AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-09, 03:56   Link #81
ookamigirl

I like it! I'm not usually into slice of life anime, but this one is pretty interesting.
Will be watching it ^^
Checking out all the different clubs was pretty fun. Yuki sure doesn't care about clubs, but he's great in every single one of them, just hilarious!!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 09:10   Link #82
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I had fun watching the first episode.
Old 2011-10-09, 11:33   Link #83
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
At first I don't have any positive expectations. But then this turned out cooler than what I actually thought.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 14:58   Link #84
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Okay, who picked up on the "gender-bend popular HS girl SoL anime" idea? This show is much like those, only it has pretty boys rather than cute girls doing virtually nothing.

Doesn't make it bad, though. It definitely picked my interest, though I hope it can keep that up.
Old 2011-10-10, 14:31   Link #85
Sides

Do they all to have crossed eyes? I don't think it was that apparent in the first episode, but in the second if kind of stood out. Maybe there was more frontal shots of the characters.
The story itself, in episode two, was too nice, but fun to watch.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 15:44   Link #86
ookamigirl

Those 4 always hang out together ^^
The flashbacks were nice once again.
The first-year stalker girl was kinda interesting..
I felt sorry for Shun & his bad luck streak.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 16:49   Link #87
DorkingtonPugsly

I actually enjoyed this episode, more than the first. Although the first half was kinda slow for me, I liked the second half, especially the last part with the girl and everything. I thought that was really nice. I hope this show picks up the pace a bit more and, I don't really know how to say it but hopefully get really good.
Old 2011-10-10, 17:26   Link #88
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Loved episode 2, too. Simple, fairly subtle interactions, with a touch of seriousness. A relaxing pace but with something happening. I thought it was a nice touch that the first hint of any relationship (not necessarily romantic) with a girl, was from the guy who seems most feminine.

I thought the girl's seiyuu did a nice job of her few words, but I can't actually find the name (Satou Miyuki 佐藤美由紀) as anything but a legal scholar, a movie producer or an anime colour designer/animator. Maybe there's a fourth Satou Miyuki? Or maybe the colour designer did the voice? She isn't credited for it, but someone called Ishida Miyuki (石田美由紀, also a known colour designer) is. Hmmm.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 22:29   Link #89
Utsuro no Hako

And fujoshi everywhere were saddened today when it was revealed that Kimi to Boku isn't BL.

Now the question is, will she be back? She's shown briefly in the opening credits, but isn't featured like Sir Not Appearing in This Episode, so she could be anything from a one-shot to a recurring minor character.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 01:37   Link #90
Casshern

What was Shun afraid of, that Yuta might think he's straight?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 01:55   Link #91
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Now the question is, will she be back? She's shown briefly in the opening credits, but isn't featured like Sir Not Appearing in This Episode, so she could be anything from a one-shot to a recurring minor character.
Spoiler for manga. nothing too big.:

Last edited by Kakkou; 2011-10-11 at 04:24.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 04:56   Link #92
Echoes

The second episode didn't really strike a cord with me. I liked it just fine, but the emotional angel they went with just never connected with me and came off as a little clumsy.

There were some nice moments, like Shun saying "I'll come chasing after you again.... I still got more band-aids, you see." I liked that, and I think that the characters (especially the silent twins) might need some time to grow on me before I can truly care about them.
Old 2011-10-11, 14:57   Link #93
LKK

I'm trying to decide if each character has a specific cat assigned to represent him/her. Or are the cats not that specific? I thought the kitten peeking out from the cloth represented the first-year stalker girl (whose name I've forgotten). But just when I had decided the that large white cat with the black spots was Shun, the cat seeming to represent him changed to the grey one with the darker small stripes. (I'm referring to the cat who broke away from the line to watch the ants when Shun was by himself in the courtyard while the others were looking for him.) So what you do think? Do you see a single cat per character? Or do you think the cats switch character designations?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 19:03   Link #94
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
^ The cats seemed random, even if its a representation of the boys it's done somewhat subtly that I can't notice what's up with the cat imagery between scenes.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 19:30   Link #95
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The 2nd episode did a good job of demonstrating the very tight, heartfelt friendship between the four guys without getting excessively mushy. They come across as four guys that just genuinely like hanging out together, and will stand by one another, and that's good to see.

At the level of interesting conflict, this was a good episode. How will these four guys deal with one of their own being the almost constant target of pranks, and what you could even perhaps call mild bullying? That's a good question to build an episode's conflict around.

At the same time, though, that's why I found it hard to like the new girl here, who really did go way too far in picking on a guy because he unintentionally offended her sensibilities.

Finally, we need to get this fifth guy in here, because he's probably the "energy" guy of the main cast, and this cast will need that very soon I think. The four friends are, as a whole, a touch too lethargic for my liking.
Old 2011-10-11, 19:33   Link #96
whiteviolet

I quite like this series, it's a welcome break from all the k-ons that have been churned out every season.

The first episode made me choke with laughter, it's humour is subtle and I really like the way it slowly introduces the character's relationship - imo it makes the characters grow on you rather than having a whole episode of backstory in your face (That tulip thing was so cute :3)

^Ditto on the cat thing. I don't really get why it's there but I think it's supposed to represent their group in some way?.....
whiteviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 22:13   Link #97
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I wasn't a fan of the second episode. I would have kicked that girl's ass for what she did.
Old 2011-10-13, 22:14   Link #98
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well watch the second episode of this and its not to bad but it all most seem like Lucky Star
Old 2011-10-14, 13:20   Link #99
4Tran

Kimi to Boku - Episodes 1-2

I find myself liking this show a lot more than I expected to. Even though the comedy mostly didn't work for me, I still find the character interactions engrossing and amusing. I expected Tamayura to be the better of the two slice of life shows this season, but I definitely like Kimi to Boku more than it so far.
Old 2011-10-17, 15:04   Link #100
Sides

Well episode 3 was just like the first two. A new member get introduced to the group and another flashback.
The opening scene with Masaki, Shun and Kaname interacting with each other was fun to watch. Apart from that, you do get some german language with japanese flair thrown at you.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
j.c. staff, shounen, slice of life