AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-01-25, 09:24   Link #1541
UsagiTenpura
Artist

This volume is heavily reminding me of Umineko - including the ending.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 10:15   Link #1542
WiliamZ0

In a sense , we gonna witness the born of Female Accelerator of Magic Side
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 10:46   Link #1543
tsunade666

sigh..... >_> I'm not happy on what I'm ready. Sure version Omega is good and the black and white chapter is also nice but version Alpha and Beta >_> it really kills the mood when at one point its funny and the second you just got killed. I don't like it that way. if its one way ticket to despair valley then the mood set by Alpha to Beta and finally Omega shouldn't be that different.

I prefer if the early version is a bit serious too or at least the mood isn't like that.

I like version Omega and so forth but the previews? >_> ....
Old 2014-01-25, 11:03   Link #1544
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

didnt kill the mood at all, you should already know that was false happiness/comedy or whatever that would bring inevitable sadness
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 11:06   Link #1545
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Thanks for reminding me. Emotional rant from Touma here. Its making me sweating from my eye. Really not crying here, nope, no sir, I'm too manly for that. Though after finish reading I'm starting to wonder why Othinus doesn't crash the scene and kick out Will-chan, considering all her appearances before this.
She's clearly not omniscient. She's probably elsewhere inspecting the world.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 11:20   Link #1546
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
sigh..... >_> I'm not happy on what I'm ready. Sure version Omega is good and the black and white chapter is also nice but version Alpha and Beta >_> it really kills the mood when at one point its funny and the second you just got killed. I don't like it that way. if its one way ticket to despair valley then the mood set by Alpha to Beta and finally Omega shouldn't be that different.

I prefer if the early version is a bit serious too or at least the mood isn't like that.

I like version Omega and so forth but the previews? >_> ....
Read Chapter 7 and enjoy the tears
Old 2014-01-25, 11:59   Link #1547
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
I truly wonder how kamachi is going to top such an antagonist like othinus. Seriously she is the most broken powered, psychotic and devious villain i have ever seen. Can anyone else name any characters from anywhere that are as powerful as othinus?
Isn't that hard trust me

Btw, some known examples: Beatrice, 34 and Trollkastel.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 12:00   Link #1548
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
version Alpha and Beta >_> it really kills the mood when at one point its funny and the second you just got killed. I don't like it that way. if its one way ticket to despair valley then the mood set by Alpha to Beta and finally Omega shouldn't be that different.
Beta is fun light hearted stuff? I disagree with that, it's pure suffering ...

Imagine yourself sitting in a corner and watching while a complete stranger takes your place and has fun with your friends, your personal nun, your belongings and your very identity. On top of that, a random sexy Goddess with a sweet scent person pours salt on the wound by bashing you and telling you how your very self is easily replaceable, that anyone else is fine.
It sure is so fun.
Old 2014-01-25, 12:17   Link #1549
LG-MAX

that was the craziest part of all, if I did not know what would have happened I would have cried, it was amazing

Quote:
Beta is fun light hearted stuff? I disagree with that, it's pure suffering ...

Imagine yourself sitting in a corner and watching while a complete stranger takes your place and has fun with your friends, your personal nun, your belongings and your very identity. On top of that, a random sexy Goddess with a sweet scent person pours salt on the wound by bashing you and telling you how your very self is easily replaceable, that anyone else is fine.
It sure is so fun.
__________________,
I agree with you, but I think he's joking, I mean, put yourself in the situation of Touma and not feel any kind of suffering is odd, the comedy was just to fool us readers, and in my case only made things more serious when came the revelation.
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 12:19   Link #1550
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
that was the craziest part of all, if I did not know what would have happened I would have cried, it was amazing,
Spoiler for space:
Old 2014-01-25, 12:28   Link #1551
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Touma, come here I'll give you a hug.

nobody ever again will call you of empty character, and it is interesting that all he said could not return to "normal" if he chooses to "kill" who should is dead.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 12:34   Link #1552
LG-MAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Spoiler for space:
Touma is so weak and helpless that the first girl to make a move will win his heart.
Old 2014-01-25, 13:03   Link #1553
Chaos2Frozen
Spherical Cow

Quote:
I agree with you, but I think he's joking, I mean, put yourself in the situation of Touma and not feel any kind of suffering is odd, the comedy was just to fool us readers, and in my case only made things more serious when came the revelation.
He's not joking, Tsunade is like that.

Anyway I thought Alpha was a bit over the top in it's depiction of how extreme the world would have gotten just to hunt down Kamijou, like REALLY over the top "I eat babies for breakfast" evil.

Beta was actually creepy and the best kind of creepy which uses the "uncanny" to disturb. Where everything looks normal bit somewhere at the back of your head there's a small voice telling you that something is wrong. All good survival horror games employ this tactics. Plus it preys on the fear of losing your identity whether it's stolen or forgotten.

But I didn't get what was the trick that Othinus played on him by asking him who he is? Can someone explain?

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 13:04   Link #1554
VTP-DDM

I thought the mood change from Alpha to Beta worked very well. It wasn't jarring since most readers would have a sense of paranoia that something isn't quite right, but at the same time wouldn't be able to guess what is happening because the antics of the characters are so typical of the series. Seeing all that gives the twist in the chapter a bigger impact.

I've enjoyed the New Testament series so far since it's gone into more depth with Touma's character, but the Alpha, Beta and Omega chapters are up there as the best I've read so far. Alpha is a disturbing dystopia that gives an interesting interpretation of Touma's heroics, even if I thought the consequences were a bit remote, and Touma being attacked by his friends was shocking. Beta comes along and does a good job of attacking Touma's self-worth; you can scarcely imagine what it would be like to be shown that you're easily replaceable, regardless of what you did in the past. Omega then compounds that by showing us a utopia where everyone gets along and there is no suffering, which is something that Touma could never achieve. Of the three, Omega is certainly the most poignant.

It's a bit morbid, but this sort of break-down was overdue. For the whole series, Touma has been almost too selfless, or at least that's the impression we get. His rant, though, after reaching breaking point, revealed that he does actually have an ego and did think there was some personal benefit to doing what he was doing. If this novel could induce one key change in his character, for me, it wouldn't be to make Touma darker or more cynical, but to make him think less along the lines of "I want to protect their world" and more along the lines of "I want to protect my world".
VTP-DDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 13:07   Link #1555
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Touma is so weak and helpless that the first girl to make a move will win his heart.
Saying that make me feels the relationship chart I put before is correct

Those with Othinus and Will the closest to Touma ... Mikoto have lots of rival lately ... No matter, suck it Mikoto cult XD
Old 2014-01-25, 13:14   Link #1556
Chaos2Frozen
Spherical Cow

Will doesn't count- if I understand this correctly she essentially is just the literal "will" of all the sisters in the network. That's like saying having 9000+ girls being the "closest", it doesn't make sense.

Old 2014-01-25, 13:18   Link #1557
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But I didn't get what was the trick that Othinus played on him by asking him who he is? Can someone explain?
Youn answered yourself:

Quote:
Plus it preys on the fear of losing your identity whether it's stolen or forgotten.
She wanted Touma to lose his indentity by himself.
Old 2014-01-25, 13:21   Link #1558
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

I think he means how
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 13:24   Link #1559
Chaos2Frozen
Spherical Cow

Okay so Othinus asked him to pick someone else by planting the idea in his head that he might also not be "Kamijou Touma" ?

Old 2014-01-25, 13:35   Link #1560
LG-MAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Okay so Othinus asked him to pick someone else by planting the idea in his head that he might also not be "Kamijou Touma" ?
accurate, there's even a part that says if Othinus can mess with the heads of the others, what could not do this with Touma? she wanted that own Touma believe it was someone else and choose for yourself.

Quote:
I thought the mood change from Alpha to Beta worked very well. It wasn't jarring since most readers would have a sense of paranoia that something isn't quite right, but at the same time wouldn't be able to guess what is happening because the antics of the characters are so typical of the series. Seeing all that gives the twist in the chapter a bigger impact.

I've enjoyed the New Testament series so far since it's gone into more depth with Touma's character, but the Alpha, Beta and Omega chapters are up there as the best I've read so far. Alpha is a disturbing dystopia that gives an interesting interpretation of Touma's heroics, even if I thought the consequences were a bit remote, and Touma being attacked by his friends was shocking. Beta comes along and does a good job of attacking Touma's self-worth; you can scarcely imagine what it would be like to be shown that you're easily replaceable, regardless of what you did in the past. Omega then compounds that by showing us a utopia where everyone gets along and there is no suffering, which is something that Touma could never achieve. Of the three, Omega is certainly the most poignant.

It's a bit morbid, but this sort of break-down was overdue. For the whole series, Touma has been almost too selfless, or at least that's the impression we get. His rant, though, after reaching breaking point, revealed that he does actually have an ego and did think there was some personal benefit to doing what he was doing. If this novel could induce one key change in his character, for me, it wouldn't be to make Touma darker or more cynical, but to make him think less along the lines of "I want to protect their world" and more along the lines of "I want to protect my world".
one of the best comments of this topic.

Tags
infinite hell