AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-02-29, 11:34   Link #5701
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

No, it's Nanoha, where the villains wear goth-loli skirts or glorified swimsuits.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 11:36   Link #5702
Justin_Brett

And those weren't too terrifying either, but they weren't worn by ruthless killers of the underworld and so forth.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 11:54   Link #5703
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
And those weren't too terrifying either, but they weren't worn by ruthless killers of the underworld and so forth.
Look at our villains of the franchise xD

Season One:
- Stripperiffic black clothes with a drmatic cape.
- Evil-looking dress with Dark Queen/Witch design.

Season Two:
- RPG-like medieval themed clothes with Nanoha's unique touch(Signum was the first character dressed in pink i had to take seriously in an anime series xD).
- Also misteryous masked people.

season Three:
- Basic design mecha mooks
- Loli Rider, Wanderer knight and Etna-lookalike combo xD
- Evangelion-like plugsuits
- Eeeevil Lab Coat xD!

Season Four:
- Rockstars, Country, fine bussiness clothes, a smooth white suit, Heavy Metal and a huge preference for the color black xD

The villains in Force certainly are chessy but they're also the most villain looking adversaries of the franchise so far.

By the way io kind of like that each "family" have their own gimmick it makes the story a bit less boring and helps to identify one grop from another. Anyway, i won't enjoy this guys for much time since they're about to be skewered by Cypha xDU.

Still missing Marty, hope some of these guys is as charismatic as him.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 11:54   Link #5704
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Weren't the wolken ruthless killers? I seem to remember that.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:06   Link #5705
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Weren't the wolken ruthless killers? I seem to remember that.
The difference is that the Wolkenritter being ruthless killers was only an "Informed Ability" to the audience so far cause when they appeared onscreen they were already living with Hayate for the past six months and thus radically changed so they never actually killed someone in the current era. The Wolks being "ruthless killers" is more a plot device of their backstory rather than an actual character trait.

The Huckebein on the other hand is stated to be outright hostile and villanous since the beginning and they do show their fangs without shame, Cypha "killed" Signum, the whole family raids entire facilities full of non-fighters, slaughtering them. And is stated several times that they have not-so-noble reasons for letting live the people who has survived a visit from them(Now that the Grendel family entered the scene is easy to assume Curren wants to have Section Six as cannon fooder if the need arise).

In other words, the Wolkenritter were depicable somewhere in the past(and that's just because they were forced to follow orders) while the Huckebein is depicable right now and in our faces xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-29, 12:08   Link #5706
Justin_Brett

Yeah, that's why I used underworld specifically: all the villains in Force but one are criminals so far, and pretty different from the Wolkies.

All the Eclipse people in Force make me think of somebody who wears whatever outfit they want because no-one can tell them not to. Even if they're meant to function as evil Barrier Jackets or whatever.
Old 2012-02-29, 12:29   Link #5707
LostSome

Cypha`s outfit can be surprisingly hot.

Those "kids" don`t look the kind of villains that you can just kill... Seriously, they are kids.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:30   Link #5708
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ And that's why killing them will have such a high schock value, c'mon Tsuzuki you know you want to do it xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-29, 12:34   Link #5709
LostSome

Well, I would be... Do it !

Looks like the girl with the tasers owns the Raptors big times...
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 12:41   Link #5710
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Hmm. Who would like to make predictions on who would die when Force ends?
Old 2012-02-29, 12:50   Link #5711
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
T_T that's sad

Anyway........ prediction would be that the Huckebein would die XD (and Touma would go emo XD and Signum punch would save him)
Old 2012-02-29, 12:56   Link #5712
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Probably i'm like the last suitable person but let's do it...

Cypha is 50-50 at the moment. Villanous enough to deserve it but also too cheap of a villain to waste such a dramatic moment on. Plus, she seems to start kicking butt and look somewhat heroic and we know Tsuzuki don't kill heroic characters(he just mauls them horribly xDU).

Curren is a prime candidate as she seems to be too awesome to live, i don't know how Tsuzuki plans to balance the existence of such a broken characters. Specially taking in mind that Curren's effectiveness comes less from her superior powers and more from her superior competence and skill. Maybe a DiabolusExMachina is throwed to end her life xD?

Veyron is probably another one, possibly dying after accomplishing his goal or failing at it and pleading Tohma to finish the job for him.

Tohma and Lily themselves are candidates if Tsuzuki wants a downer ending where the evil masterplan is stopped but at the cost of Tohma or Lily's(or both) Heroic Sacrifice(s).

Neither of the old cast is candidate, after seeing how Tsuzuki chickened with Signum i don't expect any serious threat to the lives of the old cast xDU(altough it will be awesome if Signum put her weakened body to a good use and pulls off an Heroic Sacrifice of her own xD).

With such short developement i think the Grandel family is filled with good canidates to be killed/depowered by the end of the series xD.

Finally, i want Fortis to die but that's more likely not gonna happen xDU.

EDIT: Oh yeah, expect lots and lots of Raptor "deaths" xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-29, 12:57   Link #5713
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Looks like the girl with the tasers owns the Raptors big times...
Wh-what? They can get beaten by a taser? You're positive that's what it's saying?
Old 2012-02-29, 13:00   Link #5714
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Wh-what? They can get beaten by a taser? You're positive that's what it's saying?
It'll make sense if those end up being Taser Dividers xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-29, 13:01   Link #5715
Justin_Brett

You laugh, but they probably are.
Old 2012-02-29, 13:18   Link #5716
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
The numbers were. The Wolkies were. Informed ability be damned, their clothing never stopped us from taking them seriously before. I don't see how someone chewing bubblegum (which, again, is a delinquent thing) suddenly makes this different.

I have my own concerns for these new characters, but their clothing is by fear the least among them.
Old 2012-02-29, 13:35   Link #5717
Kojaku_Izayoi
Rookie Time Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Kojaku_Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Cypha is 50-50 at the moment. Villanous enough to deserve it but also too cheap of a villain to waste such a dramatic moment on. Plus, she seems to start kicking butt and look somewhat heroic and we know Tsuzuki don't kill heroic characters(he just mauls them horribly xDU).
I agree with you. There are occasions where she deserved to die in horrible ways, or living with a more cruel mercy, considering she has ostentatious personality.

Quote:
Curren is a prime candidate as she seems to be too awesome to live, i don't know how Tsuzuki plans to balance the existence of such a broken characters. Specially taking in mind that Curren's effectiveness comes less from her superior powers and more from her superior competence and skill. Maybe a DiabolusExMachina is throwed to end her life xD?
Most of the majority fandom says so. Why? Because that's Tsuzuki's own fault, so why is she portrayed.

Somehow I don't understand more what's on Tsuzuki's mind. Maybe he thinks victory is boring, right?

Quote:
Tohma and Lily themselves are candidates if Tsuzuki wants a downer ending where the evil masterplan is stopped but at the cost of Tohma or Lily's(or both) Heroic Sacrifice(s).
More precisely, it become Bittersweet Ending, just like Terminator 2. Because in order to prevent similar events happening again, then the source of all problems that must be destroyed ASAP. Similar in Rein Eins in A's.
Kojaku_Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 13:38   Link #5718
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^^ The Numbers and the Wolkies also have differences. The older Numbers didn't kill by forced rules put upon them, the did it out of loyalty and believe on their "father" while most of the younger ones did it mostly out of a combination of loyalty and naivety since they were never raised with proper social values and skills to measure their actions. For all of StrikerS flaws i think the Numbers are surprisingly decently done characters xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-29, 13:46   Link #5719
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Doesn't stop them from being ruthless killers tho
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 13:49   Link #5720
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Really, the only reason the eclipse people are 'broken' is because the TSAB is a magical society and anti-magic has come to bite them in the rear for it. Remove the anti magic, and they only have regeneration and whatever unique power they have. Still very powerful, but nowhere near as broken. We already know a good headshot can kill them, for one.

Tags
manga, nanoha force