AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-29, 06:48   Link #61
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Those Yeti brothers are toast: if they don't have more tricks up their furry sleeves, Zoro and Brook will make minced meat out of them - I mean, you don't bring sticks (however large) to a sword fight . They actually remind me of the giants in Skyrim ...
Old 2012-04-29, 06:59   Link #62
tminty1

Musashi, the greatest swordsman from fuedal Japan, was defeated by a large stick.
Old 2012-04-29, 08:07   Link #63
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tminty1 View Post
Musashi, the greatest swordsman from fuedal Japan, was defeated by a large stick.
No...he beat Sasaki with a large stick (an oar to be exact)
Old 2012-04-29, 08:12   Link #64
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

I read about that - is it really true? The story is debatable, and most people say that Musashi was never defeated.

Regardless, swordsmen in OP can cut through steel . I do hope the fights won't be as easy and one-sided as on Fishman Island - maybe the two giants have very strong Haki...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tminty1 View Post
Old 2012-04-29, 09:44   Link #65
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Punisher View Post
^ what crocodile tried to pull off was a major case of genocide. i think thats a pretty big deal.

Mind you, Hody from the previous storyline attempted to commit genocide as well. And considering that he was a radical racist maniac, I doubt his actions were any less of a "big deal" than Crocodile's....

Also, going back to Magellan, while I'm well aware that it makes sense for him to be demoted, I still figured that he'd transfer to the marines out of a sense of responsibility to hunt those escaped prisoners down. Or at least he'd become a bounty hunter or something. I mean, the guy proved during the ID arc that he was no joke in battle, so IMO it just kind of feels like a waste for him to remain at the prison instead of fighting in the front lines, so to speak......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Life must be hard under Akainu's command.

Y'know, I was going to comment about how the marines don't really have control over ID, but then I remember what Jinbei told Luffy about the government handing over extra authority to the marines. So I wonder if this means that Akainu indeed holds control over ID after all....?
Old 2012-04-29, 10:23   Link #66
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Mind you, Hody from the previous storyline attempted to commit genocide as well. And considering that he was a radical racist maniac, I doubt his actions were any less of a "big deal" than Crocodile's....
basically yes. well, there a a few minor differences. like alabastias population is twice as big as fishman islands. also, hody was addressing "real" racial issues between humans and fishmen. croc was an insti-gator
Old 2012-04-29, 13:44   Link #67
marvelB

BTW, back to the subject of Zoro's group having passed out.... maybe the yeti brothers are capable of using CoC haki?
Old 2012-04-30, 00:28   Link #68
Mazkoom

Send a message via MSN to Mazkoom
Quote:
BTW, back to the subject of Zoro's group having passed out.... maybe the yeti brothers are capable of using CoC haki?
Or, Since it appeared that only Brook's weapon was shown on the snow, it might be that Sanji and Zoro were so much concentrating on their argument and did not notice the yeti brothers. That is, Brook only noticed them and was too late. I think the yeti brothers tricked them using some dirty methods.
Old 2012-04-30, 00:37   Link #69
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Punisher View Post
croc was an insti-gator
*opens mouth*

*.... closes mouth*

*ponders*

*opens mouth again*

*.... closes mouth and shrugs*
Old 2012-04-30, 06:20   Link #70
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Surprised to see so many Magellan sympathizers, He deserves it after he was tricked by Blackbeard.
Old 2012-04-30, 10:32   Link #71
marvelB

^Tricked by Blackbeard? How so? Putting aside the fact that so many prisoners escaped under his watch, I'm pretty sure that the main cause of his defeat was Shiryuu's betrayal.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazkoom View Post
Or, Since it appeared that only Brook's weapon was shown on the snow, it might be that Sanji and Zoro were so much concentrating on their argument and did not notice the yeti brothers. That is, Brook only noticed them and was too late. I think the yeti brothers tricked them using some dirty methods.

Of course, I was joking when I made the haki comment (the smiley should have given away that much, I think). But yeah, I guess the yeti brothers ambushed them or something like that instead....

Anyways, something else occurred to me: I wonder if it was Joker (the mole from within the marines, that is) who supplied CC with the drugged candy? I mean, if he was already covering up the kidnapping reports, then I wouldn't doubt that he also contributed to PH's shadier secrets, as well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
*opens mouth*

*.... closes mouth*

*ponders*

*opens mouth again*

*.... closes mouth and shrugs*

Aw, caiman Aohige, he's made a pretty good point, you know?
Old 2012-04-30, 10:47   Link #72
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Giving drugs to kids is pretty messed up, but that doesn't really qualify CC as being the worst in terms of villainy to date. Quite frankly, the World Nobles at the very least have him beat.

It'll be a real waste if Oda doesn't do anything else with Magellan now that he's been demoted to Vice Warden status. He's too strong an adversary to be left out of the playing field like that.

Those Yeti brothers look awesome. Hopefully they'll prove themselves to be exceptionally strong, because so far the strawhats still haven't been properly challenged.
Old 2012-04-30, 11:21   Link #73
ZeroForever

hmm... well it's been established that they (villains) use sleep gas and such (1st time they got captured)

considering there's no wounds on them in the image it's possible that's what happened again.
Old 2012-04-30, 12:25   Link #74
Darmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Those Yeti brothers are toast: if they don't have more tricks up their furry sleeves, Zoro and Brook will make minced meat out of them - I mean, you don't bring sticks (however large) to a sword fight . They actually remind me of the giants in Skyrim ...
Well if you ask me, the Yeti Brothers may possess CoP: Colour of (snow white) Protection As I assumed before, what the SH need are oxygen masks which can be obtained through our samurai friend using his ability (or seize the equipments of CC's underlings), then they'll hopefully show CC who's the boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It'll be a real waste if Oda doesn't do anything else with Magellan now that he's been demoted to Vice Warden status. He's too strong an adversary to be left out of the playing field like that.
If marvelB's assumption of ID now possibly being under the rule of the marines turns out to be right, then Magellan definitely won't be wasted, since Akainu may appoint him to a certain task anytime he wants. So the theory of marines taking over ID is most welcome.

By the way, the more I think about Law's odd behavior of not offering CC Smokie's heart in their previous encounter, the more I have the suspicion that it wasn't Smokie's heart at all (Law replaced the heart with that of a jinx during his absence). He might have handed CC somebody else's organ to please the mad scientist by pretending it was the heart of the VA...
Old 2012-04-30, 12:43   Link #75
james0246

Personally, I do not understand why Akainu would even keep Impel Down around for the marines to appropriate. It would serve his brand of justice better if he simply killed all pirates/revolutionaries.
Old 2012-04-30, 12:54   Link #76
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Personally, I do not understand why Akainu would even keep Impel Down around for the marines to appropriate. It would serve his brand of justice better if he simply killed all pirates/revolutionaries.
Impel Down is and always has been one of the 3 strongholds of military power under the WG. It's all about maintaining a "virtuous" image to the general populace; the WG doesn't want to depict themselves as merciless slaughterers/criminals much like pirates. Besides, Akainu's decisions are to an extent still mandated by the WG.
Old 2012-04-30, 12:55   Link #77
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

Isn't it obvious? ID would merely be a place to hold all criminals Akainu's captured until the time comes for him to execute them himself! Besides, I'd think that being fleet admiral wouldn't allow him enough time to exterminate pirates at his leisure.....

Edit: Oh yes, now is also a good time to mention that some SBS stuff has started to leak....

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-04-30 at 13:27.
Old 2012-04-30, 14:16   Link #78
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Quote:
Aw, caiman Aohige, he's made a pretty good point, you know?
happy to be of service, i guess
Old 2012-04-30, 14:16   Link #79
Jouten

It's still so weird that the brothers left Sanji, Zoro and Brook in the snow. I mean if they ambushed them, they would have done it for a reason, like bringing them to CC or killing them. Just leaving them there so they wake up again makes this whole thing a little bit senseless... Why would they attack them in the first place?

So either they are dead walked just over them like fodder.
Both are ridiculous theories. I want to know what happened.
Old 2012-04-30, 15:15   Link #80
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
^Tricked by Blackbeard? How so? Putting aside the fact that so many prisoners escaped under his watch, I'm pretty sure that the main cause of his defeat was Shiryuu's betrayal.....
Well he was pretty ineffectual as warden and set a prisoner loose to try and get rid of another. Pretty stupid thing to do in the first place.