AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-22, 22:30   Link #101
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep38:
Old 2009-01-27, 23:53   Link #102
dantman
Daniel Friesen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep38:
Probably the same things as we see in the manga.
Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2009-01-28, 03:34   Link #103
lmd_84

*raises eyebrows* And what translations, please, are we meant to go on if we don't know Japanese and the official English translation is nowhere near that point? There are <i>only</i> unofficial translations for the later manga and anime at this point. We have the 'crappy' translations because there are no others. So long as they get the main point across correctly, the smaller details are perhaps less of an issue.

I'm not sure we'll see Black Star using those forms. Remember that he accessed them in the manga by going off to sort himself out - didn't happen in the anime, as he didn't have the same reaction to the Kid fight - and facing the Nakatsukasa Purpose. Though, I suppose we could have flashbacks telling us that this happened off-screen.
Old 2009-01-28, 12:25   Link #104
dantman
Daniel Friesen

Well the issue is not that the translations are crappy, but that people trust them far to much.
Fansubs and scanalations are known to do bad jobs at translating, and use very loose translations that stray from the actual name. 威 has absolutely nothing to do with "Purge"ing.

A good wiki is the best place to get the translation. Kanji and romaji are noted, as well for most of the more debatable names you can usually find more details or rationales for the use of the name on the talkpage. Not like fansubs where one or two people control the entire translation and it can't be mutated after being distributed.

The real point here actually is that a number of people still think that Stein uses "Soul Purge" and Black Star created "Soul Threat", when in fact they are actually the exact same move with the exact same name, people just read different translations and ended up spreading misfacts.
Old 2009-01-30, 22:35   Link #105
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
I'm not sure we'll see Black Star using those forms. Remember that he accessed them in the manga by going off to sort himself out - didn't happen in the anime, as he didn't have the same reaction to the Kid fight - and facing the Nakatsukasa Purpose. Though, I suppose we could have flashbacks telling us that this happened off-screen.
I agree with you about Black Star using those forms. Oddly between my last post here and now I've caught up with the manga. Was a bit curious about Black Star's growth since the anime wasn't seeming to go there and couldn't stop reading .

Anyways do agree I'm sceptical of us seeing those forms in the anime. He hasn't seemed to go through the development necessary. Either they'll give a flashback to him training or somehow in the coming fights he'll somehow gain them. Or most likely he'll just fight with regular shadow star and hope for the best.

Honestly I'm a bit worried how it will end since they can't really give him the same opponent without the growth necessary to stand a chance. Would have been a great fight animated that's for sure.
Old 2009-01-31, 07:40   Link #106
lmd_84

I hope that they'll use Shadow Star as-is.

I'm not sure that the training/flashback route would work at this stage; there's too much of importance to pack into relatively few episodes. It worked in the manga partly, in my mind, because it had been quite some time since we'd seen anything of Black Star, plus the difference at the end of the Kid fight. Black Star of the anime has shown no such change in his loud tune.

It would have been a fantastic fight, but I don't see it happening. Hopefully they'll pull off something with him and Mifune in order to conclude that subplot (and hopefully speparate the samurai and witch from Arachnaphobia). I'm not a major fan of Black Star, but I'll admit I do enjoy his fights when he's actually paying attention.
Old 2009-02-04, 20:56   Link #107
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

What the hell is up with you people??? Black Star is the LIFE of the series!!

I LOVE his style!! I wait just to see him every episode!1 He's so cool!! He's my favourite chracter. Then comes Stein, then Mifune, then Medusa, then Justin Law, then Kishin himself, whenever he's not grinning madly. Like when he just broke out of the Seals under Shibusen, and he saw Shinigami for the first time after however many years.

He looks really cool, that Kishin guy.

But Black Star owns that anytime. The difference between Black Star and Naruto is that Black Star is NOT ALL TALK!! He says he will surpass god and you KNOW he will eventually OWN even sTein, somehow, cos he's SOOO COOL!!!

OMG WTF is wrong wit all you hayterz? Black Star owns Maka, and he's catching up with Kid.

DID you guys SEE the size of his soul without Tamshi no Kyoumei? I mean while he was fighting Mifune the second time: He was about a quarter of Mifune's Soul, but WHOA!! Hi soul was not confined to his chest!! That's a big improement!! WOW!!! Even Kid doesn't have that down!!

How could you guys not LOVE his action-based personality?

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-02-09, 00:09   Link #108
apatpower

i just love black star.. hohoho
Old 2009-02-10, 08:19   Link #109
Iloxus

I have to admit, Black Star was kind of annoying at first, saying he will surpass god. But know I see his motivation, his flame and his chance actually being able to managa his goal! His fighting-style is as superb as everyones and Tsubaki is a deadly(deadly/beatiful) weapon! Go BLACKSTAR! FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAM!!! XDXDXDXD
Old 2009-02-12, 05:12   Link #110
lelouch_britannia
Lelouch

Send a message via Yahoo to lelouch_britannia
teehee...
From the other character, I rather choose black star (although he is stupid and annoying) and tsubaki.
they're marvelous ninjas!!
Old 2009-02-20, 02:32   Link #111
McMilk
*Artist

When Blackstar first came on screen, the first thing I thought of was, "Oh god, it's Naruto...again," but now, I think I'm totally in love with him. He's my favorite character in both the manga and the anime now.

And for Tsubaki...I've always liked her, so there's nothing much to say, except...she gets cooler and cooler as the story progresses.
Old 2009-03-07, 11:22   Link #112
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

Black Star is probably the main reason why I watch this show. He is pure entertainment. I am surprised how many people don't get his character. Maka is hella bland to me and Kid is funny, that is about it. BS is the man! =]
Old 2009-03-19, 18:32   Link #113
libba
nepenthes rajah

Funny how people keep saying "he's like Naruto but I like him in spite of that" - hell yeah, he is like Naruto and I like him because of it. XD
Old 2010-01-01, 05:31   Link #114
KonohasOrangeFlash

I could not Agre more...and anyone who disagrees is out of their minds. Black Star is what makes Soul eater so great. He is so badass, and cool. Look at how strong he has become, What a Beast...he is alot like Naruto...The loud cockiness to him and the more serious side to him..he is a Carbon copy of Naruto. Thats why I like him So Much ^_^..I loved him from the Moment I saw him...Ohh and one thing..I love the VA for Black Star in the Anime but its not perfect..it should have been deeper..Somewhere near souls Level...than he would be perfect...
Old 2010-01-01, 12:52   Link #115
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Then It appears I am out of my mind. :P

Unlike Naruto Black Star backs his shit up. Naruto is a faggot who hyperventilates when shit gets though, but Black Star is on his way to become a bunshin! In another chaters in Naruto the brat will still be crying Sasuke, while dreaming of being hokage. While Soul Eater will be finished with Black Star being one of the greatest Badasses ever!

Black Star > Naruto!
Old 2010-01-04, 09:20   Link #116
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repelsteeltju View Post
Then It appears I am out of my mind. :P

Unlike Naruto Black Star backs his shit up. Naruto is a faggot who hyperventilates when shit gets though, but Black Star is on his way to become a bunshin! In another chaters in Naruto the brat will still be crying Sasuke, while dreaming of being hokage. While Soul Eater will be finished with Black Star being one of the greatest Badasses ever!

Black Star > Naruto!
I ahve to agree with you on this point. While there are some simlarities between the two, there are also key differences. One of which is that Black Star can back his talk up. Maybe earlier Black Star had the problem of not being able to back things up, but now he really can. Besides now that he can he doesn't talk big like that so much anyways. After what happened with Mifune and at Tsubaki's home he's had to change. The goal he's after is one in which he will have to carry the spirits of those who's dreams he crushes.

Anyways the key point remains that Black Star is a badass character and makes the series that much more entertaining.
Old 2010-08-02, 12:25   Link #117
blackxstar

Spoiler for Actually... the manga tells their approximate ages... :D:
Closed Thread