AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-13, 10:01   Link #2901
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Galaxy Explosion was disappointing. Instead of planets exploding it was just tiny rocks. It was cool to finally see this iconic attack used nonetheless.

I don't know what to think of the introduction of Integra. She seems too bland compared to her sister. I think it would have been more interesting to keep an ambiguous character like Paradox as the Gemini Gold Saint. They kept Harbinger, so why not Paradox? She wasn't that much more evil than him. Just crazy.
Old 2013-10-13, 11:59   Link #2902
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The Galaxy Explosion was disappointing. Instead of planets exploding it was just tiny rocks. It was cool to finally see this iconic attack used nonetheless.

I don't know what to think of the introduction of Integra. She seems too bland compared to her sister. I think it would have been more interesting to keep an ambiguous character like Paradox as the Gemini Gold Saint. They kept Harbinger, so why not Paradox? She wasn't that much more evil than him. Just crazy.
Harbinger let the Koga thru. Paradox played with Ryuhou and did not let him pass. That's why Paradox landed in jail.
Old 2013-10-13, 12:45   Link #2903
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:

I think it's more than obvious now that season 2 of Omega is just trying to play as much SS tropes as it can as a means to bring back the old fans regardless of how good it fits into the story, so as a result it's only natural they brought the trope that "Gemini saint must be twins and one is good while the other is evil" back. Heck the fact that I called the whole Galaxian Explosion finish is just more proof of this....
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 12:56   Link #2904
Justin_Brett

They were even trying to do something else with the Gemini motif with her split personality, but that's not good enough now I guess.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 13:02   Link #2905
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
They were even trying to do something else with the Gemini motif with her split personality, but that's not good enough now I guess.
Well, it could have been good if they did something like separate the two personalities. One remaining a saint while the other leaving for the Pallasites.
They could have come up with anything regarding the separation.

Guess they were "triplettes" after all...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 13:05   Link #2906
Justin_Brett

Both her and the other Paradox had good and bad points to them, so you'd need to do that carefully. It would certainly be more interesting though.
Old 2013-10-13, 13:09   Link #2907
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
I think it would have been more interesting to keep an ambiguous character like Paradox as the Gemini Gold Saint. They kept Harbinger, so why not Paradox? She wasn't that much more evil than him. Just crazy.
It's explained in this episode that she refused to swear loyalty to Athena, so she wasn't forgiven.

Also, what orion said, i think this is more coherent with her character. She wanted to purge the world, unlike Harbinger, and the fact she is still clerly nuts doesn't help. Evil can be redeemed, but i guess craziness can't be cured easily, heh.

Last edited by Goty; 2013-10-13 at 13:24.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 15:51   Link #2908
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:

I agree, it was such a lame ass GE. No exploding planets at all.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 16:07   Link #2909
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I agree, it was such a lame ass GE. No exploding planets at all.
Guys, I don't remember Saga's GE from the movie.

Actually, the first time it was used was on Hades Sanctuary.

EDIT:

I see. What the studio did was repeat the effect of Kanon's GE from Kaikai-hen.

Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 16:17   Link #2910
Goty

^Yeah, the rocks weren't part of GE, they were just floating around in the dimension where Paradox took them, and were sent flying with the attack.
Old 2013-10-13, 16:44   Link #2911
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
They kept Harbinger, so why not Paradox? She wasn't that much more evil than him. Just crazy.
I’d say they also need to check Harbinger to a psychiatrist ASAP if they really want to keep him around. He has some serious problem. What’s with his life-goal of breaking everyone's (both bad and good people) bones and revel in their pain and suffering. That’s simply not what a good or sane people do. He's a psychopath right there with Deathmask (or even worse).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Guess they were "triplettes" after all...
Isn’t the first Gemini having a split personality only to introduce the twin sibling later on a well-known trope in SS? (look at Saga & Kanon). Lost Canvas also took similar approach albeit a reversed one (we see the twin sibling first then they introduce the split-personality bro).
Old 2013-10-13, 17:24   Link #2912
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
It's explained in this episode that she refused to swear loyalty to Athena, so she wasn't forgiven.

Also, what orion said, i think this is more coherent with her character. She wanted to purge the world, unlike Harbinger, and the fact she is still clerly nuts doesn't help. Evil can be redeemed, but i guess craziness can't be cured easily, heh.
I know, and that means she could have easily joined the good guys. Why did she even refuse in the first place? It was never implied she hated Athena so much she'd rather be imprisoned than fight for her. They could have kept her as a pure yandere who sides with the good guys only to protect Ryuho and make Shiryu proud of her. There were plenty of ways to keep her in, even with the kind of personality(ies) she has. Introducing Integra out of nowhere just so that Paradox's design doesn't go to waste was not necessary. Not to mention it's terribly unoriginal. It strikes me as an easy way to get rid of a character like Paradox which could be tricky to write while technically keeping her in.
Old 2013-10-13, 17:34   Link #2913
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goty View Post
some pics from the next episode:

Spoiler:
finally!
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 17:35   Link #2914
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I’d say they also need to check Harbinger to a psychiatrist ASAP if they really want to keep him around. He has some serious problem. What’s with his life-goal of breaking everyone's (both bad and good people) bones and revel in their pain and suffering. That’s simply not what a good or sane people do. He's a psychopath right there with Deathmask (or even worse).
To be fair to Harbinger, in his backstory he was only shown fighting in self-defense (or other fighters and criminals that had it coming to them). Even Shaka had done some fairly questionable acts when he was an enemy. But how is that worse than Deathmask, i don't know, Harbinger even let them pass and took a liking to Kouga.

What makes him ultimately different from Paradox is that serving Atena doesn't go against his goal or "life style" - he still gets to crush bones and souls of his enemies. Now Paradox would have to completely change her ideals, there was nothing redeemable about her. Sure we saw someone like Kanon redeeming himself and becoming a Gold Saint, but there would need something to happen for her to get there.
Old 2013-10-13, 17:39   Link #2915
Miraluka
Banned

Harbinguer is a battle seeker. He even complains when their opponente aren't worthy.

Deathmask was a mass murderer who excused himself by claiming "this is justice" while killing people of all age.
Old 2013-10-13, 17:52   Link #2916
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
What makes him ultimately different from Paradox is that serving Atena doesn't go against his goal or "life style" - he still gets to crush bones and souls of his enemies. Now Paradox would have to completely change her ideals, there was nothing redeemable about her. Sure we saw someone like Kanon redeeming himself and becoming a Gold Saint, but there would need something to happen for her to get there.
Paradox was the saint of love. Her way of life is totally compatible with Athena. She sided with Mars because it was the easy path, and also because she truly believed it would lead to a brighter future for humanity, one where she would love everybody and would finally be loved. That would have been possible with Athena as well. It was never implied until now that she hated her, that's something the writers came up with to justify her joining the Pallasites. Paradox was a more subtle character than she was in this episode during season 1.
Old 2013-10-13, 18:43   Link #2917
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
To be fair to Harbinger, in his backstory he was only shown fighting in self-defense (or other fighters and criminals that had it coming to them). Even Shaka had done some fairly questionable acts when he was an enemy. But how is that worse than Deathmask, i don't know, Harbinger even let them pass and took a liking to Kouga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Harbinguer is a battle seeker. He even complains when their opponente aren't worthy.

Deathmask was a mass murderer who excused himself by claiming "this is justice" while killing people of all age.
He’s also shown abusing some policemen and enjoying breaking their bones in the backstory though. Harbinger indiscriminately breaking people’s bones just to hear the “melody” of the cracking sounds in case you forgot. Basically, he did it just for the lulz to entertaint himself. Your miles may vary but I found that to be as sadistic and loony as Deathmask. When I said “or even worse”, I refer to the situation Harbinger’s currently in. He’s accepted by the good saints just like that without feeling sorry or remorse of what he’s done to those decent people he hurt badly during his life (god knows how many. oh wait..). The show not even addressed it one bit. At least Kanon acknowledge his mistakes and repent before joining the good guys and Deathmask got killed due to his grave sins, but Harbinger got away with a smirk and assisting the saints a little during the the climax of Mars saga (most probably to save his own ass too coz if he didn't help, he would perish with the others) .
Old 2013-10-13, 20:33   Link #2918
Justin_Brett

If Schiller was any Saint but Cancer, he probably would have turned 'good' as well if Harbinger got to.
Old 2013-10-13, 20:41   Link #2919
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

My problem with Paradox is why didn't she use her powers to see the future. That way she would have known her little sister was going to show up to defeat her and totally avoid that scenario.
Old 2013-10-13, 21:00   Link #2920
Miraluka
Banned

Fate isn't set on stone.

Tags
action, shounen