hero out for his own sake, they will suddenly discover that without that "useless" member they themselves are completely useless. However, they rarely seem to swallow their pride and actually admit this to him, opting instead for acting like they're doing him a favor by letting him back in. I don't think I've seen one where any of them actually apologize, admit that he really was a valuable, crucial part of their party and that they were entirely in the wrong, much less anything where they actually end up partying again sometime down the road.

Note: doesn't have to be the entire party; there's usually at least one who's too proud to ever accept something like admitting his mistake; often the leader would much rather kick out any and every member who suggests this (which could be a good impetus for them seeking the hero out). As long as some of those that willingly participated in his exile seek forgiveness, reconciliation, etc.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-02, 11:00   Link #2
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Roll Over and Die to some extent. Two of the MCs former party members joined her and 3 more are helping her as of volume 4.

Unfortuatelly, while the original web-novel is finished with 7 or so volumes, there are some issies with printed version (volume 4 came out a couple of years ago, vol 5 was planned for this yer but no news yet) and LN version started deviating heavily from WN since vol. 2.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2022-10-05 at 01:47.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote