AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 94 20.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 12.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 59 13.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 58 12.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 43 9.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 27 5.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 15 3.31%
3 out of 10 : Bad 12 2.65%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 8 1.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 2.21%
-1 out of 10: I want the time spent watching this back 69 15.23%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-09-25, 23:24   Link #301
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricchan23 View Post
this thing make me sick....
first i thought that makoto will be a nice boy and will forever happy with kotonoha...
but what the hell......
Believe me, that's what I wanted to happen. I played the VN first, and when I heard there was an anime, I knew that they would focus on the bad endings, considering that said endings overshadowed everything else about the game, in terms of just how surprising everything was.

I don't want to say Makoto wouldn't be irredeemable, but good lord... to think I actually used to compare myself to him... at least before he turned into an ass.
Old 2010-10-20, 11:38   Link #302
Shashin
Dio-sama's adorer

Just from watching the whole episodes, and my first reaction was kind of WTF???
Kotonoha was so nice girl, I fell in love with her from the first time I saw her reading book in a train! So what the hell this jerk deceived her (and enormous number of other girls)?? After the fifth or sixth episode I started to pray to somebody kill that pathetic idiot.
And guess what? My prayers were answered! Thanks to Sekai (even though I didn't like her so much through the series). But...but...Kotonoha...why? I so sympathise for her..

Hell, what was that. I can't find the words to express all my thoughts about this messy story.
5/10 - five points I'm giving only to Katsura
Old 2010-10-20, 14:23   Link #303
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

^ I played the visual novel prior to watching the anime. I knew that this whole thing would be a bad ending, though I have to agree with you: I love Kotonoha also, and I felt as though I was just watching the series because I was a big enough fanboy for here... I think that that's a but obvious given my signature, and avatar. Anyway, yeah, I found it disgusting just how much Makoto had degraded as the series went on. While I was indeed shocked, and I felt somewhat bad (maybe I personally thought murder was a bit extreme), all of us can pretty much agree we felt some degree of satisfaction at Makoto's end.

Oh, Kotonoha... why'd you have to fall in love with a complete sex-addicted jackass? Just look where that all ended up...
Old 2010-10-20, 15:16   Link #304
Shashin
Dio-sama's adorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
all of us can pretty much agree we felt some degree of satisfaction at Makoto's end.
You just can't imagine how satisfied I was, when Sekai smashed his damned body by that lovely knife

Quote:
Oh, Kotonoha... why'd you have to fall in love with a complete sex-addicted jackass? Just look where that all ended up...
you're so damn right T_T
Old 2010-10-20, 16:04   Link #305
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
all of us can pretty much agree we felt some degree of satisfaction at Makoto's end.
No, not all of us.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 17:14   Link #306
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
No, not all of us.
Well, I respect that opinion, perhaps it wasn't a good choice of words on my part. I don't think Makoto deserved it, he should have gotten a more... just end, but at the moment when I saw him get stabbed, I was still pissed off at him for everything messed up he's done. Do I think he should have died? No, he could have at least been... castrated, or sent to a sex-addict rehab center or something less extreme as his untimely fate... If only solving his problems would be that easy though. I know at one point or another, some of us just said, "God, I wish Makoto would just die already." Granted, I had one of those moments, though the manner in which it actually came true and was delivered in this anime did shock me a bit... I thought Makoto's death sucked, though it was difficult for me to feel sorry for him at that point.
Old 2010-11-04, 02:04   Link #307
pampz21
ShipCore

wow~ that was a total waste of time!
anyway the only thing I have to say is~

GROSS!

made me want to puke and take a shit at it!

well that only my opinion so~ no hard feelings
*3*

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 14:04   Link #308
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

I think people are very immature in watching and rating this series (No disrespect okay). I rewatched it again today and had a good view of the story. It really fleshed out the mistake of having two girlfriends at the same time, and the danger of having a harem. Watching this, it (should) had the slice of life genre so this can really happen in our lives. It showed the difference between "love" and "sex", that sexual desires are different from romantic desires. It also showed dilemma of friendship and love. And what amaze me is that it gives us a lesson. Anime these days are lacking this type of stories where it whammed you to the head, make you emotional (RAGING to characters' stupidity), only to realize that it gives us a warning, about relationships, that trust and faith are important.
It really gave me a feeling of watching True Tears and Code Geass, the unpredictability when I first watch it gave me a powerful impact that it affected my system. Then I realize, that's how the story want you to feel. RAGE and stuff to the characters. That's how great this series is. From what I read from people commented, it all left us a "mark". Definitely, we try to forget this but until now we can't, because of how bad happen to the characters that it left us all wounds in our system. And that's why I'm giving kudos to Overflow and TNK for giving us "A Story To Remember" or shall I say "A Body To Dismember". Hehehe. NICE BOAT for everyone. 10/10.
Edit: Just want to say that the "End justified the means".
Old 2010-12-02, 09:08   Link #309
Pascha
Sacred Dome

To be honest I just watched the first and last episode, and that's about all she wrote.
Old 2010-12-02, 09:15   Link #310
fize4ever

The show delivers several points in a rather "extreme" manner. For the people who already understand and adheres to said points on day to day basis, they will find the show extremely ridiculous and idiotic. Unfortunately, I was raised with such morals, so I just found what they're doing is childish to the core.

2, for wasting my time completely. The 1+ was just for those hot scenes, that is all.
fize4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 22:41   Link #311
Cabrini6000

The whole show was pretty boring, except, of course,the ending. I was actually very happy when Makoto died. However, even though I hate all the characters with equal passion from this show, It was kinda disturbing when Sekai died, and then that nice boat scene...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Cabrini6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 06:41   Link #312
shuu03
imba sir`

kotonoha ws so nice . . and how come she became a killer?
her life ws simple until she met that shit-ass makoto . . she changed o.O just bcoz fr a boy? no . .
shuu03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 01:15   Link #313
dolbie158

i have not hated the main characters this much since death note, i trudged through watching the series hoping there would some kind of redemption to no avail. did they deserve to die, no, maybe a long hospital stay for both makoto and sekai after kotonoha beat they crap out of both of them would have been enough, personally even setsuna deserved a hospital bed herself. when i watch this type of anime (or manga or game) if the central character turns into a piece of s**t i normally would just route for something bad to happen to them. unlike other characters who are to shy or nervous, who get pushed around and put in the work until finally getting the girl, that makes them endearing........... I take it back, i'm glad they died, i just wish poor kotonoha hadn't gotten blood on her hands

Last edited by dolbie158; 2011-02-24 at 01:33. Reason: more
dolbie158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 22:11   Link #314
Eragon
Still Alive

I don't know where to start. First off, what's the point of showing viewers this crap? There is nothing, absolutely nothing, in the storyline that's sensible. I mean, why would any girl fall for a guy like Makoto knowing that he just wants sex? The whole series is joke. There's not glimpse of any character using COMMON SENSE. The only point in the anime where I thought any of the characters did use their common sense was in the last episode. To me, the last episode was just a coverup for the mess of the rest of the episodes. And I don't think I have ever laughed, while watching an anime or any other form of entertainment for that matter, while somebody was been killed.
Old 2011-09-24, 23:59   Link #315
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I don't know where to start. First off, what's the point of showing viewers this crap? There is nothing, absolutely nothing, in the storyline that's sensible. I mean, why would any girl fall for a guy like Makoto knowing that he just wants sex? The whole series is joke. There's not glimpse of any character using COMMON SENSE. The only point in the anime where I thought any of the characters did use their common sense was in the last episode. To me, the last episode was just a coverup for the mess of the rest of the episodes. And I don't think I have ever laughed, while watching an anime or any other form of entertainment for that matter, while somebody was been killed.
sigh

I would leave my response at that, but AnimeSuki insists that posts be 10 characters, so I'll just point out that none of the girls who fell for Makoto knew that he was only interested in sex (In part because he wasn't only interested in sex); Kotonoha and Sekai certainly didn't have any inklings of the sort, and the girls that thought of him as a sex fiend - Hikari, the three girls, etc - were only interested in him for a quick lay anyhow. Otome's the only girl that you could really argue as being an idiot for starting a relationship with him... Kotonoha had no reasons to doubt his sincerity whenever they started dating, Sekai had ample reason to hold faith in Makoto because he wasn't really a terrible human being yet whenever they first had sex, and the other girls weren't in love with him to begin with.

edit: Just realized I forgot about Setsuna. Oh well, too lazy to edit my post.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 00:28   Link #316
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I'll just point out that none of the girls who fell for Makoto knew that he was only interested in sex (In part because he wasn't only interested in sex).

Kotonoha had no reasons to doubt his sincerity whenever they started dating.

Sekai had ample reason to hold faith in Makoto because he wasn't really a terrible human being yet whenever they first had sex.
Yeah, right. He wasn't only interested in sex. He was interested in discussing politics with the girls that he invited/came to his house.

What about the little incident where she overheard Makoto confessing his *love* to Sekai?

You do realize that I was talking about the entire 12 episodes.
Old 2011-09-25, 00:37   Link #317
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Yeah, right. He wasn't only interested in sex. He was interested in discussing politics with the girls that he invited/came to his house.

What about the little incident where she overheard Makoto confessing his *love* to Sekai?

You do realize that I was talking about the entire 12 episodes.
Yeah, he was only interested in sex with them, but with Kotonoha and Sekai he wasn't interested solely in sex. He placed a major emphasis on physical intimacy and didn't want a relationship without it, but he wasn't completely disinterested in romance. With Kotonoha, he was pretty much okay with things being purely romantic at the start; the problem was that things didn't accelerate as quickly as he believed they should.

Yeah, but that was in episode six. I was responding to your claim that it was ridiculous for any of the girls to fall in love with Makoto in the first place. At the time Kotonoha first became interested in Makoto - that is, shortly before the first episode - he didn't yet have any strikes against his character.

I see... School Days is a masterpiece, though, a miracle of the universe, so you're still wrong for thinking it's bad.
Old 2011-09-25, 00:45   Link #318
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I see... School Days is a masterpiece, though, a miracle of the universe, so you're still wrong for thinking it's bad.

If it's a masterpiece, how do you explain that the second highest no. of votes has gone to a rating of -1?
Old 2011-09-25, 00:53   Link #319
Dr. Casey

They're probably just jealous of the writers and lashing out against them because they know that it's impossible to craft a story better than School Days.
Old 2011-09-25, 01:04   Link #320
Eragon
Still Alive

You realize that you're just being stubborn.

I can agree that tastes differ but, saying that School Days has the best story line - when many think(including me) that it doesn't have a story line at all - is really an overstatement to the point of absurdness.